princess

Natalie Portman

Natalie Portman and Musician Boyfriend Split

Originally posted Wednesday September 24, 2008 07:30 PM EDT

Natalie Portman and her folk-rocker boyfriend Devendra Banhart have broken up, a source confirms to PEOPLE.

Portman, 27, began dating Banhart, also 27, after starring in his "Carmensita" video, which was shot last March. A short time later, they took their romance public when they were spotting kissing on the streets of New York and over a sushi dinner at Jewel Bako.

A fan of Banhart's music, Portman had asked him to donate a track to the charity compilation she curated on iTunes, Big Change: Songs for FINCA. She returned the favor by forgoing her usual fee to appear in the video.

"They got together right after the video shoot," a source said at the time.

They also traveled together to Cannes and to Israel.

• Reporting by JULIE JORDAN and MARISA LAUDADIO

Natalie Portman Soothes Nervous Rob Pattinson?

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Has Natalie Portman — now that she's shaken off rocker Devendra Banhart — set her sites on major heartthrob Rob Pattinson? Sure looked that way last night at the posh Vanity Fair Oscar Party.

"[Portman] seemed really into him, and went right up to say hello once she spotted him," dished a close Pattinson chum at the exclusive do.

So what was the Twilight star and Oscar presenter all jittery about, then? Well...

Before his encounter, Rob told us how anxious he was about presenting. "I was so nervous [about the Oscars]" the cute Brit told us, sexy accent 'n' all.

So how did the guy take the edge off?

"Whiskey and Natalie Portman," dished the R.P. pal.

Robert, who flew solo, shy and rather lonely most of the glittering night, found a fan in the gorgeous Nat. Ms. P, who also had a little whatever with Ryan Gosling recently, was pretty and piranha-like in fuchsia.

The two totally flirted it up outside on the patio, and Rob started to feel right at home in his newly found Hollywood lifestyle.

N.P. was batting those beautiful eyelashes at Pattinson, and he seemed to be enjoying every minute of it. And there were a lot of minutes. I think Ms. P's used to getting what she wants, as she dominated R.P.'s attentions most of the evening.

But fear not, ladies (and gents, too), it looks like Robalie's just in the crush stage 'cause Mr. P was seen leaving sans Portman at the end of the night.

Damn, would they have hot kids or what?

Source: eonline.com

Natalie Portman Reveals Heat Torment

Natalie Portman cut herself as a teenager.

The 28-year-old actress has revealed playing a girl who died in 1995 gangster movie 'Heat' had a profound effect on her, resulting in her harming herself after an argument with her mother.

She told the Los Angeles Times newspaper: "Just as what you are feeling in your life affects your acting, what you act in definitely affects what you are feeling in your life.

"I made 'Heat' when I was 14 and played a girl who died. A year later, I got into a fight with my mother and cut myself. I had never done it before and I never did it after that, but I think having my wrists bloody in a movie definitely affected my psyche."

Natalie revealed acting has always scared her as she is constantly worried people won't find her performances believable.

She is planning to focus on directing films in the future, but admits the prospect is equally as terrifying.

The star explained: "I really love directing. Fear is intrinsic to everything you do as a creative person. You're constantly putting yourself up there to be trashed. If I thought about it too much, I'd just be crippled. I'd rather create."

Source monstersandcritics.com

Natalie Portman Wants to Direct

NATALIE Portman says acting has always scared her — because she is constantly worried people won’t find her performances believable.

The actress — who recently revealed she finds the recession “exciting” — is planning to focus on directing films in the future, but admits the prospect is equally as terrifying as being in front of the camera.

“I really love directing,” she said. “Fear is intrinsic to everything you do as a creative person.

“You’re constantly putting yourself up there to be trashed. If I thought about it too much, I’d just be crippled. I’d rather create.”

Portman, 28, revealed earlier this month how she used to self-harm.

“Just as what you are feeling in your life affects your acting, what you act in definitely affects what you are feeling in your life,” she told the Los Angeles Times newspaper:

“I made Heat when I was 14 and played a girl who died. A year later, I got into a fight with my mother and cut myself. I had never done it before and I never did it after that, but I think having my wrists bloody in a movie definitely affected my psyche.”

Source showbizspy.com

Natalie Portman on Aging In Hollywood and Plastic Surgery

Wearing a pompadour and a Swarovski-studded Calvin Klein Jeans jacket, Natalie Portman looks tough in this sneak peek of the winter 2009/2010 issue of V Magazine, shot by photographer Mario Testino. And in the accompanying interview she’s talking tough, too — about the role of beauty in her industry.

“You see people who were stars five years ago and already they’re waning,” Natalie says of the imposed short shelf life of many Hollywood actresses. “As actresses approach 40, it starts becoming really, really difficult.” And while at 28, she’s still years from that marker, she’s ambivalent about plastic surgery in the future.

“I would hope not,” she says of whether she’d ever go under the knife. She does not, however, completely rule it out, explaining that she won’t know how she’ll feel as she ages.

While wrinkles aren’t a problem yet, she admits, “if I have a pimple I want to get rid of it.” Check out the full interview in V Magazine, on stands today.

Source People

“I would hope not,” she says of whether she’d ever go under the knife.

Well, she's already had a nose job, so never say never, Natalie!

Portman: 'I Can Always Count On Jones'

Natalie Portman has revealed that she turns to Rashida Jones during difficult times.

The Brothers star, who has a close group of female friends in Los Angeles, has admitted that Jones is the pal that she can count on the most.

Speaking to Marie Claire, the 28-year-old said: "Jones would fight beasts ten times her size to protect the people she loves.

"She is the kind of friend who can sub in and love you through the times when you can't necessarily love yourself."

Brothers is currently playing in the US and opens in UK cinemas on January 22, 2010.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Portman Credits Career To Lack Of Siblings

Natalie Portman has revealed that she would never have become an actress if she had brothers and sisters.

The Closer star, who is an only child, said that her parents would not have been able to devote so much time to her career if she had been one of many siblings.

"I had the sole attention of my parents. And you know what? If I had had brothers or sisters I would have never become an actress," TV Movie quotes her as saying.

"My mother has accompanied me to every audition and every acting class. With more children that would have never been possible. They would have been jealous of me."

The 28-year-old actress has been starring in movies since she was 12.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

Natalie Portman has revealed that she would never have become an actress if she had brothers and sisters.

The Closer star, who is an only child, said that her parents would not have been able to devote so much time to her career if she had been one of many siblings.

"I had the sole attention of my parents. And you know what? If I had had brothers or sisters I would have never become an actress," TV Movie quotes her as saying.

"My mother has accompanied me to every audition and every acting class. With more children that would have never been possible. They would have been jealous of me."

Source digitalspy.co.uk

She's a moron.

Source digitalspy.co.uk

She's a moron.

I kind of understand the point she was making, but the way she expressed herself really makes her come off rather tool-like.

Premiere Bride Natalie Portman

Natalie Portman thinks movie premieres are like weddings.

The 'Brothers' actress - who has been single since splitting from singer Devendra Banhart in September 2008 - isn't worried about getting married because turning out for the debut of a new film gives her the same level of attention she would receive as a bride.

She explained: "It's funny, some of my actress friends and I talk about how none of us have the big wedding obsession that other girls have and I think that's because what girls experience on their wedding days happens a few times a year for us.

"Any time you go to a premiere, you get your hair and make-up done and everyone is looking at you. So when I'm not working, I want to be comfortable."

When she isn't involved with Hollywood Natalie admits her friends poke fun at her fashion sense.

The 28-year-old star added to Elle magazine: "My friends have been calling me a crazy cat lady recently because I've been wearing nut-s**t clothes that don't really match. I like things that are comfy or funny - preferably both."

Source femalefirst

Natalie Portman Wants to Breed at Some Point

NATALIE Portman has her sights set on motherhood.

The 28-year-old actress — who can currently be seen starring opposite Jake Gyllenhaal in new movie Brothers — says she “hopes” to become a mom one day in the future.

“The mom comes out very easily in me, though,” said the star, who plays a mother in the movie. “I have a very maternal mom of my own.

“She’s a very cosy, nurturing type, and she is the most close-up model for that kind of behavior that I’ve had.

“I’ve not been a real mum, of course, but that remains something I hope for one day.”

Portman recently revealed she refuses to play Jewish characters in movies.

Source showbizspy.com

Natalie Portman, Vanity Fair Italy, December 2009

Posted Image

SHEENA EASTON, anyone?

Yeah!

:4biggrin: Sheena Easton dragged from the ocean with seaweed around her neck!

Portman recently revealed she refuses to play Jewish characters in movies.

Source showbizspy.com

And what's with Natalie Portman's refusal to play Jewish people?

And what's with Natalie Portman's refusal to play Jewish people?

The context of the interview was that because she's jewish she always gets scripts about the Holocaust but she's not interested in them. I'm sure it's posted here somewhere....

Natalie Portman's Ballerina Man

Natalie Portman is reportedly dating a ballerina.

The 'Brothers' actress is said to be smitten with Benjamin Millepied - who is a member of the New York City Ballet - after meeting him last year when he choreographed her new movie 'Black Swan'.

A source told the New York Post newspaper: "They've been dating since the fall, although she told friends that she hasn't gone public with it because she was waiting to see if things got serious."

Although she is said to be dating a ballerina, it seems his skills haven't rubbed off on Natalie.

She recently revealed she was a terrible dancer and was finding her role in 'Black Swan' challenging because she hasn't retained the skills she learned as a child.

She said: "I'm in full ballet mode right now playing a ballerina in 'Black Swan'. I danced until I was like 13, but I definitely remember being better than I am. I was like, 'Wow, I was pretty good as a kid.' Then I went into ballet class, and I was like, 'I'm not good at all. I really suck.' So it's been challenging."

Source monstersandcritics.com

(Reuters) - Actress Natalie Portman is engaged to a ballet dancer and choreographer and expecting her first child with him, People magazine reported on Monday.

The 29 year-old actress met the French choreographer, Benjamin Millepied, during the production of her newly released movie, "Black Swan," which has earned her Oscar buzz.

Millepied, born in Bordeaux, France, is a principal dancer and choreographer at the New York City Ballet.

In "Black Swan" Portman plays a New York ballerina whose obsession with technical perfection takes a heavy toll on her mind and body.

Good for them - hope it works out! She's pretty good at keeping her private life lowkey and out of the press. In the press for Black Swan, she certainly hasn't looked pregnant - and I'd bet she has to be through the first trimester for her to have announced it.....

Mike Huckabee slams Natalie Portman for pregnancy

'It's unfortunate that we glorify and glamorize ... out-of- wedlock children,' politician says

Matt Sayles / AP

She won over the Academy, but Natalie Portman doesn't have a fan in presidential prospect Mike Huckabee.

The former Arkansas governor and Fox News Channel host attacked the best actress winner, 29, who's currently expecting her first child with fiance Benjamin Millepied.

"People see a Natalie Portman who boasts, 'we're not married but we're having these children and they're doing just fine," Huckabee told radio host Michael Medved on his show Monday. "I think it gives a distorted image. It's unfortunate that we glorify and glamorize the idea of out-of- wedlock children."

Calling Portman's pregnancy "troubling," Huckabee went on to say that many single parents don't have the resources to hire help, the way someone like the Black Swan star would.

"Most single moms are very poor, uneducated, can't get a job, and if it weren't for government assistance, their kids would be starving to death and never have health care," he said. "And that's the story that we're not seeing."

In her acceptance speech Sunday night, Portman thanked Millepied, saying he gave her "the most important role" in her life.

Medved quipped back that Millepied "didn't give her the most wonderful gift, which would be a wedding ring!"

Copyright 2011 Us Weekly

Mike Huckabee slams Natalie Portman for pregnancy

'It's unfortunate that we glorify and glamorize ... out-of- wedlock children,' politician says

Matt Sayles / AP

She won over the Academy, but Natalie Portman doesn't have a fan in presidential prospect Mike Huckabee.

The former Arkansas governor and Fox News Channel host attacked the best actress winner, 29, who's currently expecting her first child with fiance Benjamin Millepied.

"People see a Natalie Portman who boasts, 'we're not married but we're having these children and they're doing just fine," Huckabee told radio host Michael Medved on his show Monday. "I think it gives a distorted image. It's unfortunate that we glorify and glamorize the idea of out-of- wedlock children."

Calling Portman's pregnancy "troubling," Huckabee went on to say that many single parents don't have the resources to hire help, the way someone like the Black Swan star would.

"Most single moms are very poor, uneducated, can't get a job, and if it weren't for government assistance, their kids would be starving to death and never have health care," he said. "And that's the story that we're not seeing."

In her acceptance speech Sunday night, Portman thanked Millepied, saying he gave her "the most important role" in her life.

Medved quipped back that Millepied "didn't give her the most wonderful gift, which would be a wedding ring!"

Copyright 2011 Us Weekly

What a jackass!! First, she's not a single mother. From what I hear she's in a committed relationship with the father of her child. Just because she's not married doesn't mean she's "single". Tosser!! I, too, am a "single mother" then - 2 kids with my devoted partner but no piece of paper, going on ten years now. Way longer than most hollyweird marriages last...

Secondly, what a way to tar all single parents with the same biased brush! Excuse my ignorance but Who is this knob anyway? From Australia, never heard of him. I hope no-one votes for him.

What a jackass!! First, she's not a single mother. From what I hear she's in a committed relationship with the father of her child. Just because she's not married doesn't mean she's "single". Tosser!! I, too, am a "single mother" then - 2 kids with my devoted partner but no piece of paper, going on ten years now. Way longer than most hollyweird marriages last...

i am with you! What about all those women/men with a piece of paper and still are single parents?

nob is right.