princess

Ashlee Simpson

The baby is going to be jacked up...having Ashlee's old nose and even if it wears mascara like dear old "Dad" does. :blink:

http://www.laineygossip.com/

And Pete Wentz says Ashlee Simpson isn’t expecting anything… except desperate publicity for her album and her new line of clothing. Since news of their engagement barely stirred, how sad they had to pull out the baby hoax. And then vehemently call it a baby witch hunt... but STILL nobody cared!

Sit DOWN Pete Wentz.

GONE BABY GONE

Page Six

April 15, 2008 -- Oh, baby - not. Rocker Pete Wentz denied reports that fiancee Ashlee Simpson is preggers, according to a story on MTV.com. Both Us and OK! magazines had stories on the pregnancy, even reporting she was due in October. The Fall Out Boy bassist fired off an e-mail to MTV News saying: "There is a witch hunt for people to be pregnant whenever they get engaged in Hollywood . . I mean we're engaged, that's true, and happy about it." In a separate e-mail, MTV News said it asked Wentz if he was denying reports of Simpson's pregnancy. He answered: "Yeah."

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20191531,00.html

Ashlee Simpson Tapes TRL in New York

Originally posted Tuesday April 15, 2008 12:10 PM EDT

Ashlee Simpson

Photo by: Lester Cohen / WireImage

Ashlee Simpson briefly addressed pregnancy rumors Tuesday during a taping of MTV's TRL in New York.

A source at the taping says Simpson dodged the pregnancy question, saying that if all the rumors about her were true, she "would have had a baby by now."

This marks Simpson's first public appearance since announcing she and Pete Wentz, 28, got engaged last week. The show will air Thursday.

Just before performing her song "Little Miss Obsessive," Simpson took a question from a female fan, who asked the singer to show off her new engagement ring. Simpson, dressed in a black cardigan, white ruffled shirt and tight denim skirt, happily flashed her diamond eternity band.

Simpson, 23, is promoting her new album Bittersweet World, due out April 22. She is also scheduled to perform on the Today show Friday.

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20191531,00.html

Ashlee Simpson Calls Pregnancy Question "Inappropriate"

Tuesday April 15, 2008

Ashlee Simpson refused to answer questions about her pregnancy Tuesday on MTV’s TRL.

"I just think it's an inappropriate question to ask any woman,” she said.

“For me, that's something that I didn't ever want to respond to, because I think it's an inappropriate question," Simpson said.

"Some things, you want to keep personal," she added, "and I think that when people deny [reports], it's probably because it's something they want to keep personal."

Usmagazine.com was the first to report Monday that the singer, 23, and her new fiancé, Fall Out Boy’s Pete Wentz, were expecting their first child.

(After the news broke, Wentz told MTV News, "There is a witch hunt for people to be pregnant whenever they get engaged in Hollywood ... I mean really, this is crazy.)

Simpson was equally mum when it came to her recent engagement.

“That's all so sacred, I need to keep that to myself," she said. "But he did a great job at picking out the ring," which she said is being resized.

She said she and Wentz decided to announce their engagement themselves because “it was important for us.

"There was a story coming out and people ... always write untrue thin

^^ I agree, how many times a day do we need to hear about her being pregnant or not? I think she needs the publicity for her new album and nobody cared that she got engaged so now we get these rumors.

Source: Ashlee Simpson Pregnant, Planning Wedding for May

Originally posted Tuesday April 15, 2008 07:20 PM EDT

Ashlee Simpson is pregnant and plans to get married next month at a private residence in Southern California, a source close to her family tells PEOPLE.

Simpson, 23, is engaged to Fall Out Boy bassist Pete Wentz, 28, who initially blasted pregnancy rumors as a "witch hunt."

But on Tuesday, Simpson, sidestepped the rumors during an interview with MTV after taping TRL in New York, saying simply, "Some things you want to keep personal."

And now the source tells PEOPLE that not only is Simpson pregnant, but that she's planning to have her wedding in May at a friend's house in La Jolla, Calif., north of San Diego.

^^ I agree, how many times a day do we need to hear about her being pregnant or not? I think she needs the publicity for her new album and nobody cared that she got engaged so now we get these rumors.

I agree, but then I think the entire Ashlee/Pete relationship is a big publicity wank. Don't buy it for a moment, never did.

I agree, but then I think the entire Ashlee/Pete relationship is a big publicity wank. Don't buy it for a moment, never did.

That's interesting. I don't totally buy it either. I mean they look good together, but there's just something so publicity-hungry about the whole Simpsons thing it makes you wonder if it's just convinient for both parties right now.

I agree it's inappropriate to ask a woman if she's pregnant. Or even if she's planning to have kids....But it's really is her own damn fault <_<

OK! Exclusive: Ashlee's Baby Bump Revealed!

Posted Image

While Ashlee Simpson and her fiancé Pete Wentz are doing everything they can to sidestep the truth that they're expecting their first child together this fall, recent pictures of the bride-to-be make it pretty clear that the little sis of Jessica Simpson has a little Fall Out Baby on board.

Photographed outside the Chart House Restaurant in Malibu, Calif., on April 12, where sources tell OK! that Ashlee did her best to power through a bout of morning sickness, the 23-year-old appears to already be showing the first signs of a baby bump! And with insiders saying that the first Wentz-Simpson offspring is due in October, that would mean the singer is nearing the end of her first trimester.

Posted Image

Meanwhile, the Simpson family sources also tell OK! that Ashlee's baby news is not sitting well with her big sister. "Jessica never imagined that her tom-boy younger sister would have a baby first," the insider explains. "It would be very hard for her not to be jealous."

Friends say Jess has longed for a baby for years and has said on numerous occasions that she can't wait to be a mom. But following her very public divorce from ex Nick Lachey that dream was put on hold.

"Jessica couldn't be happier for her sister but still can't help feeling jealous," the source tells OK!. "She'd love to be planning a wedding with a baby on the way."

Jessica Simpson reportedly jealous of Ashlee

The Scoop

In the days since news of Ashlee Simpson’s possible pregnancy broke, Simpson and her fiancé, Pete Wentz, have issued responses that have sometimes sounded like denials and sometimes just seem cagey. Since their reps have yet to issue a firm “no” on the matter, many outlets are standing by their sources and their story, that the 23-year-old pop star is indeed expecting.

OK! is one of those outlets, and the magazine reports that older sister Jessica is happy for Ashlee, but is having a tough time with the news. “Jessica Simpson has yearned for a baby for years. She’s told friends that she can’t wait to be a mom and has even joked that if she has to, she’ll resort to making her hairstylist pal Ken Paves the adoptive daddy,” the magazine reports.

“Jessica never imagined that her tomboy younger sister would have a baby first,” a source close to Jess told OK! “It would be very hard for her not to be jealous.”

A source close to Ashley concurs: “Jessica couldn’t be happier for her sister but still can’t help feeling jealous. She’d love to be planning a wedding with a baby on the way.”

ASHLEE PHOTO PITCH LOW-BALLED

Page Six

April 17, 2008 -- THE Simpson sisters' dad-ager, Joe Simpson, is trying to cash in on the baby-crazed trend in celebrity magazines - but he's having a difficult time.

A magazine source said, "Joe is contacting all the weeklies and asking them to pony up $1 million to put Ashlee on the cover." The news broke this week that Jessica's younger sibling is pregnant with her now-fiancée Pete Wentz's child - a claim Wentz has backed off denying.

"The deal would include photos of Ashlee - taken by Joe, of course, so he can make more money - an interview and photos of the baby when she has it," our source said.

Sadly, there is some interest - but not for anything close to $1 million.

One magazine editor said the pictures would fetch "$60,000 maybe - but definitely not a million. The timing is a little suspicious. Her album ['Bittersweet World'] is dropping next week, and there was little to no interest until now. Ashlee's lucky she got pregnant, frankly."

But even with the marriage announcement, "Joe has an unrealistic expectation of what Ashlee can command," the editor said.

Ashlee's shotgun wedding to Wentz is expected to take place before summer. Her rep declined to comment.

A source told OK! magazine, "They're planning on something in the Santa Barbara area probably by the end of May . . . Jessica will be the maid of honor."

Ashlee is said to be eyeing a Vera Wang dress and will likely wear a ring designed by Wentz.

This wouldn't be the first time Joe has mucked things up for his daughters. During Jessica's visit to Africa with the Operation Smile charity two years ago, he insisted on being the only one to take pictures of her, despite having a professional photographer along on the trip - thus making himself the only one to collect the cash when he sold the photos to People magazine.

Joe also undercut Jessica when she did a deal for the launch issue of OK! At the time, it was reported Jessica got a mere $250,000 for the spread - despite Sean Combs getting more than $1 million several weeks later.

THE HAPPY FAMILY

Mom-to-be Ashlee Simpson and fiancé Pete Wentz are aglow in New York City as Ashlee shows off her new engagement ring, while her Fall Out Boy beau rests his hand near her tummy. A source close to the Simpson family told PEOPLE this weekend that the pair are planning to marry in La Jolla, Calif., in May.

Posted Image

Ashlee Simpson's New CD Draws Mixed Reactions

At its best, Ashlee Simpson's much-hyped new album Bittersweet World – released Tuesday – is "catchy" and "sweet" to the critics' ears, while PEOPLE calls it "shockingly good" and gives it three-and-a-half stars out of four.

At its worst, some reviewers go so far as to say it will make you vomit (says the Las Vegas Review-Journal), or else lament the absence of Simpson's Fall Out fiancé Peter Wentz, describing the songs as "very, very empty," says The Washington Post.

Most reviews of Simpson's third album are mixed.

The Waco native, 23, earns a fair share of Texas-sized praise from the Houston Chronicle, which awarded Bittersweet World three stars out of four.

Calling the work "sweet," the paper also notes the difficulty of being a Simpson, what with big sister Jessica "still trying to recover from the tanking of her film Blonde Ambition and dating disasters. Ashlee, meanwhile, has been morphing between musical styles, hair colors, alleged noses and, until recently, boyfriends."

Still, the album "plays like the solo record Gwen Stefani has been trying to make for years."

Another paper in the Lone Star State, the Dallas Morning News, finds Simpson "more listenable than ever," but the album "seductively inauthentic."

No-Fault Fame

Equally mixed is the reaction of USA Today, which, in its two-star (out of four) review, says Simpson "channels Debbie Harry, Madonna and Toni Basil about as well as any girl who could afford the help. But if someone with so little perceptible personality or presence can sustain the media's rapt attention, whose fault is that – hers or ours?"

Hardly any kinder, the Baltimore Sun accuses Simpson of being stuck in a time warp, and likens some of her singles to Madonna's or Cyndi Lauper's in 1983, Christina Aguilera's in 1995 and even Pink's in 1998. "What Simpson really needs," says the Sun, is a calendar."

Then again, suggests New York's Daily News, bestowing three stars (out of five) on the release, "You won't be able to get a song like 'Outta My Head outta yours" – while The New York Times sums up Bittersweet World by observing, "It couldn't be more calculated, but that doesn't prevent it from being catchy, too."

Source :People

Ashlee Simpson's Bikini Secrets!

So is she or isn't she? ASHLEE SIMPSON is playing coy about those pregnancy rumors, but the singer is showing super-flat abs in a red-hot bikini on the cover of the new Shape magazine, on stands May 5th. Inside, she talks about her new exercise and diet routine.

"I never thought I'd be on the cover of a magazine in a bikini," the 23-year-old singer tells the mag, but says she couldn't say no after working out two to three times a week with celebrity trainer MICHAEL ALEXANDER. She also sticks to a diet of yogurt and granola for breakfast, turkey or veggie wraps for lunch and lean proteins like fish and chicken for dinner.

"I try to listen to what my body craves," she tells the mag. "Sometime it tells me to eat more fruit, but sometimes it tells me to eat Skittles!"

For more details on her routine, pick up the new issue of Shape!

Go here for more details, too: http://www.shape.com/celebrity_workout/workouts/7934

Source: etonline.com

Ashlee Simpson Dodges Pregnancy Questions – Again

People

By Kate Stroup

Posted Image

Ashlee Simpson is keeping coy when it comes to those persistent pregnancy rumors.

The 23-year-old singer – who's newly engaged to Fall Out Boy's Pete Wentz – tried her best to avoid answering the million-dollar question during her appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show. (The episode is set to air Thursday.)

When asked directly, "Are you or are you not pregnant?" Simpson demurred: "Well, that has been going on for quite a while. That is something that I choose personally not to discuss."

She then skillfully changed the subject. "Do I look like I had 10 cheeseburgers or something?" she asked the audience, standing up to show her still-slim figure. "Because I don't think I do."

The dogged DeGeneres then asked Simpson to promise that if she is pregnant, she doesn't keep fans in suspense as long as Jennifer Lopez did.

"I swear," Simpson responded. "I promise you that. I give you my pinky on that." (The two then shared a quick pinky-swear.)

DeGeneres gave it one last shot, asking quickly, "Is it a boy or a girl?" But Simpson could not be tempted.

"Ah," she said with a laugh. "You're funny."

SO whats the verdict... is she or isn't she.... any opinions??

I'm more in the camp of who cares :) Seriously, it's Assley Simpson. If she is knocked up it's just one more terrible mother who will pimp her child for fame. And if she isn't then she is loving the speculation because it keeps people talking.

SO whats the verdict... is she or isn't she.... any opinions??

I'm more in the camp of who cares :) Seriously, it's Assley Simpson. If she is knocked up it's just one more terrible mother who will pimp her child for fame. And if she isn't then she is loving the speculation because it keeps people talking.

Word.