princess

Natalie Portman

My point was she goes and does nude scenes for the director of Closer...then freaks and makes him cut them and burn them(never to see the light of day). If she's against nude scenes why even film them in the first place, and make a big stink about them?

Second thoughts?She probably knew that, once there, she couldn't go back.

I aqree, she doesn't necessarily need them for her career, but nudity is a part of acting...and she's being uptight.Don't also forget that some roles do call for an actress to get nude

Do they really?I have never seen a film where the actress HAD to be nude; she could just as easily be wrapped in a towel or something.I think all that about "artistic necessity" is nonsense... It's just to juice the box office, imo.

My point was she goes and does nude scenes for the director of Closer...then freaks and makes him cut them and burn them(never to see the light of day). If she's against nude scenes why even film them in the first place, and make a big stink about them?

Second thoughts?She probably knew that, once there, she couldn't go back.

I aqree, she doesn't necessarily need them for her career, but nudity is a part of acting...and she's being uptight.Don't also forget that some roles do call for an actress to get nude

Do they really?I have never seen a film where the actress HAD to be nude; she could just as easily be wrapped in a towel or something.I think all that about "artistic necessity" is nonsense... It's just to juice the box office, imo.
We'll have to agree to disagree on this one...Even though we both have legit thoughts. Natalie can have second thoughts...but she makes it an issue through the press, accepting and declining roles publicly. She can keep that out of the press...like she's showing us all her principles. She knew a role calls for nudity, she signs an agreement, then backs out after they have been filmed, or has second thoughts. As an actress she initially knew the role called for nudity and it enhanced her character who was a vulnerable, sensitive, wounded, person in the movie, Closer. I believe in the school of thought that some roles do require nudity- strippers, drug addicts, prostitutes. It brings more realism to the role(s) ask any independent filmaker. Shows an air of vulnerability, weakness of the character, sexiness, or lack of sexiness, lack of inhibitions(Kathy Bates in About Schmidt).A lot of Art-house flicks have constant nudity...doesn't necessarily add to their box office, does it?

My point was she goes and does nude scenes for the director of Closer...then freaks and makes him cut them and burn them(never to see the light of day). If she's against nude scenes why even film them in the first place, and make a big stink about them? I aqree, she doesn't necessarily need them for her career, but nudity is a part of acting...and she's being uptight.

I totally agree. Or, if she was going to be uptight and refuse to do nude/partially nude - like a lot of actresses do and like I did when I did some acting - that is fine, most people understand that and agents won't send you out on jobs like that if you tell them you won't do it. Your agent may still tell you about stuff like that but they won't send you out on it if you don't want to do nudity - no one can MAKE you do it. But, she should have been consistent about it. If you don't do nudity, you don't take a part in a movie with nudity IN it and then do it and try to negotiate AFTER you shoot the nude scenes. Duh.But what do I know? I am probably wrong, because it looks like it worked out well for her in the end ;) Edited by soho2chelsea

Maybe it was a case of spotting a potentially Oscar-winning script, and wanting in?Just...not completely in.I could understand it- H'wood is a cutthroat town, and people will do anything to get a good role.

Natalie Portman skiing with friends at the Patagonia Resort, Argentina (07/28/2006)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

ABACAPRESS.COM via HWB

POSTAL ROCKERSNATALIE Portman is reading for the part of a troubled hooker in the dark romantic Universal comedy "Johnny Postal," and if she bags it, she'll be working with some classic rock greats. Director Frank Calo has Deborah Harry appearing as a "sex-crazed, biker bitch past her prime" and David Johansen - a k a Buster Poindexter - as a tough post office manager. Rounding out the film, which begins shooting in the city and New Jersey this fall, is Grammy-winning deejay Roger Sanchez as a "drug-dealing bad-ass pimp." Sounds like fun.

POSTAL ROCKERSNATALIE Portman is reading for the part of a troubled hooker in the dark romantic Universal comedy "Johnny Postal," and if she bags it, she'll be working with some classic rock greats. Director Frank Calo has Deborah Harry appearing as a "sex-crazed, biker bitch past her prime" and David Johansen - a k a Buster Poindexter - as a tough post office manager. Rounding out the film, which begins shooting in the city and New Jersey this fall, is Grammy-winning deejay Roger Sanchez as a "drug-dealing bad-ass pimp." Sounds like fun.

Note to agent: "I want an Oscar ~ find me a part as a prostitute! But with NO nudity!"

New York MinuteNatalie Portman and baby-faced violinist Joshua Bell have been hanging out together in New York. She attended his concert at Lincoln Center on Sunday, and then (with her parents) a small private dinner party for him at SushiSamba Park.

SNACK ATTACK? (August 22nd) Natalie Portman shows off her new brunette on walkabout in New York City...and brown-bagged some hotdogs to go.

Posted Image

HOW TO GET A HEAD

Scarlett Johansson and Natalie Portman have a meeting of the minds Wednesday on the London set The Other Boleyn Girl. Johansson plays Mary Boleyn and Portman her more high-profile sister Anne, who married King Henry VIII, bore Queen Elizabeth and lost her head.

Posted Image

Portman borrows Hepburn's little black dress

Actress said she felt 'very elegant' wearing 'Breafast at Tiffany's' garment

Natalie Portman, wearing the iconic black column dress worn by Hepburn in 1961's "Breakfast at Tiffany's," graces the cover and inside pages of the November issue of Harper's Bazaar.

NEW YORK - Audrey Hepburn has a clone: Natalie Portman.

The 25-year-old Portman, wearing the iconic black column dress worn by Hepburn in 1961’s “Breakfast at Tiffany’s,” graces the cover of the upcoming issue of Harper’s Bazaar.

A smiling Portman — often called the modern-day Hepburn — channels the spritely Holly Golightly by showing off the back of the dress, which was designed by Givenchy. Pearls are draped around her neck. Her hair, set with a black headband, is swept into a stylish updo in an update of Golightly’s signature beehive.

“I did feel very elegant suddenly,” Portman tells the magazine. “I mean, you can’t possibly measure up to Audrey Hepburn; there’s no comparison. But the elegance that she exuded was transmitted to the dress, you know, the feeling, the emotion of it.”

The dress, one of three versions made for the 1961 movie, will be sold to the highest bidder on Dec. 5 at Christie’s auction house in London. It’s expected to fetch as much as $130,000.

Proceeds from the dress will go to the City of Joy Aid charity, which provides aid to India’s poor.

Portman, whose screen credits include “Closer,” “V for Vendetta” and the “Star Wars” movies, was anxious about wearing it.

“I was so nervous that I wasn’t going to fit,” Portman says. “Everyone kept telling me how small it was, and I’m not the type who can starve myself. I’m small, but it’s not like I’m see-through.”

© 2006 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

From imdb.com today...

Portman and Bernal Back Together?

Natalie Portman and Gael Garcia Bernal have sparked reports they have rekindled their romance after they were photographed leaving a German nightclub together. The Star Wars beauty and the Mexican actor, who is a member of the jury at the Berlin International Film Festival, parted ways in 2004 after dating for a year. Earlier this week the pair were snapped leaving the China Club in Berlin, where they had been partying with a number of other celebrities. According to local media reports, Portman and Bernal climbed into a limousine and drove to the Ritz Carlton hotel together.

Digital Spy (UK) today:

Natalie Portman considers lesbian affair

Monday, April 16 2007, 11:01 BST

By Nick Levine, Entertainment Reporter

Hollywood star Natalie Portman has confessed that she would like to try a lesbian affair.

The Closer actress insisted that the personality of potential partners is more important to her than their gender.

She said: "I've never dated a woman or anything like it, but I think it's much more about the person you fall in love with. Why would you close yourself off from 50 per cent of people?"

Portman has previously been linked with actors Gael Garcia Bernal, Hayden Christensen and Jake Gyllenhaal.

She's such a sweetheart.

I remember her saying something similar about 3 years ago or so. She must have another film to push soon, eh?

November, maybe she's getting an early start or maybe she's just perfect either way, it's pretty darn cool.

I remember her saying something similar about 3 years ago or so. She must have another film to push soon, eh?

It's just something that's "out-of-date" that's meant to "endear" us to her. :D

I hope Natalie does go muff-diving, it'll make her supposed romantic entanglement with Mr. Gyllenhaal that much more interesting, and questionable. Questions, such as, who wore the strap-on? TMI?

She wore it & rocked his world, at least that's how I imagine it to be.

Yeah that seems about right.

Although, I do think in the Austin-Jake world...Jake gives it. He brings home the bacon you know.

It's just something that's "out-of-date" that's meant to "endear" us to her. :D

I hope Natalie does go muff-diving, it'll make her supposed romantic entanglement with Mr. Gyllenhaal that much more interesting, and questionable. Questions, such as, who wore the strap-on? TMI?

The point being that she's basically in a nutshell saying she's bisexual or potentially. Watch it not make a ripple in the wider press. She's a woman - and women can get away it because people either think it's cute and funny or she's just plugging a movie (she can't possibly be serious, like) and it also doesn't have any impact because in the wider world women's views are still shrugged off mostly.

Imagine if this were McBongo/Jake/Tom Cruise or Hayden C (or any man) saying this? You'd hear a pin drop before everything exploded for weeks, with people hanging on their every word. Natalie/Dunst/Furtardo say it or hint round it and nobody notices.

I just find it ironic is all. ^_^

Edited by GimmeSumSugar

Imagine if this were McBongo/Jake/Tom Cruise or Hayden C (or any man) saying this? You'd hear a pin drop before everything exploded for weeks, with people hanging on their every word. Natalie/Dunst/Furtardo say it or hint round it and nobody notices.

I just find it ironic is all. ^_^

But Jake has said essentially the same thing. Here he is in an interview with Premiere in 2005:

"You know it's flattering when there's a rumour that says I'm bisexual. It means I can play more kinds of roles, I'm open to whatever people want to call me.

"I've never really been attracted to men sexually, but I don't think I would be afraid of it if it happened."

And in another interview following BBM:

Gyllenhaal grew up in an enviously glamorous and liberal milieu. Both his parents are filmmakers, and his sister Maggie is an actor. Growing up, the idea of same-sex love was never a big deal.

"The fact that I have two godfathers who are a gay couple and a lot of my friends came out when they were 15 or 16 probably helped it all seem not that foreign," he smiles.

".... The thing is, sexuality isn't about left or right, conservative or liberal. It affects everyone. A lot of people, no matter what their political stance, are dealing with this issue."