Sign in to follow this  
princess

Sheryl Crow

I am so sorry for your loss. I can't believe how prevalent this disease is, I wish someone would step up and do some more shit about it. I am genuinely, very, very sorry.

I do hope she makes a full recovery.I had my very *first* mammogram this year and I got the follow up letter saying they saw something on it so I would need to repeat it. It ended up being okay but it was a terrifying two weeks nontheless. Sometimes I wonder if men got some disease at the rate that women got breast cancer in this country, that everyone wouldn't be tripping over themselves 24/7 to find a cure for it.

Yeah, I had the scare about four years ago myself, when an exam turned up something questionable and the doc packed me off to the mammographer faster than lightning. (It was only a cyst, thank God.) I also have a friend (age 42) who recently underwent a double mastectomy and radiation after being diagnosed. (Her mother died of the disease at that same age.)*lights candle for Sheryl and for all of the other women out there who are suffering and dying*

I do hope she makes a full recovery.Sometimes I wonder if men got some disease at the rate that women got breast cancer in this country, that everyone wouldn't be tripping over themselves 24/7 to find a cure for it.

No, shit...As a man, I do agree.

I had a friend in high school. This disease seemed to hit everyone in her family. Like 7 of her relatives, aunts and cousins, had it. She lost her aunt to it at age 23!!!! That is so damn young. I know an attorney who just lost his wife to it. Probably mid-30s but they had 3 little kids. So sad. I hope they find a cure for it and diabetes which is another one I hope they cure. My brother has had it since 4 and he is almost 30.

I do hope she makes a full recovery.Sometimes I wonder if men got some disease at the rate that women got breast cancer in this country, that everyone wouldn't be tripping over themselves 24/7 to find a cure for it.

No, shit...As a man, I do agree.
Hate to be a matyr (sp) but she won't make a full recovery since breast cancer is not cureable but it is treatable. Hopefully she will live long enough to die of old age and that a recurrance is not in her future. One of the speeches we make in my support group is when a woman says that her doctor says she is too young, etc for breast cancer to ask him if the lump was on his dick would he still want to wait and see.

I haven't seen this on any news programs or entertainment new programs.  Are we sure she has breast cancer or could this be fake?

They wouldn't do that if it were a hoax.

Stars Send Well Wishes To Sheryl Crow, via ETonline

Last week SHERYL CROW announced that she had undergone surgery for minimally invasive breast cancer. And last night, as stars like ELLEN DeGENERES and LISA KUDROW came out to support their friend and breast cancer survivor MELISSA ETHERIDGE as she was honored by the EIF Womens' Cancer Research Fund, many of the celebs sent their best wishes to Crow as well.

"I was so sad to hear about Sheryl Crow," actress LORI LOUGHLIN said.

"Law & Order" alum ANGIE HARMON told ET that it's difficult to know what it's like to deal with something like that. "You have to put yourself in someone else's shoes in order to know what they're going through," she said.

"It's touching a lot of people," TOM ARNOLD said. "She's a great gal and does so much."

Last week a spokesperson for Crow said that doctors confirm her prognosis as excellent and that she will receive radiation treatment as a precaution. Crow's spokesperson added that, "with much regret, she must postpone her complete tour of North America which was scheduled for March/April," but that it is her "intention to reschedule as much of the tour as reasonably possible."

A statement from Crow read:

"Approximately one in seven American women will be diagnosed with breast cancer in her lifetime and more than two million Americans are living with breast cancer today. I am joining the more than 200,000 women who will be diagnosed with breast cancer this year.

We are a testament to the importance of early detection and new treatments. I encourage all women everywhere to advocate for themselves and for their future. See your doctor and be proactive about your health.

More than 10 million Americans are living with cancer, and they demonstrate the ever-increasing possibility of living beyond cancer. I am inspired by the brave women who have faced this battle before me and grateful for the support of family and friends."

In February, the 44-year-old singer and seven-time Tour de France bicycling champion LANCE ARMSTRONG announced their surprise split. The two became engaged in September, 2005.

For assistance to help survivors face the everyday physical, emotional and practical challenges of cancer through education, qualified referrals and counseling services, Sheryl recommends calling LIVESTRONG SurvivorCare at 1-866-235-7205.

Crow Couples Up With Stamos Rocker Sheryl Crow has reportedly found love with Jake in Progress star John Stamos. The singer, who has recovered from breast cancer surgery, broke off her engagement to biker Lance Armstrong earlier this year. A source tells US publication Life & Style a mutual friend set up the celebrity pair. The couple had their first date a few weeks ago in Malibu, California, where they walked around the Malibu Country Mart shopping centre and stopped for a coffee. The source says, "They've been talking a lot and plan to have dinner together soon. They're really into each other, so it could blossom into something more."

Crow Couples Up With Stamos

Rocker Sheryl Crow has reportedly found love with Jake in Progress star John Stamos. The singer, who has recovered from breast cancer surgery, broke off her engagement to biker Lance Armstrong earlier this year. A source tells US publication Life & Style a mutual friend set up the celebrity pair. The couple had their first date a few weeks ago in Malibu, California, where they walked around the Malibu Country Mart shopping centre and stopped for a coffee. The source says, "They've been talking a lot and plan to have dinner together soon. They're really into each other, so it could blossom into something more."

That's a stretch, they're missing a few steps in between.

I had David Carusos # when I was a personal shopper & I called to tell him his suit was ready, does that mean we're married?

worried taco,

he wanted socks too, I may have gotten pregnant.

Edited by taco

I had David Carusos # when I was a personal shopper

Is that job as fun as it sounds, or does it suck ass??

I had David Carusos # when I was a personal shopper

Is that job as fun as it sounds, or does it suck ass??
BothIt is fun when you're picking out undies for a drunken Billy Idol, not so much fun when Miss Ross strolls through the store making bitch faces & telliing the "help" to keep their distance.I worked for a major retailer in Reno, my best customers were the girls from Mustang, they spent $$. The people performing in the showrooms were usually ASS!.Understandable when your career has reached the point where you are PERFOMING IN *shudder* Reno!!The nicest clients I ever had were Toni Tennile & this Pharmacists wife from Napa.

I had the biggest crush on him. Saw him a few years ago at a show he did here in San Diego. He may have had a ton of surgury, but he's still hot to me :D

Is the media desperate for a new couple?? That article said they had 1 date & were only in the talking stages. Atleast they have a love for music in common. ^_^

Edited by WiLdFiRe

Sheryl Crow: I Still Love Lance Armstrong

THURSDAY JULY 06, 2006 05:10PM EST

People.com, By Stephen M. Silverman

Posted Image

Sheryl Crow's breakup with fiancé Lance Armstrong was "devastating," the singer says in a new interview, adding, "I definitely still love him and always will love him."

Crow tells Vanity Fair in its August issue, "I do think about Lance every day. And I think about his kids every day." Armstrong is dad to Luke, 6, and twins Isabella and Grace, 4.

Crow, 44, and Armstrong, 34, announced their split in February after two years of dating and an engagement that lasted a little over five months. Just 17 days later, Crow was diagnosed with Stage I breast cancer.

After getting the news, she first called her parents, she tells Vanity Fair, and then sent a Blackberry message to Armstrong, who was on a solo road trip from Lake Tahoe to Oregon. "I actually turned around to make the drive to L.A.," Armstrong, himself a cancer survivor, tells the magazine. "We talked along the way and she said, 'You know, I just don't think that's a great idea.' "

"It was difficult," says Crow. "I know he wanted to be there. I would have loved for him to have swept in and carried me through." But ultimately, she says, she realized she had to rely on people who could "really just be there for me all the way through this – emotionally, unconditionally": her family.

These days, Crow is back to work, performing and writing music – and that's part of her healing process. "I still feel bruised," she tells the magazine. "I still feel really raw and vulnerable – not just from the breakup but the whole experience. … But the nice thing about my job is that there is a catharsis that I get to experience when I play some of this stuff."

Sheryl Misses Lance: "That Phantom Itch"

Posted Jul 6th 2006 12:45PM by TMZ Staff

Posted Image

Sheryl Crow isn't angry with Lance Armstrong over their break-up, but she clearly misses him immensely, saying that losing Lance was like "having part of your life amputated."

In an exclusive interview following the very public end of her relationship with Armstrong and her battle with breast cancer, Crow told "Good Morning America's" Diane Sawyer that there was a growing divide between her and Armstrong over the last days of their time together, but that she absolutely didn't believe that Armstrong "bailed" on her when she was diagnosed with breast cancer.

The singer-songwriter seemed calm and resolute when talking about the fight to save her life, but certainly made it clear that the seven-time Tour de France winner, to whom she was engaged for five months, still occupied a significant place in her heart.

"You still have that phantom itch, you know, where you wake up and I'll see something and think, 'Oh, I've got to make sure Lance is hip to this band. I've got to put it on his iPod.' And then I remember, 'Oh, wait, you know, that's not my life."

Part II of Sawyer's interview with Crow airs Friday morning.

Crow Told Armstrong To Stay AwaySheryl Crow told her ex-fiance Lance Armstrong to support her from a distance when she was diagnosed with breast cancer earlier this year. The singer, 44, learned she had the illness just two weeks after the couple ended their engagement. Crow tells Vanity Fair magazine, "It was difficult, you know. I know he wanted to be there. I do think about Lance every day. And I think about his kids every day." Cycling champion and cancer survivor Armstrong was driving from California to Oregon when his ex phoned to break the bad news. He says, "When I got that news, I can't even describe it. It was the cruellest twist. I actually turned around to make the drive to LA. We talked along the way and she said, 'You know, I just don't think that's a great idea.' (Sheryl told me) it would be hard on her in trying to manage the break up and the diagnosis. And I totally understood."

Posted Image

HERE TO STAY

Sheryl Crow is the picture of health as she rocks out on the Today show in New York City's Rockefeller Plaza on Wednesday. The singer, back on the road following treatment for breast cancer, told Today's Ann Curry, "I came through the experience really feeling stronger and much more aware of what I wanted my life to be."

Dang ~ that was some FAST treatment! Is it because they caught it so very early? The women I know who have gone through this have really suffered through the chemo treatments.

I read the Vanity Fair article on her recently and if I remember right, she said her cancer was caught early enough that she only had to have radiation, not chemo. I know from family members who have had it that radiation, while not a picnic, isn't nearly as hard on a person as chemo is.