Sign in to follow this  
princess

Brittany Murphy

http://people.aol.com/people/articles/0,19...1156366,00.html

Brittany Murphy Plans Her Dream Wedding

Saturday Feb 04, 2006 6:00am EST

Brittany Murphy is in the mood to celebrate. And why not? She's newly engaged – and her mom, Sharon, has been cancer free for more than a year now, PEOPLE reports.

On Dec. 31, Murphy accepted a proposal – along with a platinum Tiffany solitaire ring – from best-boy grip Joe Macaluso, 32, whom she met on the set of her 2004 romantic comedy Little Black Book. Almost instantly, "I turned into a big, gushy, happy bride-to-be," says the 28-year-old actress and Edison, N.J., native.

As for Murphy’s mom – with whom the actress and Macaluso share a home in L.A. – Sharon, 53, has been cancer-free for more than a year after undergoing a double mastectomy in 2004.

Between paging through bridal magazines and prepping to shoot Sin City 2 this spring, the actress spoke with PEOPLE's Carrie Borzillo-Vrenna.

FINDING MR. RIGHT We both traveled 3,000 miles to find out that the love of our lives was just across the Hudson, where we grew up. (Macaluso is from Bensonhurst, Brooklyn; the pair started dating in the summer of ’04, shortly after Murphy split with her then-fiancé Jeffrey Kwatinetz, CEO of Hollywood talent agency the Firm.)

I just knew he was a nice guy – and devastatingly handsome. I asked him to go to the movies and dinner. It was the first time in my life that I ever asked someone on a date. He didn’t want to be Rebound Guy, but I knew there was some connection there. We made it to date 17 without kissing. It’s a true, old-fashioned romance.

THE WEDDING PLANNER I have a whole stack of bridal magazines. I’m thrilled about it. When I was a little girl, I always wanted a winter wedding at the Plaza Hotel. I always loved the winter and snow in New York City. But we don’t know.

HER MOM’S BATTLE My mom is my earthbound angel. She is the strongest human being I know. (After battling breast cancer while Brittany was filming her breakout role in 1995's Clueless, Sharon Murphy had a relapse in 2003.)

We watched Gilmore Girls every time she had chemo. If she was in the hospital for a month and a half, I was on a cot in the hospital for a month and a half. After the chemo finished, her incentive was to go to the Little Black Book premiere, which was so adorable.

Recently I went to London to film Love and Other Disasters (with Orlando Bloom and Gwyneth Paltrow), on the heels of spending every single day in the hospital for a couple of years. I went to London as a girl, and I came back a woman. It coincided with a crucial time in my life in every aspect: in love, in career and in health.

SHE'S FRIENDS WITH HER EX Jeffrey is an amazing friend of mine, one of my dearest friends in the world. (Murphy had previously dated Ashton Kutcher.) God has a way of placing me back in the same situation under different circumstances if I don’t learn from it. So I try and learn the best I possibly can from every instance in life.

CHANGING HER TUNE I'm in the process of making an album right now. I've been writing music for many, many years. I grew up on a lot of jazz, and then I'm a complete hip-hop generation kid. (She recently recorded a single, "Faster Kill Pussycat," with electronic dance- music artist Paul Oakenfold.) Paul is a friend of mine and he asked me to come to the studio. Twenty minutes later my vocals were down. It’s an incredible song. STRUTTING HER STUFF I just walked the runway in Milan for Dsquared! For a 5' 3 1/2" girl from New Jersey from a working-class family, that was pretty thrilling.

Brittany Murphy's 17 date snog banFebruary 7, 2006, 3:20:08 Brittany Murphy didn't kiss her fiance until they had been on 17 dates.The stunning actress says she and Joe Macaluso - who got engaged over Christmas - kept their relationship strictly platonic for weeks.The brunette also revealed she asked him out while they were working together on the 2004 movie, 'Little Black Book'. Brittany told US based People magazine: "I just knew he was a nice guy - and devastatingly handsome. I asked him to go to the movies and dinner. It was the first time in my life that I ever asked someone on a date."She added: "We made it to date 17 without kissing. It's a true, old-fashioned romance."The sexy star also admitted she can't wait to walk done the aisle, and say's she's turned into "a big, gushy, happy bride-to-be" since becoming betrothed.The curvy 'Sin City' actress said: "I have a whole stack of bridal magazines. I'm thrilled about it. "When I was a little girl, I always wanted a winter wedding at the Plaza Hotel. I always loved the winter and snow in New York City. But we don't know."

rosiedemario

Brittany Murphy is quite the musician on the sly, so insists that people shouldn’t be too surprised by her decision to realise an album.

She recently confessed: “I’ve been singing anonymously my whole life… I’ve sung the hooks on a lot of rap and R&B songs - I just never took the credit.”

“Music has been a part of my soul since I was born. It’s something that I’ve always done, but I’ve done it very quietly. Now I guess this is the beginning of doing it not so quietly.”

And she’s not just a singer: “I can play any instrument - just give me 20 minutes. I can play a little bit of everything by ear. The only thing I actually stuck to for a while was the trumpet.” [Fametastic]

She recently confessed: “I’ve been singing anonymously my whole life… I’ve sung the hooks on a lot of rap and R&B songs - I just never took the credit.”

bullshit. Edited by fykeylicious

rosiedemario

Yes, I do believe she was the lead vocals on the Oscar Winning song, "It's Hard out here for a Pimp!" :D

This was posted on IMDB -- She definitely is not the same size as she was in Clueless.... and I doubt she has ever eaten 12 eggs for breakfast, let alone in an entire year. Murphy Slams Eating Disorder Claims Sin City star Brittany Murphy has lashed out at claims she has suffered from an eating disorder, insisting she has always been the same weight. The star became self-conscious after speculation over her small frame increased, but she maintains she merely appears slimmer because she has matured. The 28-year-old says, "I'm the same size I was in Clueless; it's just that the weight in your face changes as you grow and get older. I used to feel embarrassed about being too tiny. I had a publicist at the time who told me that I should cover my arms up in photos. She felt that if I did that, they would stop picking on me. She meant well, but it made me really self-conscious. Then I came to terms with it... This is my body; I'm proud of it, so who cares? Now I've stopped trying to eat 12 eggs for breakfast. I'm healthy which is the most important thing."

does anyone smell that?? it smells like *coughbullshitcough* to me. sheesh, she's just full of it lately: singing hooks on songs, eating 12 eggs for breakfast...

Groomsmen Premiere...Something different about her... ;)

Good catch, Iris...We should have a "game" called guess the work on the celeb. Of course our Chit-Chat resident expert, MC can be the judge.

Good catch, Iris...We should have a "game" called guess the work on the celeb. Of course our Chit-Chat resident expert, MC can be the judge.

If we played that game, we'd never have time for any other gossip, LOL! :D

True...LOL! Or we could get jumped by superfans who would say, _____never had plastic surgery and we must've been losers in high school for saying they did. _______swears they never had plastic surgery so superfan believes it to be true. We support terrorism(bin laden) for not liking or suggesting ______has had plastic surgery! Yeah, I might be poking another bear... ;)

True...LOL! Or we could get jumped by superfans who would say, _____never had plastic surgery and we must've been losers in high school for saying they did. _______swears they never had plastic surgery so superfan believes it to be true. We support terrorism(bin laden) for not liking or suggesting ______has had plastic surgery! Yeah, I might be poking another bear... ;)
Poke away!!!! Some take these celebs WAY too seriously. :wacko: :wacko:

Brittany Murphy at Talladega Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby Premiere (07/26/2006)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Hutchins Photos via HWB

Brittany Murphy, Fiancé End Engagement

TUESDAY AUGUST 22, 2006 07:55AM EST

By Lisa Ingrassia

Brittany Murphy and Joe Macaluso, engaged since last New Year's Eve, have broken off their engagement, PEOPLE has learned exclusively.

The two "have amicably ended their engagement. They remain close friends and wish each other much happiness," a rep for Murphy tells PEOPLE.

Last Sunday, Murphy showed up at the Teen Choice Awards without her engagement ring. Asked about her wedding plans in the press room, the actress became evasive before saying, "Everything is going wonderful, thank you. I'm just living every moment, you know, enjoying my day."

Murphy, 28, who had met Macaluso – who is a best boy grip responsible for lighting and electricity on a movie set – while filming Little Black Book. After that film wrapped production, she asked him to the movies for their first date.

The couple went on 17 dates before they shared their first kiss. They became engaged on Dec. 31, 2005.

"It felt right," the actress told PEOPLE in January. "I love being in love."

It was the second engagement for Murphy, who was previously set to marry wed manager Jeff Kwatinetz.

Murphy, who's appeared in 2002's 8 Mile with Eminem and this year's The Groomsmen with Edward Burns, is currently filming Tinker Bell, an animated film in which she costars with Kristin Chenoweth.

Brittany Murphy could soon be checking in to The White Hotel. She is in talks to headline Simon Monjack's (Factory Girl) film about an opera singer in post-World War I Vienna who becomes Sigmund Freud's famous case study Anna G. The cast is booking rooms in Vienna and Prague for spring filming.

I've never been a Brittany Murphy fan (aside from her performance in "Clueless"). This weekend, out of utter boredom, I went to see "Happy Feet" and was so impressed by Gloria's vocals that I stayed until the end of the credits to see who had done the singing. Brittany was the speaking voice, but I was sure someone else had sung for her. The credits didn't show song performances, so looked it up when I got home, and was stunned to find that it was really her. I'd heard she had a good voice, but this chick can SING! Wow. On a side note, I hated the movie, so staying past the credits was painful, so that should give you a clue how good she was.

The PopWatch Interview: Brittany Murphy

PopWatch Blog

December 29, 2006

Posted Image

Trust us when we say that Brittany Murphy looked far prettier last week -- in skin-tight leggings and a red velvet blazer over a Seinfeldian puffy shirt -- than she does in the first scene of her new film, The Dead Girl (pictured), which also stars Toni Collette, Josh Brolin, James Franco and Marcia Gay Harden. (The film opens Friday in limited release and goes wider on Jan. 12.) At a press junket in Manhattan last Monday, Murphy braved an interview with PopWatch after many, many cups of espresso and nearly 9 hours of talking to journalists about her role as -- you guessed it! -- the dead girl. The 29-year-old was surprisingly spunky as she discussed her dark new film, her kid-friendly cartoon work (including Happy Feet), and her personal Must List:

You must be so tired of talking about The Dead Girl. If you could talk about anything right now, what would it be?

I’m really excited about going home [to New Jersey] for the holidays.

Do you have any New Year’s resolutions?

I never really make solid resolutions. I think if there’s something one needs to change with oneself, it doesn’t have to happen in the New Year. You can do that any time you please -- not that it’s not a good inspirational tactic for the people that it works for.

All right, so this is a bad segue, but The Dead Girl. You take on another self-destructive character, which you do so well. How’d the role come about?

I was asked by Karen Moncrieff, our writer-director extraordinaire, to play the role of Krista, who is the dead girl. I was a huge fan of hers from Blue Car, her first film. It was so raw and real and honest. Her cinematic signature is very specific, and I adore it. Anyway, cut to me reading the script, [which] reads like a psychological thriller, especially "The Stranger," the first vignette of five. I realized that the journey really is the destination. I was so engrossed in these characters that were so layered, so richly written that I didn’t care who did it. Or why. Or any of the things that you wonder while reading a psychological thriller. And I felt as if I was a voyeur, sort of walking through a desolate neighborhood looking into different people’s windows.

Which is sort of a tease, you know, just being able to peek in. The vignettes make you want to know more about those people’s stories.

Exactly. Krista definitely hit a soft spot with me.

Watching it, I realized Krista’s favorite word is F---.

It seems as if she definitely uses the F quite often.

Do you have a favorite curse word or phrase?

Dag nabbit.

Dag nabbit?

I’m not going to cuss in print.

We can use asterisks and question marks.

No. I’m taking the high road. Thanks though for the offer

It’s sort of funny that Dead Girl and Happy Feet are going to be out at the same time.

It’s a bit ironic. I’ve been working on Happy Feet for four and a half years. And I love that film. I’ve had the good fortune of being part of films that were pop culturally very effective. Clueless and 8 Mile both really did leak into the mainstream. But Happy Feet is just a transcendent film. It’s refreshing to know that so many people actually went to the theater to see a film that has such beautiful messages, such as embracing one’s own individuality. It’s the most universal film I’ve ever been able to be a part of. It’s for ages 2 to 202!

I haven’t actually seen it yet. I’m waiting to go home and take my nephew, who’s about to be three.

Oh, he’d love it.

I took him to his first movie this year: Cars. It was so cool to witness a child’s first movie theater experience. He was freaked out by the darkness and then wowed when the movie finally came on.

Yes. I agree. I have little nieces and nephews that... they’re three as well, boy and girl twins that were both dancing on their seats as they were watching it. It’s extraordinary. Those are the important things in life.

You’re also going to be the voice of Tinker Bell, which I think is supposed to come out next year?

That’s true, yes. Tink’s an icon, and Disney decided to give her a voice. They thought anyone that left such a lasting impression on people without ever having spoken a word deserved a movie of her own. So she speaks for the first time in history. We’ve already recorded it, and it explores what Tinker Bell’s life was like when she’s not with Peter Pan and the Lost Boys. She lives in a place called Pixie Hollow, and you meet her fairy friends. It’s really fantastic.

Since we’re on the topic, I thought it would be fun to go down memory lane with a little pop culture from our generation. So I’ll give you a couple of pop culture icons and you pick which you like more.

Go for it, babe.

Cinderella, Little Mermaid, Snow White, or Alice in Wonderland?

Alice.

Saved by the Bell or California Dreams?

Uh, pass. Next question. I take the fifth on that one.

Cabbage Patch Kids or Barbie?

Oh jeez, that’s like Sophie’s Choice. [Laughs] Which would you pick?

Cabbage Patch.

I’m going to have to go with Cabbage Patch as well, because it was so new when I was little. It was so exciting and thrilling. But I have to say that Barbie was always so glamorous to me. I found her very glamorous. So I appreciate them both for different reasons. My first cabbage patch kid’s name was Lindsay.

Hmm, I’m a bad parent. I don’t remember the name of mine. But now that I think back, I do remember one of my friends giving me a black eye with one.

No? From a Cabbage Patch Kid? Oh, because they were plastic. Oh, I’m sorry. Ow.

Okay. So Duran Duran or Depeche Mode?

Duran Duran.

Skittles or Starburst?

Um, long-lasting flavor or... I’m not really a big candy eater.

Weren’t you in a Skittles commercial once?

Skittles was the first job I ever had, so I’d have to represent. Skittles.

I’m blanking. Prom. Did you go? What was the most memorable song to dance to?

I was working during my own personal prom so I went to prom with one of my best friends in the world. And his school was very small and they didn’t dance. It was really weird. No one danced.

Hypothetically, what would your song have been?

Does it have to be a slow song? Because we were friends. Um, something by Tony! Toni! Toné! or TLC or En Vogue. [Laughs]

Okay, back to 2006. Do you have a preference over playing one type of a character over another. There’s the voiceovers, then the romantic comedies, then the self-destructive characters.

I don’t. It definitely has more to do with the material. I was at a point in my life where I was in my mid-20s where I realized that I was spending more hours of the day at work. My job at work is to become other people or let them become me, and if I was going to be [somebody else] more hours of the day than I am myself, I thought it would be a lot healthier to be people that were closer to reality.

Which we hope is as far away from Dead Girl as possible.

Exactly. And it is. And as much as I love the gritty characters, I like to play all sorts of characters. I’m an actor. I love to create.

Is there an actress from any sort of time period that you aspire to be or you look to for inspiration?

I love Clara Bow. She was the original "It girl." The phrase was coined for her. It was the 1920s, when any form of naturalistic acting wasn’t seen on screen before. She really cinematically changed things by showing natural emotions within that heightened reality. She was also a sex symbol at the same time. I love Giulietta Masina, who did a lot of Fellini films. She’s brilliant. And Meryl Streep. And Barbra Streisand. I respect multi-taskers so much. Anyone that has a music career and an acting career I think is pretty fantastic.

What’s on your Must List right now?

I love the Beatles' Anthology, Disc 1. It’s so random, but fabulous. And I’ve been listening to a lot of Radiohead lately. I go through phases of all sorts of different things, and I’ll overplay it. Also, an artist that I love that is not very popular is Rose Murphy. Or maybe she is. She was deemed the Betty Boop of jazz in the 1950s, and her music is incredible.

Have you seen any movies lately that you like?

I haven’t seen movies. I’ve been traveling. I was working in Tokyo. Tokyo’s on my must list. I just spent three months there.

What were you there for?

It’s called The Ramen Girl, and I’m producing it. I had a very incredibly rewarding, just amazing experience. It was a lot of hard work. I love producing. My dream as a producer is to be able to build a company that can be a safe haven for artists, for directors and for writers and actors to do what they do best and let them have final edit. I’d like to build something to that effect.

So first you’re The Dead Girl, and now you’re going to be The Ramen Girl. What girl are you going to play next?

It’s very bizarre. I don’t know yet. I’ll make sure it has "Girl" in it.

What ever happened to the Janis Joplin movie?

The music rights were... yeah, that is not happening.

There are so many biopics in the pipeline, and that one’s been trying to get made for like 30 years.

Yes. The closest they’ve come to making it was The Rose. I was so sad. This was 8 years ago. "Break another little piece of my heart..."

Well, I think that’s about it.

Thank you, sweet one.

Go enjoy your night.

Well I have to work. We have a Q&A for Dead Girl.

Just don’t give them anything you gave me.

Oh yeah, I’m sure the Writers Guild of America is definitely going to ask me whether I prefer Barbie or Cabbage Patch Kids.

Not Getting Any Younger And Running Out Of Rich Guys, Brittany Murphy Gets Married

I think the headline says it all. This one actually seems to enjoy spending money on her and can handle her spoiled brattiness far more effectively than her 25 other ex-fiancees. Pre-nuptial? I don't think so. I just don't see her marrying anyone if she had to sign a pre-nup. I'm sure the marriage will last forever, or until she sees a new dog in the window. Brittany has gone from this funny, comedic sweetheart who was always fairly nice to everyone to a spoiled brat who only thinks about what's in it for her. The transformation hasn't been good for her.

crazydaysandnights

Brittany Murphy Gets Married All Secret-Like

Filed under: Brittany Murphy , Wedding

Posted Image

A little over eight months after ending her engagement to someone else, Brittany Murphy has tied the knot. The actress wed to screenwriter Simon Monjack, with whom she was spotted over the weekend at the Kentucky Derby. Both of them were sporting wedding rings, but were trying to keep it on the DL, according to a source that tipped off UsMagazine.com.

"[Murphy and Montjack] were drinking Crown Royal, and [they] didn't want photographers to take pictures of their rings because they were waiting to make a formal announcement on Monday."

The source adds, "They were dancing in the V.I.P. section and around DJ Reach's booth. They looked very excited, happy and jovial."

Although this is Brittany's first marriage, it is her third engagement. I guess practice makes perfect, but I guess it's better than having a slew of divorces behind her. I'd have such a problem giving the rings back, though. I'm so Gollum.

Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Posted by: Lisa Timmons

http://socialitelife.com/2007/05/07/britta..._secretlike.php