princess

Drew Barrymore

I've always liked her--a littly chubby or thinned down & glammed up--I think she's one of the more "real" people in Hollywood (though I'd still hesitate to call her "normal", which goes back to my philosophy that creative geniuses really can't be normal)

SWEPT UP

With her chic updo, Drew Barrymore puts her back into it Thursday at Calvin Klein's post Fashion Week afterparty and arrives with attitude to spare.

Posted Image

"When people hear my singing, they'll say, 'What? She f--king sucks!' But if they have any idea just what it took to get to the 'f--king sucks' place--awesome!"

--Lovable Drew Barrymore in Us. No, she isn't a singer, but she plays one in a new movie, Lucky You. Hey, it worked for Adam Sandler. And if she'd gotten him to play her love interest, it undoubtedly would work again.

BON VOYAGE

With a friendly wave, a dressed down Drew Barrymore prepares to face the friendly skies Friday, as she heads to catch a plane out of New York City.

Posted Image

"I want to be terrified ... I want full-tilt, 80-mile-an-hour heading into a brick wall."

– Drew Barrymore, on how she chooses roles, to Elle

Here are a few of her quotes I like. She seems like an "old soul", with a quirky, fun-loving personality!

I believe that everything happens for a reason, but I think it's important to seek out that reason - that's how we learn.

Drew Barrymore

I definitely don't think that I'm hot doo-doo. I don't.

Drew Barrymore

I don't know anybody's road who's been paved perfectly for them, there are no manuals, you don't know what life has in store for you.

Drew Barrymore

I don't want to be stinky poo poo girl, I want to be happy flower child.

Drew Barrymore

I get to be a kid now, because I wasn't a kid when I was supposed to be one. But in some ways, I'm like an old woman-lived it, seen it, done it, been there, have the T-shirt.

Drew Barrymore

I think she is just adorable, and it's extra endearing how much you can still see the little girl from ET in her face, especially when she is not all made-up. Even though she is #1 on boyfriend's celebrity freebie card, there is something so sweet about her that it is impossible to be jealous.

but seriously? 20 pounds? really? I think she has always looked great and certainly she is slimmer now - almost too slim but not quite - but 20 pounds? That seems like a lot. Especially since I don't think she is terribly tall. Where was she carrying that weight?

Here's what she said regarding being dubbed in most of her singing roles but not in her current film. It demonstrates her candidness, a large part of her charm, imo :wub:

When people hear my singing, they'll say, 'What? She f--king sucks!' But if they have any idea just what it took to get to the 'f--king sucks' place--awesome!

Drew Is Doing Fab

Posted Oct 16th 2006 4:00PM by TMZ Staff

Drew Barrymore is still going strong with her longtime boyfriend, Strokes drummer Fabrizio Moretti.

Posted Image

The hipster duo where spotted walking through Soho on Saturday looking like quite the happy couple.

And it seems Drew can't claim she's "never been kissed" anymore, as Fab planted one on her when they stopped inside a local art gallery.

Drew and Fabrizio are probably the only thing cooler than a New York autumn afternoon.

Drew Is Doing Fab

Posted Oct 16th 2006 4:00PM by TMZ Staff

Drew Barrymore is still going strong with her longtime boyfriend, Strokes drummer Fabrizio Moretti.

Posted Image

The hipster duo where spotted walking through Soho on Saturday looking like quite the happy couple.

And it seems Drew can't claim she's "never been kissed" anymore, as Fab planted one on her when they stopped inside a local art gallery.

Drew and Fabrizio are probably the only thing cooler than a New York autumn afternoon.

I wonder if this will last.......

IN STEP

Drew Barrymore gets a hold of her leading man, Strokes drummer Fabrizio Moretti, during a cozy stroll Thursday in Venice Beach.

Posted Image

WELL-READ

From glamorous to bookish: Just days after vamping it up at a Hollywood premiere, an understated Drew Barrymore hits an L.A. flea market to stock up on some reading material on Sunday.

Posted Image

NYDN

She's Drew & improved

Drew Barrymore strikes the perfect Manhattan pose wearing a dazzling white Marchesa cocktail dress in the upcoming February issue of Harper's Bazaar.

The 31-year-old star of the upcoming film "Music and Lyrics" dishes on her five-year relationship with Strokes drummer Fabrizio Moretti, working with fashion designer Giles Deacon, and the joy of being happy with your age.

"Don't take life so seriously," she says. "Don't take the movie industry too seriously. Don't take love and your relationship so goddamned heavy all the time. Laugh, laugh, laugh."

The actress, who grew up both onscreen and in the tabloids, even offers advice to the likes of Lindsay Lohan and Britney Spears: "You just have to try to be as graceful as you can," she says. "You flub, you flub. And that's life. I think: Do what you want, but just be professional."

5 January 2007

DREW'S LOVE'S SO FAB

Eva Simpson & Caroline Hedley

IF the acting work ever dries up, Drew Barrymore could try her hand at relationship counselling.

The Charlie's Angels actress has been dating Strokes hottie Fabrizio Moretti for five years and says the secret of their success is having fun.

Dr Drew says: "Don't take your relationship so dammed seriously all the time. Laugh more! Laugh your ass off!

"You need to reinvent yourselves. Now I'm in a phase of, 'I'm not even your girlfriend. I'm your best friend who is madly in love with you."

Drew also admits she's unlikely to ever be a size zero. She says: "I constantly battle with my weight. I want to eat whatever I want and get away with it, but I can't."

We don't hear Fab complaining.

NEW YORK (AP)

-- Drew Barrymore wants everybody to lighten up.

"You know, it's all just humor," the 31-year-old actress says in an interview in the February issue of Harper's Bazaar magazine, on newsstands Jan. 16. "Don't take life so seriously. Don't take fashion too seriously. Don't take the movie industry too seriously. Don't take love and your relationship so ... heavy all the time."

"Laugh, laugh, laugh," she continues. "Life is like high school and it's small and everybody talks about everybody, so just laugh ..."

Barrymore, a once party-hearty girl who famously flashed her breasts at David Letterman, knows what it's like to be talked about. So what's her advice for Lindsay Lohan, whose wild child ways are tabloid fodder?

"I know Lindsay, and I like her very much," Barrymore says. "You just have to try to be as graceful as you can. You know, you flub, you flub. And that's life. ... I think, do what you want, just be professional."

Barrymore, whose screen credits include "E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial," "The Wedding Singer," "Fever Pitch" and "Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle," says times have changed since when she was younger.

"Now if you go out and get trashed at Bobby the footballer's party on Saturday night and everyone at school knows, I think that's pretty much the equivalent of Us Weekly (magazine)," she says.

Though she dislikes being followed by the paparazzi, Barrymore says the attention she gets is more friendly than unpleasant.

"I always feel like people approach me like I'm totally their sister's friend or something," she says. "It's so cool. How lucky am I?"

Drew Barrymore Good at Pointing Out The Obvious

We seriously seriously seriously need a crotch shot or an overdose. Anyone? Britney? Pete?

Drew Barrymore attributes her fluctuating weight to her inability to exist on a continual diet. The star knows she would feel more comfortable in her own skin if she constantly watched what she eats.

She says, "I am so appallingly bad and erratic. I know that I'd have a better body and feel better if I did dieting more consistently."

For those of you who were also unaware, 2+2 = 4 and fire is hot. Thanks, Drew. I say lop off those giant cow tits in some sort of breast reduction maneuver and you should be a little less weighty.

Or at least keep them corralled at awards shows. Ugh.

Drew Barrymore Sucks at Dieting [starpulse]

Drew Barrymore and her boyfriend, Strokes drummer Fabrizio Moretti, have called it quits, according to Us Weekly.

The couple had been dating since April of 2002.

“Drew said they needed time off,” a source close to the actress tells Us.

One reason for the breakup is a clash of lifestyle and personalities.

“He’s younger, and she’s more worldly,” says a source of Barrymore. “He doesn’t like the Hollywood stuff. He doesn’t get her friends.”

The pair have been together since April of 2002 and seemed a good match on the surface, friends tell the mag. “Drew has always had a taste for subculture.”

Drew Barrymore and her boyfriend, Strokes drummer Fabrizio Moretti, have called it quits, according to Us Weekly.

The couple had been dating since April of 2002.

“Drew said they needed time off,” a source close to the actress tells Us.

One reason for the breakup is a clash of lifestyle and personalities.

“He’s younger, and she’s more worldly,” says a source of Barrymore. “He doesn’t like the Hollywood stuff. He doesn’t get her friends.”

The pair have been together since April of 2002 and seemed a good match on the surface, friends tell the mag. “Drew has always had a taste for subculture.”

Oh no. Sad. They were cute together. He is really young, though.

WTH is that supposed to mean?