princess

Matthew McConaughey

Wait a second? So men do have "bongos" to play with? :huh:

Regarding the ladies...it's very fun to play the "bongos" with. ;)

ahem, I think Hoya meant that McM would want to play with your blue bongos instead of her ipink ones. ;)

World Exclusive: Matthew & Camila's Baby Boy!

Posted Image

For Matthew McConaughey and his longtime love Camila Alves, welcoming their first son Levi Alves McConaughey on July 7 was typical of the way the couple handles everything in their lives: easy-going and as a team.

And now, in an exclusive interview and photoshoot, the 38-year-old actor opens up about becoming a father for the first time.

"We found a great rhythm," Matthew tells OK! about the delivery of baby Levi. "Contractions started kicking in. I sat there with her, right between her legs. We got tribal on it, we danced to it! I was DJ-ing this Brazilian music."

Levi was born at Santa Monica-UCLA Medical Center and weighed a healthy 7 lbs., 4 oz., and Matthew tells OK! he kept a detailed diary of his and Camila's hospital experience.

"I have it all chronicled," he explained. "Becoming a dad is something I've dreamed of doing since I was 10. Becoming a father felt very, very natural. We were jamming! She was sweating. No painkiller, let's go. She just clicked into that gear that only a woman has at a time like this. We'd been up for 40-something hours, and we went from dead tired to a really steadfast, 'Let's handle this… let's stay in the rhythm. Don't let the contraction be more than you.'"

Camila, 25, wanted a natural birth and chose not to have an epidural. But in the end, Matthew told OK! it came down to what was safest for both mom and baby.

"We ended up having an epidural because, on the large contractions, the umbilical cord was being compressed. They went in and tried the vacuum. This is where I learned — and no one tells you this — but having a baby is a bloody, pukey, sweaty, primeval thing! And I mean that as a beautiful thing. It is wild. But the vacuum didn't work, and the doctor said, 'C-section.'

The Texas-born actor says he cut the umbilical cord in "one snip" and got to hold his son for the first 15 minutes while doctors worked on Camila. Both he and the Brazilian beauty — who waited to know the sex of their baby — say they were not surprised to find out they had a boy.

"I said, 'Come here, little man. I saw the pecker and screamed that we'd been right all along about him being a boy. Then I brought him over to her [Camila],' Matthew said.

"It was neat to find out what the sex was because we didn't have the doctor tell us beforehand," Camila agrees.

So who does little Levi look more like? "Everybody thinks he looks like me because of the hair and skin tone," Camila says. "I think he looks more like Matthew every day."

Matthew adds, "I've pulled out some baby pictures of myself, and the resemblance is amazing. This kid has a lot to learn from us. I want him to come out being a little wiser, a little cooler and a little happier than we are."

"Contractions started kicking in. I sat there with her, right between her legs. We got tribal on it, we danced to it! I was DJ-ing this Brazilian music." :blink:

The last place I would want my husband to be is between my legs, playing tribal music no less. I guess everyone's version of a peaceful birth is different. Wonder what the Scientologists would say about this...

if my partner had tried to get me to dance when I was in labor I would have screamed at him to get out. An I agree him being between my legs at that time is the last place I want him to be !! This is crazy. How come celeberities never seem to have pain or a normal birth. Its always like " oh it just slipped out with no pain " !! lol. I have never heard one say " yeah, it was bad, I had pain like crazy and thought I was going to die and rip in half. It was the worse pain I have ever felt". lol

Edited by e-lin

I have never heard one say " yeah, it was bad, I had pain like crazy and thought I was going to die and rip in half. It was the worse pain I have ever felt". lol

I thought his description was pretty honest, for a celeb--we wanted to do no drugs, but we needed to use drugs. We tried vaginal, but the vacuum didn't work, so we ended up doing a c-section. It was pukey, sweaty, bloody.

That doesn't really sound all that pleasant to me -_-

Matthew, Camila & Levi

Like father, like son! Matthew McConaughey shares a laugh with Levi, his son with longtime girlfriend Camila Alves, born July 7, 2008. And check out that band on the actor's left wrist -- it's his hospital bracelet! "I noticed it for the first time yesterday that I was still wearing it, but I've been a little busy," Matthew tells OK!.

Posted Image

Camila had hoped to have a natural birth, but due to complications, Levi was eventually delivered via C-section. But before that, doctors "tried the vacuum," Matthew says. "This is where I learned -- and no one tells you this -- but having a baby is a bloody, pukey, sweaty, primeval thing! And I mean that as a beautiful thing. It is wild."

Posted Image

It's a boy! Father and son mug for the camera for Levi's first photo. "Becoming a dad is something I've dreamed of doing since I was 10," Matthew says.

Posted Image

Matthew held Levi for the first 15 minutes while doctors worked on Camila. "I said, 'Come here, little man,'" he recalls. "I saw the pecker and screamed that we'd been right all along about him being a boy. Then I brought him over to her."

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Well, whatever he feels for her, you can tell he's thrilled with the baby and happy to be a dad, so I'm happy for him. I'm a sap that way :P

mathew is hott! i have to say so myself.

McConaughey wipes out in "Surfer, Dude"

Matthew McConaughey and his pals, including co-stars Woody Harrelson and Willie Nelson, probably had a blast making "Surfer, Dude." But they forgot to provide an equally good time for the audience.

Anchor Bay Entertainment's lackluster vanity production hits the surf on Friday, but will quickly eat it. The film might attract a minor cult following on DVD from brahs and beach bunnies.

Perpetually stoned surfing legend Steve Addington (McConaughey) returns to Malibu from a round-the-world odyssey. His home turf has changed in his absence. New sponsor Eddie Zarno (Jeffrey Nordling) wants Addington to participate in high-tech virtual reality surfing videos, but Addington smells exploitation and tries to resist. At the same time, an arrogant Puerto Rican surfer (amusingly played by Ramon Rodriguez) threatens Addington's hegemony, and Steve puts the moves on the elegant Danni (Alexie Gilmore), who works for Zarno's company. The undernourished story is merely the pretext for a lot of stoner gags and hearty party scenes with bare-breasted starlets.

Unfortunately for surfing fans, the film does not provide much spectacular photography to tickle the senses. This is because the plot turns on an uncharacteristically tranquil California summer, as Addington waits for waves that never arrive. Without visual distractions, "Surfer" must rely on the script by director S.R. Bindler, George Mays, Mark Gustawes and Cory Van Dyke, and it is bereft of wit or cogent characterization. For example, while Danni initially is wary of Addington's charms, we never understand what motivates her to hop into bed with him on an excursion to Baja.

Perhaps McConaughey's star power is meant to gloss over this plot lapse, and he walks through the movie -- mainly in the same pair of black-and-white swim trunks and no shirt -- amiably enough. Gilmore is attractive, while Harrelson, Nelson and Scott Glenn do what they can with poorly written roles. Technical credits are passable.

Someone else's vacation photos are never much fun to watch, and this beach party is a drag for onlookers.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

So has anyone thought that it is funny- Mathew having a baby recently and Ted C saying "toothy tile" was having a baby !!! quite a conicidence !!! Especially with there always being rumors with Mathews sexuality !!! lol

So has anyone thought that it is funny- Mathew having a baby recently and Ted C saying "toothy tile" was having a baby !!! quite a conicidence

Must be a coincidence because Ted has explicitly ruled out McBongo as Toothy

Well, whatever he feels for her, you can tell he's thrilled with the baby and happy to be a dad, so I'm happy for him. I'm a sap that way :P

I'm with you. What a cute family!

Levi is definitely an adorable baby.

Matthew kind of creeps me out in this spread though. He's not looking "in" to any of the photos, but rather straight ahead and away from the action as if the photos were mug shots.

McConaughey Opens Up His Home From Home

------------------------------------------------------------------------

MATTHEW McCONAUGHEY has opened up his beloved Airstream trailer for U.S.

magazine Architectural Digest.

The movie hunk has criss-crossed America in the iconic silver mobile home and regularly sets it up on movie sets - so he can live close to the action.

The Sahara star purchased the Airstream International in 2004 and insists it remains one of the best things he has ever bought.

He tells the publication, "It’s a beautiful piece of art and aerodynamically very functional."

Inside, McConaughey’s trailer boasts a compact living space complete with bedroom, bath, shower, dining and lounge areas and a streamlined kitchen. It also offers great views of the Malibu, California shoreline - because that’s where the actor chooses to site his home from home when he’s not on the road.

McConaughey has dubbed the trailer The Canoe - a name inspired by a gift he was given by a Squamish Indian elder in Vancouver, Canada, following a short stay on the tribe’s reservation.

He explains, "When I left, they brought me a handcrafted oar that’s one of the symbols of the tribe. The oar guides the canoe, guides you through life." Since buying the Airstream, McConaughey has added a Satellite dish and a barbecue area. He is currently customising two other Airstream trailers, joking, "One day I’ll have either an Airstream hotel or an Airstream compound."

Source: pr-inside

An 'Embarrassed' Carrie Underwood Apologizes to Matthew Mcconaughey Over Sexual Reference in Acceptance Speech(FoxNews.com)

Carrie Underwood was overwhelmed to have won "Entertainer of the Year" at the American Country Music Awards on Sunday night, but the moment did turn a little mortifying when she made a sexual reference joke to wanting to see Matthew McConaughey's "boots" in her acceptance speech.

The Texas-born actor presented Underwood with the big award, but before his official duties he entertained the audience with a story on how he and his brother once took a road trip thru Texas to see Dwight Yoakam perform. While there the brothers tried to "pick up" a few ladies by telling them that they made a livin' exclusively custom-making George Strait's boots.

"We're like, 'Oh yeah. Say, as I a matter of fact, out in the parking lot, in the trunk of our white Corvette, we have the next year's new edition white ostrich quill George Strait signed series that he's gonna wear on tour next year.' And they got pretty excited about that and said, 'Well, can we see? Can we see? Can we see?'" McConaughey told the audience. "And we obliged ... Point of the story is, we got lucky that night. Thank you, George."

After taking the trophy from McConaughey, a tearful Underwood caused jaws to drop when she said:

"I don't know what to say. I got nothin' ... I want to see those boots, Matthew." (The audience erupted into laughter but somehow we don't think his leading lady, Camila Alves, was so amused). And clearly, Carrie regretted the spur-of-the-moment sexual advance.

"I'm so embarrassed, I totally embarrassed myself. I just blanked," Underwood told Tarts backstage, burying her head in her hands. "You want to say something eloquent in a moment like that and I embarrassed myself. I'm sorry Matthew, I'm sorry to my family. I'm totally embarrassed."

She even admitted that she "blacked out" after hearing her name called and couldn't remember much between making it from her seat to the stage and then to the press room. But as only the 7th woman in the 42-year history of the awards to take the coveted "Entertainer of the Year" honor, it is no wonder Underwood got caught up in the craziness.

"It is definitely a male-dominated genre of music. But this (winning) is just indescribable. I can't wait until the day when having a female nominated in the category is no big deal," she said. "I accept it for all the women before me who kicked butt and never got the recognition they deserve and didn't get the opportunity to get nominated."

Jesus Christ, big fucking deal. Have we become so puritanical as a nation that you can't say anything as mild as this with having to scurry and apologize and claim that you "blacked out"?

It infuriates me too. God damn country music fans.[i like country music, the real stuff. Not this current pop country shit they keep on the radio. Thank god for satellite...]

I hate when this happens, but I agree with Lainey in her response from Tuesday:

Country Asskisser

Someone emailed me the other day along the lines of: Lainey, if Carrie Underwood is a bitch and you love bitches than why do you hate Carrie Underwood?

Why?

Because she’s a fraud.

A sweet and sugar on the outside, poison flowing on the inside fraud. Ask those she’s cussed out and dismissed. They’ll give it to you straight up. Anna Wintour would never hide her bitch. Carrie is hiding her bitch.

Of course the MiniVan finds this hard to believe. Because she’s blonde and loves the Lord. And also because of stank ass Rossum moves like this – consider yourself warned: you must resist the urge to punch.

So the other night at the ACM Awards, Matthew McConaughey presented Entertainer of the Year. Before announcing Carrie’s name, Matthew expressed his affection for George Strait, recounting how he got “lucky” one night while wearing George Strait’s boots. Something like that.

When Carrie came up on stage for her acceptance speech, she joked: “I don't know what to say. I got nothin' ... I want to see those boots, Matthew.” Quite possibly the first time she’s shown a little personality.

Apparently what she said constituted a Country Sin. For which she had to apologise to the ENTIRE WORLD via Fox News. Of course Fox News.

"I'm so embarrassed, I totally embarrassed myself. I just blanked. You want to say something eloquent in a moment like that and I embarrassed myself. I'm sorry Matthew, I'm sorry to my family. I'm totally embarrassed."

Um…sorry for what? Embarrassed for what?

What, exactly, did she do wrong?

Is this how it is? Humour is outlawed. Cookies for everyone and only sweetness should be served. Oh joy! Do you want to live there?

This is what happens when you play it too safe. Even worse when you’re faking it safe. She is faking it safe. Trust.

Edited by Hoyaheel