Sign in to follow this  
princess

Brooke Shields

I wish Brooke and her family only the best. She seems like a down-to-earth woman considering what a wacky childhood she had herself. I respected her for talking about her post-partum depression in public and am still reeling from CrazyTom's attack on her.

Posted Image

Just a week after giving birth to second daughter Grier (who joins 2-year-old Rowan), Brooke Shields takes a stroll with husband Chris Henchy in Los Angeles on Monday.

Posted Image

When Shields gave birth to baby girl Grier on April 18, she also gave daughter Rowan, almost 3, a special gift. "I realize that they'll have each other after we're not here anymore," says Shields, 40, an only child who's married to screenwriter Chris Henchy. "And to me, that really settles my mind."

Brooke looks so beautiful! And a great pic with the children. Wonder when we are going to see pic of "family Cruise"....

abomb, I was just thinking the same thing. Brooke releasing that darling photo puts the heat on TC to find a baby QUICK. No baby photo, or selling one to OK Mag makes him look like as big of an idiot as he is...Brooke did the right thing. RELEASE a cute photo, and now it's done. Nobody will be bugging her for a pic, they already have one.Good quote, and good thinking, Brooke. Thanks for reminding us ONCE AGAIN why your nemesis is such a fool.

Very cute pic :wub: also she's on the People cover, isn't she? It seems that all the big celeb baby's end up on the People cover, that makes me wonder why GMD sold his pics to OK!

abomb, I was just thinking the same thing.  Brooke releasing that darling photo puts the heat on TC to find a baby QUICK.  No baby photo, or selling one to OK Mag makes him look like as big of an idiot as he is...Brooke did the right thing.  RELEASE a cute photo, and now it's done.  Nobody will be bugging her for a pic, they already have one.

Well, you know it's taking a while to find that baby with a big head of dark hair with bangs like Tom's and big blue eyes... :rolleyes:

posted in the Tom thread too

Tom Cruise to Show Off Suri PicturesSo maybe he didn't take a million dollar deal, because Tom Cruise is going to show off pictures of his precious Sorry Suri on Ellen tomorrow according to Celebrity Baby Blog.If you happen to tune in, don't look directly at the picture. You know he's putting some fucked up hypnotic shit in that picture.

I think he's waiting for the perfect timing in terms of press, whatever.

Brooke's family pics are nice though aren't they. They are all a photogenic bunch. I admire her for standing up to Tom Cruise because so many people tend to get shouted down by him. I followed her post-natal depression statements and the arguments with Tom Cruise quite closely and am glad she stood her ground. Even if Tom's intentions were good he still should have maybe said 'In MY view blah blah...' and not 'this is how it SHOULD be'. Because of course people are all different and his view is only one of many, not the only one. :rolleyes:

Posted Image

people.com

Brooke Shields, who suffered from severe postpartum depression after the birth of her first child, was concerned that she’d be in the same state after the arrival of her second daughter – but this time around has been "nothing like the first one," Shields tells PEOPLE.

Since Grier Hammond Henchy's April 18 arrival, the only discomfort Shields has felt is the pain from her C-section incision. Although she was prepared to ask for another prescription of Paxil, the antidepressant that helped her recover with daughter Rowan, now 3, she didn't need it this time.

"I was like, 'You know what? I think I'm okay now,'" she said to her doctor, PEOPLE reports in its upcoming issue.

This should come as good news to Tom Cruise, who admonished the actress last year for taking antidepressants. Speaking of Cruise, although Shields and Katie Holmes gave birth on the same day, on the same floor, of the same hospital, at first Shields wasn't even aware that there was another celebrity down the hall.

"Basically, I was being cut in two, so it wasn't the first thing I was going to ask about," says Shields. "I was just glad that everything for me was going well."

One month later, it still is. Shields, 40, and her husband, sitcom writer Chris Henchy, 42, have slipped into a happy routine, quickly adjusting to life with their littlest addition.

"Now it just really feels like a full-on family," says Shields. "I'd be lucky to just have the one, but with two, I realize they'll have each other after we're not here anymore, and to me, that really settles my mind."

For more on Brooke Shields, pick up PEOPLE on newsstands Friday.

It's funny. I had no opinion about Brooke one way or another before Tom attacked her out of the blue. She responded to his unsolicited thoughts with grace and humour. Now, for the first time ever, I am an admirer of Ms. Shields. Tom needs to re-hire Ms. Kingsley PRONTO to save whats left of his shrivelled reputation!

There is no way Kingsley would EVER take Cruise back. She cannot possibly save him. Too many people dislike him. It is so obvious what a GREAT PR person she was -- she was worth every penny he paid her. She kept him quiet for a LONG LONG TIME. And, it made him millions.

She (Kingsley) must be laughing her ass off right now. Brooke, too, for that matter.

Posted Image

Brooke Shields cuddles 1-month-old daughter Grier during their first public outing, a visit to The Ivy restaurant in Santa Monica on Saturday.

Posted Image

Brooke is one of the few celebs on whom I think those oversized shades look nice. She has the height & hair & presence to carry them off.....

Brooke Shields' Revenge on Tom Cruise Monday, July 24, 2006By Roger Friedman Brooke Shields has infamously crossed swords with Tom Cruise on the subject of psychiatry — the pint-sized film star openly criticized Shields for taking antidepressants to cure her postpartum depression.Shields told me over the weekend that she’s now set to play a shrink on the F/X hit drama "Nip/Tuck." But she won’t be anything like the confident dispenser of comfort and wisdom that Lorraine Bracco plays on "The Sopranos.""This is a shrink no one should go to," Brooke told me while chasing her 3-year-old daughter Rowan around the VIP tent at Mercedes-Benz Bridgehampton Polo on Saturday afternoon. Meanwhile, writer-producer husband Chris Henchy ("Entourage") had a watchful eye on their newborn, Grier."It’s a recurring role," Shields reported, but the irony is not lost on anyone. Cruise, an avowed Scientologist, is anti-psychiatry. He attacked Shields for embracing the otherwise-revered science. Now she’s joining the ranks of the professionals.Shields and Henchy weren’t the only notables at Polo, which kicked off its season with a slew of sponsors like Intermix, T-Mobile Sidekick 3 and Gold Peak iced tea.Also glad-handing and having a ball were model/entrepreneur Janice Dickinson, gay and dead "Soprano" Joe Gannascoli, two-time Oscar nominee Sylvia Miles and FOX’s very own Bill McCuddy.Movie producer/media mogul/businessman Keith Barish was also on the scene, with son, Chris and Chris’ wife, Michelle .The Barishes threw a terrific barbecue later at their Southampton manse with all the fixins and plenty of interesting guests, including former Barneys owner Gene Pressman, who’s publishing his first book this fall, "Chasing Cool."

Edited by BobbyD

the pint-sized film star openly criticized Shields

Fairly daring of Mr. Friedman.Well done.