princess

Star Jones

the pregnancy thing is something where only the person who experienced it can make jokes about it. it'd be incredibly rude for anyone else to make light such a serious matter. if my friend wanted to make light of her losing a pregnancy, it is her right however it'd be rude for me or anyone else to make a joke or comment to it

NY Post - PAGE SIXMay 2, 2006 -- NOW that Rosie O'Donnell is joining "The View," Star Jones may be on her way out. Sources say Jones fashioned herself to be the next Meredith Vieira on the show and wanted to be the moderator of the crew - but grande dame Barbara Walters wasn't going to let that happen. "You can't even mention Star's name around Barbara," said our source. "She hates her. Really can't stand her." Walters gave some noticeably cool remarks to the Times yesterday about past bitterness between Jones and O'Donnell. "The only concern would be Star's," said Walters. "If Star wants to continue to be there, she is welcome." O'Donnell is good pals with Jones' "View" nemesis, Joy Behar. Spies say Jones' agent is calling around now. "Until she leaves, it will be must-see TV," said an insider. "Imagine Rosie and Star going at it every day! Fabulous!" But another said, "Star's ego won't let this last for long." Jones' rep said, "Star has always viewed Barbara Walters as a mentor and is unaware of any hostility." Walters, via her p.r. queen Cindi Berger said, "Star has never angled or asked for the moderator position. Star can stay on 'The View' as long as she wants to, she has been very gracious."

:blink: The thought of listening to Rosie and Joy in the morning is more than I can take. If Star and Elizabeth are smart, they'll jump this ship pronto.

NY Daily NewsSide DishStar Jones Reynolds is already fielding offers now that her most vocal critic, Rosie O'Donnell, will replace Meredith Vieira on "The View," our spy says. Producers loyal to Jones Reynolds, whom Rosie has lambasted as not being open about how she lost weight, are starting to shop résumés. "The staff is furious ... that they didn't even find out about Rosie" until we broke the story in The News, says our source. Exec producers Bill Geddie and Barbara Walters told us, through a rep, that "producers and staff are thrilled that Rosie is coming back."...

PerezHilton.com

Praise Jesus and Whitney Houston! The end is near!

Speculation has reached a fever pitch this week that Star Jones, whose contract - yet to be renewed - is up at the end of this season, will be leaving The View.

Sources claim that no one affiliated with the show can stand her anymore, and we can't blame them.

Star may decide to walk away from The View or may be pushed out, but already sources claim that Oprah Winfrey's best friend, Gayle King, is being considered for the job of replacing Jones-Reynolds-Crazy.

People close to recently hired View co-host and moderator Rosie O'Donnell say she's not only crazy about the idea, but would let King moderate the show if she wanted to.

Oprah,is said to be coming to The View as a guest this month, and many believe that may the day they'll announce the big news.

Personally, we're not thrilled about the Gayle King idea.

What about Connie Chung or Constance Marie? Those two are great choices!

Who do YOU think should replace Starzilla?

I think Oprah's girlfriend is boring and lame but she would be way better than Star so GO GAYLE! I can't think of anyone better than her, though. I heard Aisha Tyler is being considered but I don't like her either. Anyone else have any ideas?

Edited by soho2chelsea

How about a mop?I think anything would be better than that bearding, stupid bitch. No matter how many gastric bypass surgeries you have or how many breast lifts you have...nothing will prevent you from being that hateful whore that you are, Star.I don't like you. I don't think anyone else does, either.

The cool thing is that maybe she would really go away. Who would hire her? As a LAWYER? Would you want Star Jones representing you...not on your life.I cannot imagine she will get asked to do anything media wise, but I never thought Tori Spelling would have her own show. Reality TV sucks.

Yes, but it could be hilarious to see Star and Al in a reality show... him: checking out every sweet young guy he passes and her: making stupid comments and touching her own breasts and checking herself out in every mirror she passes

The cool thing is that maybe she would really go away. Who would hire her? As a LAWYER? Would you want Star Jones representing you...not on your life.I cannot imagine she will get asked to do anything media wise, but I never thought Tori Spelling would have her own show. Reality TV sucks.

Very well said. She talks about being a lawyer SO MUCH. She needs to can it. There are zillions of lawyers in the world. It ain't that impressive. :rolleyes: Plus, she's not even a lawyer anymore. Stoooooop

I heard Aisha Tyler is being considered but I don't like her either.

Oh, I really like Aisha - she was great on Talk Soup. Would love for her to get the spot. :lol:

Wishes really do come true, y'all!

May 9, 2006 -- STAR Jones Reynolds has been told to hitch up her hefty wagonload of freebies and waddle off into the sunset, sources say.

ABC will announce this week that the big-boned talking head is out at "The View," a source close to the inner workings of the late-morning gabfest tells Page Six. What network brass won't say is that she's being unceremoniously ousted at the direct behest of the show's grand dame Barbara Walters and the incoming Rosie O'Donnell.

"It was always Rosie's condition of joining the show, and Barbara agreed to those conditions from the outset," our source said. The network and Jones are now concocting a face-saving scenario in which Jones will be touted as moving on to pursue important new projects.

Jones' camp yesterday denied the blustery babbler is going anywhere. "It's 100 percent not true. Where are you hearing this?" a rep for Jones said. A "View" flack echoed that. But those denials come on the heels of reports that Oprah Winfrey's best friend, Gayle King, may be in line to take over Jones' chair on the kitschy coffee klatch.

And while publicly, the show says Jones is "welcome" to remain on "The View" as long as she wants, insiders confirmed late last week that her agents are quietly shopping around for a new job for her.

There's been bad blood on the set, particularly with co-host Joy Behar. Star was secretly dubbed "Bridezilla" two years ago after she took untold freebies from wedding suppliers in exchange for plugs on the show.

And she threw a hissy fit when ABC suits banned her from plugging Payless shoes, which paid for her endorsement. Recently, Jones enraged Walters and her crew by bragging about her dramatic weight loss while refusing to confirm that she'd undergone gastic bypass surgery to achieve it.

How Jones' star has fallen - just a few weeks ago, she had hoped to succeed Meredith Vieira as the moderator of the crew.

But Walters wasn't going to let that happen because "she hates her. Really can't stand her," a source told us last week. O'Donnell was recruited quickly after Vieira announced she was jumping to "Today."

I wonder how they are really going to clean up this one up on the View--Barbara Walters and the word "hate" in one sentence- :o

Al and Star...Happier times. Look at that straight man. :D

Gayle King wants Star role, but just can't act like it Gayle King is definitely angling for a spot on "The View" despite her claims to the contrary, our spies swear."Gayle really wants the job in a big way," says one source. "It's her absolute dream situation. She thinks it's perfect, because there are others to share the spotlight with and she wouldn't have to deal as much with the 'Oprah's Best Friend' label that follows her everywhere. She just wants to be 'Gayle King, television personality.'" King is already at ABC as a correspondent on Oprah Winfrey's show, she's girlie-stylish, has years of experience and a reputation for good ethics. So what's the trouble?"The problem for her," a cognoscento confides, "is that she's friends with [current 'View' co-host] Star [Jones]."She can't publicly lobby for the job in any way. Star would certainly get upset about her friend trying to get a job she's not technically done with yet."Still, an insider adds, "You can bet Gayle has every back-channel entity she can get working to lock up the position for her. The last thing she'd want is to make it look like she lobbied for the job and that Oprah's influence had anything to do with her getting it." A spokesman for "The View" would only say, "We are not auditioning right now."

NY Daily News

Jones & Reynolds a wrap?

A source says Al Reynolds and Star Jones (above) may be headed for a split.

The official word from the couple is that all is well. But another source says they could be close to splitting, with Star considering a divorce lawyer.

The couple has been under scrutiny since their November 2004 wedding, which made headlines for the freebies they solicited from sponsors. And stories that Reynolds dated men before walking down the aisle led many to question whether it was a match made in heaven.

Jones' future as a co-host of "The View" also looks less than secure, especially since her nemesis Rosie O'Donnell was announced as a replacement for Meredith Vieira. Star was absent from her chair Friday, and "View:-eurs are noticing that she has been mentioning Al less on-air lately.

A rep for Jones said: "This story is absolutely ridiculous and untrue. Star and Al are very committed to each other and their marriage."

... ok, how long now until the official announcement?Four weeks? Six? I don't think they'll last longer than that.

... ok, how long now until the official announcement?Four weeks? Six? I don't think they'll last longer than that.

This chick and her silly-ass "husband" are two more people I'd like to send on a one-way trip to Planet Zog. :rolleyes:

... ok, how long now until the official announcement?

Four weeks? Six? I don't think they'll last longer than that.

This chick and her silly-ass "husband" are two more people I'd like to send on a one-way trip to Planet Zog. :rolleyes:
Totally agree, but I want them to first have the press release announcing the split.

What they will say:

What it really means:

We are, with a great deal of soul searching announcing our separation.

Star is pissed that the marriage to this gay did not work out, and Al cannot wait to get some good looking and manly meat.

We will remain the closest of friends

Star hopes that Al will still keep his mouth shut that they never once had sex and that Al finds her quite repulsive.

We ask that you respect our privacy in this sorrowful time.

Please keep the gay jokes to a minumum while Star struggles to find another job and a straight man.

Here's a great photo of the loving couple...please note Al's joy at having Star straddle him...Does he not look like he's grimacing in the first shot and wheezing for breath in the second? It most certainly does not look like love, folks. And, Star, HONEY, those pants are just not meant for a girl as "built" as you. :)

Posted Image

Can we all agree this woman lives a life of complete denial? She did not have surgery to lose weight. Her husband is no longer gay or interested in men. The viewers of The View absolutely love her. :rolleyes:

Al looks confused and disgusted in the first picture. In the second pic his face says "You are smashing my legs."Star in the second picture looks like she is thinking "You must be gay to not want this hot body" but in all actuallity I think a straight man would have the same look on his face if he were being straddled by that.