princess

Owen Wilson

Wow. How tragic. I will certainly keep him in my prayers. I just don't get it - what in heaven's name could possibly be so bad to seriously contemplate off'ing oneself? I mean no disrespect, and I truly hope he is okay and can successfully receive the help he needs. I hope that I never reach such a hopeless, dark, desolate, emotionally isolated corner of Hell. We all go through "things" - I have overcome addictions, abuse on EVERY level (physical, emotional, sexual and verbal), the sudden death of my husband when I was a young mother with two small children, poverty, NEAR homelessnss - you name it, I've been there, but I guess I was fortunate to never feel so desperate and alone. Very sad. I wish him the best.

Edited by tmn9761

He might be addicted to meth. Unfortunately, I have seen some good people attempt suicide off of meth. That is a horrible drug that can depress addicts emotions bad enough to make them try and harm themselves. I personally saved a good friend who did this. I hope he gets the help that he is so desperately calling for.

I guess I'm too old and too far removed from things to know much about meth, but I do know that substance abuse (including booze) can make exceptionally good people do exceptionally terrible things. I think he is a gifted, talented actor, and for whatever reason, this bothers me more than it should. I don't 'know" him but this really pulls at my heart. It's very unsettling. I can only imagine how his parents, siblings and loved ones must feel. I hope this serves as a wakeup call, and that maybe some good can come from it.

He might be addicted to meth. Unfortunately, I have seen some good people attempt suicide off of meth. That is a horrible drug that can depress addicts emotions bad enough to make them try and harm themselves. I personally saved a good friend who did this. I hope he gets the help that he is so desperately calling for.

Yeah - meth came along after my time so I don't know much about it. What I've seen from a distance, I dislike intensely. Sure, I guess you can fuck for 12 hours straight but if you literally go insane was that ass really worth it?

Seriously, if low-life scum can cook it in their garages, it's not that great a drug. It's so crazy to use it in Hollywood, where all you have to do is go to a diet doctor and get your speed prescribed - all nice and clean. Speed that won't make you crazy - well, at least not meth-crazy.

Really. What ever happened to the good old days when you could go to a concert, score some Black Beauties or Reds in the john, smoke a doobie or two and that was that. And THAT was a good time! Glad I'm an "Old F*ck" now!

Oh - and don't forget the Boonesfarm Strawberry! LOL

Edited by tmn9761

Owen Wilson Tried To Off Himself?!

I didn't see this one coming. The National Enquirer reports that Owen Wilson tried to kill himself today! Sources say that Owen slit his wrists and took a bunch of pills. He was rushed to St. John’s hospital in Santa Monica by ambulance. He was found by a family member around noon.

When he was brought to the hospital, Owen was said to be in critical condition. His lawyer arrived at the hospital almost immediately.

His wrists were bandaged and he's said to be in stable condition.

TMZ reports that Owen was rushed to the hospital, but they don't say anything about suicide or drugs or anything.

Owen Wilson?! Maybe Kate Hudson dumped him or something. I always thought he was this happy-go-lucky surfer type that was all about love and flowers. Weird!

Whatever it is Owen, it's not worth it! Especially Kate! Everything will be alright or something.

How sad, hopefully he'll get the help he needs. Hollywood isn't really known for being a good place to clean up or heal though.

It may not have anything to do with drugs. Or, perhaps he parties to cover up a massive depression. Regardless, Hollywood is a very lonely, soul sucking place - and, as they say, it is lonely at the top. Many people who have a very serious depression- to the point of suicide- give the appearance of being okay. Comedians seem especially prone to this - mask the pain with laughter. Richard Jeni is a recent example of this. Owen is not one of the ones who courts the tabloids, and that makes me sad for him that this will garner so many headlines. It's part of the business, but he's a brilliant mind and obviously is going through a very difficult time, regardless of the cause. Can you imagine having so much private pain that you've actively tried to hide that you'd want to end your life - and then the embarrasment of having it all made public? I hope that he does the healing and soul searching that he obviously needs to do. I've always liked him a lot.

When I read about this, I couldn't help but think of one of my favorite movies - The Royal Tennenbaums - which Owen co-wrote. The character, Richie, attempts suicide by slicing his wrists. It makes you wonder how much of Owen was in that part.

I'm usually all for speculating, but this... this is just too personal and private, imho- at least for me. My prayers are with you and your family, Owen.

Don't mean to harsh on a dude if he did indeed try to off himself. If that's true, it's terrible, and I feel for him and his family. HOWEVER, I have to wonder if it's what happened. If he's got a dreadful drug problem, maybe his people thought it would garner more empathy to say he tried to commit suicide that to say the usual: exhaustion. Just sayin...

maybe his people thought it would garner more empathy to say he tried to commit suicide that to say the usual: exhaustion. Just sayin...

and I thought I was cynical.

Owen Wilson Issues a Statement

Posted Aug 27th 2007 1:41PM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: Celebrity Justice

TMZ has obtained the following statement from Owen Wilson:

"I respectfully ask that the media allow me to receive care and heal in private during this difficult time."

Notice he does not deny the suicide attempt and/or overdose stories that are rampant right now...

Owen Wilson Asks for Privacy During "Difficult Time"

Monday August 27, 2007

Owen Wilson, who was hospitalized on Sunday for undisclosed reasons, has issued a statement. The 38-year-old actor says, "I respectfully ask that the media allow me to receive care and heal in private during this difficult time."

Wilson's family members, including brothers Luke, 35, and Andrew, 43, were spotted leaving the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles late Sunday night. The Santa Monica Police issued a statement of their own, saying, "At 12:10 PM, officers from the Santa Monica Police Department responded to assist the Santa Monica Fire Department paramedics with a medical aid call in the 900 block of 23rd Street."

Wilson will appear in the upcoming release The Darjeeling Limited, and recently signed on to star opposite Jennifer Aniston in the film adaptation of bestselling book Marley & Me.

Owen Wilson Asks for Privacy During "Difficult Time"

Monday August 27, 2007

Owen Wilson, who was hospitalized on Sunday for undisclosed reasons, has issued a statement. The 38-year-old actor says, "I respectfully ask that the media allow me to receive care and heal in private during this difficult time."

Wilson's family members, including brothers Luke, 35, and Andrew, 43, were spotted leaving the Cedars-Sinai Medical Center in Los Angeles late Sunday night. The Santa Monica Police issued a statement of their own, saying, "At 12:10 PM, officers from the Santa Monica Police Department responded to assist the Santa Monica Fire Department paramedics with a medical aid call in the 900 block of 23rd Street."

Wilson will appear in the upcoming release The Darjeeling Limited, and recently signed on to star opposite Jennifer Aniston in the film adaptation of bestselling book Marley & Me.

Maybe he got career suicide & plain old suicide mixed up.

badtacobadbadBADgirl!

If it was an attempted suicide, might explain why there were cops at the hospital, it's still a crime to try to kill yourself and the cops must be called in these situations (at least in most states). This is a celebrity and

California, however. General rules do not apply!

Edited by cr8zn2004

badtacobadbadBADgirl!

Oh no... that's GOOD Taco, really, really good. :D

On a different note - With bandaged wrists coming out of the ambulance having been spotted - I don't think the suicide part is PR manipulation. He really tried to off himself, which is fine by me. Weird, but fine. If someone wants to kill themselves, that's up to them. They can go right ahead and do it as far as I'm concerned and I don't blame them a bit. Life is hell.

badtacobadbadBADgirl!

On a different note - With bandaged wrists coming out of the ambulance having been spotted - I don't think the suicide part is PR manipulation. He really tried to off himself, which is fine by me. Weird, but fine. If someone wants to kill themselves, that's up to them. They can go right ahead and do it as far as I'm concerned and I don't blame them a bit. Life is hell.

Oh, Hedda, you managed to make me feel sad. Life is hell but offing himself is so not the answer. He is young, handsome and at the very least, seems to have two loving brothers. Alot more than most folks have.

Edited by Bette Davis

^ makes me wonder what the heck went wrong. Personally I am shocked but I am also the same naive perosn that when Nicole Richie got caught with herion I was shocked (go figure). However like you said he seems to have things pretty set. SOME consider him handsome, he seems happy go lucky and he seems to be well off (his movies make money right)... you know just weird...Very sad for his family.

badtacobadbadBADgirl!

Oh, Hedda, you managed to make me feel sad. Life is hell but offing himself is so not the answer. He is young, handsome and at the very least, seems to have two loving brothers. Alot more than most folks have.

I'm sorry you're sad but I don't think it's a lot more than most folks have. I think it's pretty average. Suicide isn't about what you have or don't have or whether or not anyone loves you - it's about how you feel. A lot of people live unhappy lives, unfulfilled, uninspired, unloving, etc. They aren't enjoying the experience and I can't say I blame them, really.

I don't think it's useful or helpful to do a lot of handwringing about it on their behalf. If someone is truly done here and they're ready to move on, I think they should go to it and good luck on the other side, if there is another side. Luke Wilson doesn't have more reasons to live than you or I do. His life is not more valuable or worthwhile because he's famous and has a few bucks. I actually think he's talented as well, but it's okay with me if he wants to die. Really, it's a very personal choice and everybody gets to make it for themselves.

Having said that - most people who are suicidal should probably consult a shrink first, just to be sure they aren't temporarily depressed.