Maxiemom

Lindsay Lohan still broke and a mess

Maybe she figured out she made a bad move :D

TMZ

Lindsay Lohan is telling friends ... she never authorized her New York lawyer to fire Shawn Holley and never instructed him to send her a letter of termination ... but there's one BIG problem with her story.

Sources connected with attorney Mark Heller tell TMZ ... Lindsay SIGNED the letter he sent to Holley earlier today, giving her the boot.

TMZ broke the story ... Holley was 86'd just before a scheduled meeting with the judge and prosecutor in Lindsay's lying-to-cops case, trying to plea bargain it away.

Lindsay is now telling friends ... she desperately wants Shawn back on board. She's saying she thinks of Shawn as a second mother -- interesting, considering she barely has a first.

Lindsay says she knows Shawn is an ace in court and she would never drop her the day before she's scheduled to go to court. As you know, the judge set a hearing tomorrow to decide if Lindsay violated her probation in the jewelry heist case by allegedly lying to cops in the car accident case. Again ... Lindsay signed that letter.

Lindsay says she's instructed Heller to send Shawn another letter cancelling the first.

As for whether Shawn will take her back ...

Stay tuned ...

Wonder if Holley was pressuring Lohan to pay her bill for her services? She must owe her a fortune.

Over $300k is what Radar Online is reporting.

Can Heller represent Lohan in California if he's from New York?

I should point out I don't kown how law licenses work or if you can ones from other states. I assume they're like driver's licenses. You can only get one form 1 state.

Can Heller represent Lohan in California if he's from New York?

I should point out I don't kown how law licenses work or if you can ones from other states. I assume they're like driver's licenses. You can only get one form 1 state.

Many states have reciprocity re: license to practice law but I don't specifically know about NY & CA. NY is one of the hardest bars to pass (I hear from my lawyer friends - some of whom have passed it along with others) so it makes sense that NY would be more generally accepted in other states, but we all know laws & licensing aren't logical ;-)

TMZ

Lindsay Lohan should kiss Shawn Holley's butt ... because Shawn just saved hers by claiming to rep her even though Lindsay unceremoniously fired Shawn.

As we told you ... Lindsay signed a termination letter Monday which her new lawyer Mark Heller sent to Shawn. But Heller -- a New York lawyer -- is not licensed to practice in California and did not appear in court today for Lindsay's arraignment. If Shawn told the judge she was fired and formally asked to be relieved, the judge could have and probably would have issued a bench warrant for Lindsay's arrest.

Shawn dodged the issue in open court by saying she still reps LiLo for now, which is technically true until she is formally dismissed by the judge. A confused judge then clearly called Shawn and the prosecutor up to the bench and asked WTF.

Here's where it gets totally ridiculous. Sources tell us Lindsay told Shawn yesterday that she was going to have Heller send Shawn another letter cancelling the first, but we're told that never happened. And sources connected with Heller tell TMZ ... Mr. Heller was busy Monday placing calls to Shawn, the prosecutor and the court to make it clear he's the lawyer.

Since it's not clear who is representing Lindsay anymore, the judge ordered her to personally appear on January 30, even though ordinarily the matter could be handled without her being present.

In the meantime ... if Lindsay asked Shawn to come back (and this would be the second time because Lindsay pulled this stunt on her before), Holley should run for the hills.

According to other sites, Mark Heller had his license suspended for 5 years in NYC . He is now repping Lindsey at no cost, he just wants the publicity.

Lindsay Lohan’s New Attorney Had Law License Suspended For 5 Years, Professional Misconduct

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 @ 16:19PM | By Amber Goodhand, News Editor

http://radaronline.com

In a shocking move, Lindsay Lohan fired her long-time attorney Shawn Holley in favor of New York-based lawyer Mark Heller, and RadarOnline.com has learned he has a shady past — including “professional misconduct” that resulted in a suspension of his license to practice law.

Just moments after the perpetually arrested Lohan fired Shawn, RadarOnline.com exclusively reported the Mean Girls star hadn’t made a payment to her attorney in sixth months and owes more than $300,000 in legal fees, according to a source close to the situation.

Meanwhile, Mark — who was also Jon Gosselin‘s divorce attorney — had a lengthy investigation around him in 1993 after he was charged with an astonishing 38 violations of department rules regarding conduct, RadarOnline.com was first to report.

On February 8, 1994, Mark was suspended by the Supreme Court of New York, Appellate Division, from practicing law for a period of five years.

According to court documents, there was “a pattern of misconduct involving misrepresentation, deceit, abusive treatment of clients, fee gouging, neglect and willful failure to return unearned retainers to his clients.”

Mark’s violations involved 12 separate clients and he was found guilty of 18 violations in total.

Lindsay is currently on probation for stealing a necklace from a Venice jewelry store and will be back in court on Tuesday, January 15 to be arraigned on her latest charges.

The actress is required to be in court for the arraignment, at which time she will be required to enter a single plea. A date will also be set for a probation violation hearing, and if Lindsay is found to be guilty, she could face up to six months in jail.

Between Lindsay and her now full-time attorney, Mark, the two have quite the rap sheet!

Shawn to Lindsay: I'm Done With You!

Shawn Holley is saying goodbye to Lindsay Lohan for good, even though Lindsay has begged her to come back on board as her lawyer ... TMZ has learned.

Sources connected with the case tell us ... Holley is in the process of filling out paperwork and getting the necessary signatures to officially withdraw from the case ... before Lindsay's hearing on January 30.

TMZ broke the story .... Lindsay fired Holley last week as she was on her way to the courthouse to discuss plea bargaining her lying-to-cops case. Lindsay hired Mark Heller, a New York lawyer who is not licensed to practice in California.

Sources close to Lindsay tell TMZ ... Lindsay has told Holley she made a mistake firing her and wants her back, but Holley has had it with Lohan -- who still owes her a ton of money.

We're guessing Holley will never see her money, but Lindsay may have lost a lot more.

TMZ

LINDSAY LOHAN SCARED STIFF Going to Court

It's a good thing Lindsay Lohan looks at TMZ ... because we're told our story that she may be arrested has scared the crap out of her, and she's making plans to fly to L.A. tonight.

We broke the story ... Lindsay's new lawyer, Mark Heller, notified the court Tuesday that Lindsay would not appear as ordered on Wednesday because she had an upper respiratory infection. Problem is, the very day she got a doctor's note saying she was unfit to fly, she was shopping up a storm in SoHo, and we got the pictures to prove it.

So we're told Lindsay and Dina have booked a flight to L.A. that's supposed to take off in an hour.

And get this ... we're also told Lindsay has been "begging " Shawn Holley to take her back as a client. As we reported, Lindsay sent Shawn a letter firing her and even signed legal docs having Shawn removed as counsel

We're told Lindsay and her peeps are now pleading with Shawn to come back. Lindsay is crying that she can't stand Heller and wants it the way it was ... problem is, Lindsay already made her bed and as we already reported, Holley is over Lindsay for good.

TMZ could not reach Holley for comment.

Will Lindsay make it to court? Will the judge grill LiLo like a cheeseburger over her "upper respiratory infection?" Will Heller get shut down by the judge?

We'll be livestreaming at 8:30 AM PT Wednesday, so stay tuned.

TMZ

I'm not sure I can follow this bloody story anymore. I don't understand a legal system that continually lets this trash bitch out on the streets. I think it is literally going to take her killing someone to make a difference. Un-friggin believable.

I'm not sure I can follow this bloody story anymore. I don't understand a legal system that continually lets this trash bitch out on the streets. I think it is literally going to take her killing someone to make a difference. Un-friggin believable.

I agree, I was almost not going to even post the story. My allegiance to fanchitchat won out. But still, even seeing her name makes my blood pressure rise.

I agree, I was almost not going to even post the story. My allegiance to fanchitchat won out. But still, even seeing her name makes my blood pressure rise.

California prisons and jails are overcrowded. Between keeping drug dealers, robbers, etc. or party girls in jail, the party girl is going to be let out every time.

Other "criminals" get the same treatment, you just hear about people geting out with ridculously short sentences (or none at all) more (obviously - duh!) when it a celebrity is involved.

Not saying that she would probably benefit from being "scared straight" just saying it probably won't happen. :censored:

Lindsay Lohan

Outrageous Letter to Prosecutor 'We Can Fix Her'

TMZ

n one of the most inappropriate moves in memory ... Lindsay Lohan's new lawyer tried to get the judge in her criminal case to read a letter in which he claims he and the prosecutor are working as a team to "fix" Lindsay.

TMZ broke the story ... attorney Mark Heller attached a letter he wrote to the Santa Monica and L.A. City Attorneys to legal docs he filed with the court. Sources connected with the prosecution tell us the letter pissed the judge off because it looks like an attempt to improperly influence the court.

In the letter, Heller writes to prosecutors Terry White and Spencer Hart ... "... we, as a team, [can] help 'fix' Lindsay Lohan."

Heller goes on to blame Lindsay's troubles on her dysfunctional family, claiming you can't judge her "without considering the pain, torment and confusion which Lindsay has experienced and has been afflicted with."

Heller tries to steer the prosecutor -- and realistically the judge as well -- away from jail time, saying, "Lindsay will gladly be participating in intensive psychotherapy, submitting herself to regular screenings and contributing her time to the production of public service messages." He also offers up Lindsay to speak at schools, hospitals and other venues "where she may provide inspirational talks."

And get this ... Heller says he's exploring the creation of a Lindsay Lohan foundation that will provide a non-profit program to benefit young people.

Heller doesn't say how it will be funded.

he claims he and the prosecutor are working as a team to "fix" Lindsay.

This statement goes to show how clueless he is about how addiction works.

Heller tries to steer the prosecutor -- and realistically the judge as well -- away from jail time, saying, "Lindsay will gladly be participating in intensive psychotherapy, submitting herself to regular screenings and contributing her time to the production of public service messages." He also offers up Lindsay to speak at schools, hospitals and other venues "where she may provide inspirational talks."

Because that's worked so well in the past for her....

:rolleyes:

I think (ironically) that Lindsey hiring this fool of a lawyer is what is going to end up getting her jail time.

Speaking as an attorney, Lindsay hasn't left him very many options to get her out of this mess. So he is just flinging shit against the wall and hoping something sticks. Also, it could not have been easy for her to get an attorney. All of the good ones would have stayed far far away. Especially, since she has a history of not being able to pay her legal bills. Only someone that is a sleazeball or trying to make a name for him/herself would take her case. I don't know where this guy falls on the spectrum, but let's just say that its not all that surprising that she has a shitty defense.

Edited by Silliness

Speaking as an attorney, Lindsay hasn't left him very many options to get her out of this mess. So he is just flinging shit against the wall and hoping something sticks. Also, it could not have been easy for her to get an attorney. All of the good ones would have stayed far far away. Especially, since she has a history of not being able to pay her legal bills. Only someone that is a sleazeball or trying to make a name for him/herself would take her case. I don't know where this guy falls on the spectrum, but let's just say that its not all that surprising that she has a shitty defense.

Could not agree more about using the shotgun approach hoping something sticks (although I think your "flinging shit against the wall" is a bit more on the mark in this case :D), although I am surprised he appears to be doing thing that would intentionally piss off a judge.... Why oh why did Lindsay fire whats-her-name??? It sure sounded like she didn't quit, she was fired....

I think her old lawyer asked her to pay her bills, this guy offered to represent her for free (I'm not crazy, I could swear I read that) and she basically called the bluff of the old lawyer, thinking it must be an honor to represent her. Wake up call number 1.