princess

Paul & Stella McCartney clan

McCartney and Mills to separate Former Beatle Sir Paul McCartney and his wife Heather Mills are to separate after four years of marriage, the BBC has learned. Sir Paul and Mills, a former model, married in June 2002. They had a daughter, Beatrice, a year later.

AP is now reporting an annoucement to be made later today by spokespersons for the couple...

Reports: Paul McCartney, Wife to Separate               E-MailPrint Save By THE ASSOCIATED PRESSPublished: May 17, 2006Filed at 6:34 a.m. ETLONDON (AP) -- Paul McCartney and his wife Heather Mills are planning to separate, media reports said Wednesday.Representatives of the couple declined to comment but said a statement was expected later in the day.The former Beatle married Mills in June 2002, four years after his former wife Linda McCartney died of breast cancer. McCartney and Mills had a daughter in October 2003.The Daily Mirror and BBC both reported the planned split.

If true, Heather is going to look like a twit for her denial - but she pretty much looks like a raging b**** most of the time, so this will be an improvement for her :wacko:

That explains it. I didn't think Paul was stupid about money.

Nope, he's just stupid about which head he should have listened to, the one on his neck or the other below his belt.

Now it's official! Poor Paul, he probably will never again find what he had with Linda...

Paul McCartney and Wife Separate               E-MailPrint Save By THE ASSOCIATED PRESSPublished: May 17, 2006Filed at 9:00 a.m. ETLONDON (AP) -- Paul McCartney and his second wife, Heather Mills McCartney, said Wednesday they are separating after nearly four years of marriage, citing pressures from the media and insisting their split is amicable.''Having tried exceptionally hard to make our relationship work given the daily pressures surrounding us, it is with sadness that we have decided to go our separate ways,'' a statement from the couple said. ''Our parting is amicable and both of us still care about each other very much.''McCartney, 63, and Mills, 38, married in June 2002, four years after his former wife, Linda McCartney, died of breast cancer. McCartney and Mills had a daughter, Beatrice, in October 2003.''Separation for any couple is difficult enough, but to have to go through this so publicly, especially with a small daughter, is immensely stressful,'' it added. ''We hope, for the sake of our baby daughter, that we will be given some space and time to get through this difficult period.''McCartney's wealth was estimated at $1.5 billion by the Sunday Times in their annual list of Britain's richest people. The couple are believed not to have a prenuptial agreement.In 2002, Heather Mills told Vanity Fair that McCartney didn't force her to sign a prenuptial agreement before their huge wedding -- despite tabloid reports to the contrary.Mills said she offered to sign an agreement, but that McCartney -- who was worth more than $1 billion at the time -- wouldn't allow it.''I wanted to prove that I love him for him,'' she was quoted by the magazine as saying. ''He said, 'I wouldn't let you.'''McCartney told the magazine that he knew some people would think he was being suckered by a gold digger.''I''m not stupid,'' he told Vanity Fair. ''Heather's a really nice person, or else I wouldn't be attracted in the least. She's great. But you're going to find people who are going to knock her, because the better story is the negative one.''Mills McCartney has been accused of meddling in her husband's career -- such as the dismissal of his longtime publicist Geoff Baker -- and even of influencing him on issues as diverse as dying his hair and plastic surgery.In a statement on her personal Web site, Mills McCartney posted a note from McCartney blasting the press and denying the rumors.''Although some of these articles can be funny, there are others that are plain malicious and you need to be strong not to be hurt by some of the cruel suggestions that flow from these peoples pens,'' the statement said.Rumors of a rift between Mills-McCartney and the former Beatles' children -- especially Stella McCartney -- have circulated for years. The note on the Web site denied the gossip.''The media sometimes suggests a rift between my kids and Heather, but in fact we get on great and anyone who knows our family can see this for themselves,'' McCartney wrote.Mills is a former model and a vociferous animal rights campaigner who recently traveled with McCartney to eastern Canada to fight that country's seal hunt. The couple met in 1999 through Mills' charity, the Heather Mills Health Trust. She launched the trust after losing a leg in a motorcycle accident in 1993.McCartney already has three children from his marriage to Linda, who died in 1998 -- musician James, photographer Mary, and fashion designer Stella. He also has a stepdaughter, Heather, from Linda McCartney's first marriage.

B) I don't believe the media is to blame. Heather is a strong woman and she should have been able to overcome that. She wanted to be famous and it didn't happen.

Well, I for one am a bit surprised by this. What say the Brits on board? Surprised? Or surprised it lasted this long?

I always thought she was money/fame hungry and was just using Paul. -_- But I'm US, what do the other Brits here think??

No prenup? Ohh...I think I need an ambulance. :blink:

Well--according to some brits on the previous page--that prenup isn't as important or powerful a document in the british courts ;)

According to that article he was worth $1 billion when they married and is now worth $1.5 billion, so if it works the same way it does in the U.S., she will be entitled to 50% of that half a billion dollars? I'm with BobbyD - holy crap. :blink:

Former Beatle Sir Paul McCartney and his wife Heather Mills are to separate after four years of marriage, the BBC has learned. Sir Paul and Mills, a former model, married in June 2002. They had a daughter, Beatrice, a year later.

Ugh!, These two really annoy me - -_-

No prenup? Ohh...I think I need an ambulance. :blink:

yep, I think we're gonna see just how "amicable" this split REALLY will be, if it's true they didn't have a prenup (although I thought I heard somewhere way back that Stella finally talked Paul into insisting that she sign one, don't know if this is true or not)

... although I thought I heard somewhere way back that Stella finally talked Paul into insisting that she sign one, don't know if this is true or not

Many of the things reported in the press are hearsay. I don't think an attorney would go out and leak anything - like, is there a pre-nup or not, so it's for us to check back regularly, like in that other thread where the ex-newlyweds apparently didn't sign anything.How did we prepare for that encampment again? You bring the chips, soho, I bring the dips, princess the veggies :D - and BoobyD the drinks? Same rules apply here? Any onlookers welcome if they provide to the potluck? :wacko:

... although I thought I heard somewhere way back that Stella finally talked Paul into insisting that she sign one, don't know if this is true or not

Many of the things reported in the press are hearsay. I don't think an attorney would go out and leak anything - like, is there a pre-nup or not, so it's for us to check back regularly, like in that other thread where the ex-newlyweds apparently didn't sign anything.How did we prepare for that encampment again? You bring the chips, soho, I bring the dips, princess the veggies :D - and BoobyD the drinks? Same rules apply here? Any onlookers welcome if they provide to the potluck? :wacko:
I'll bring the cookies and brownies!

I don't know...do you really think she'd try and take half his fortune (or close to it)? That would make her the most hated woman in Britain wouldn't it? (I'm sure horseface Camilla would like that though. Take some heat off her). Doesn't everyone just love Paul McCartney?

:lol: I think she will. She is a golddigger.

I agree...She could come out with the line, that it would be for her Charities or some jazz like that. I see Sir Paul and Kanye doing a duet...Goldigger II. :D

I don't know...do you really think she'd try and take half his fortune (or close to it)? That would make her the most hated woman in Britain wouldn't it? (I'm sure horseface Camilla would like that though. Take some heat off her). Doesn't everyone just love Paul McCartney?

I remember some television interview from a few years back in which Paul and Heather invited the cameras into their home. I remember them talking about how Heather didn't even know who "Paul McCartney" was and that she didn't know the Beatles music. Something about how she was raised in a home that played nothing but classical music and that she basically was in the dark as to who he was and his music. I remember he joked about "Get Back" coming on while they were together and she asked if it was one if his songs... Now I know nothing about whether she's nice or not, but I call BULLSHIT. Who the fuck doesn't know who Paul McCartney is?!?! And who hasn't heard of the Beatles? Can you even get through a history class these days without hearing about them?!?! I'm definitely younger than her and I can name every album, song, who wrote which, lyrics, etc. She had to have at least known who he was before they met. Come on... she had to leave the house sometime. I just don't buy it.As I said, I know nothing about her personally, except this:She's not Linda McCartney.

I remember some television interview from a few years back in which Paul and Heather invited the cameras into their home. I remember them talking about how Heather didn't even know who "Paul McCartney" was and that she didn't know the Beatles music. Something about how she was raised in a home that played nothing but classical music and that she basically was in the dark as to who he was and his music. I remember he joked about "Get Back" coming on while they were together and she asked if it was one if his songs...

that really made me laugh out loud. I think she was lying. How can you not know who the freaking Beatles are? School, friends, friends of the family :rolleyes: I think she's a golddigger and I heard she has the right to get $300 million, I also heard there was no pre-nup, for god's sake why wasn't there one? I don't think Paul got over Linda and definately wasn't over her death by the time lil' miss golddigger came along

EOnline.com

YOU NEVER GIVE ME YOUR MONEY: Legal experts estimating that Heather Mills may be entitled to up to one-quarter of Paul McCartney's $1.5 billion fortune. Meanwhile, the ex-Beatle posting a message on his official Website in Mills' defense, stating: "It's been suggested that she married me for the money and there is not an ounce of truth in this." On second thought, maybe that message was in self-defense.

While there is no suggestion of a divorce, any permanent split would have huge financial consequences for 63-year-old Sir Paul, who is worth a staggering £825million. The couple have no pre-nuptial agreement to protect his fortune. Last year Heather's sister and manager Fiona revealed: "Paul didn't want her to sign a pre-nup as he considers it unromantic. Besides, he knew it was completely unnecessary."

What a fool. -_-
I understand that Paul is worth 850 million NOW, but what was he worth WHEN he married her?Wouldn't the property that was his BEFORE they got married, be his after they got married? Is she entitled to half his net worth regardless of when he married her?Doesn't seem quite fair.In California what is your separate property before you gett married, is your separate property after the divorce -- although your spouse may be entitled to half of whatever increase in value exists.Regardless, Beatrice will be entitled to a big chunk of change I should think.Wonder what Stella thinks about all this.

I think he was already worth 1billion when they married and he increased his worth to 1.5 billion...so he accumulated half a billion after they married. Geez, Paul...you should've gotten your bloomin' ass a prenup! No wonder Stella was pissed, Heather's about to mess with her inheritance! Geez, I wonder if Stella is cussing her Pop out? :D