Sign in to follow this  
princess

Ellen Pompeo

rosiedemarioGREY'S ANATOMY star ELLEN POMPEO is frustrated by the way her character in the show is written and finds it a struggle to shoot her scenes.The star, who plays DR MEREDITH GREY, is discouraged because she has no input intoher character's storyline.She explains, "I just show up and say my lines. There's no collaboration on the characters and the writing. "This is a 9-to-5 job. I have to show up and say what they write."Something I say a lot is, 'Why does she keep making these stupid mistakes? She's smart enough to make it through medical school, but she can't figure out that she shouldn't be sleeping with strangers.' "My biggest fear about doing a series television show is that I would be bored. But at the same time, there are episodes where I struggle with the choices that Meredith makes." [PRI]

Um, you're not that great at acting sweetie so I'm sure they can easily find someone more grateful ( and real talent) to replace you. :rolleyes:

I have noticed on the show that her teeth are very grey looking (not just the name!) which to me screams eating disorder.

Just like Teri Hatcher's teeth, and Calista Flockhart's. It drives me insane that they think we're stupid!

I have noticed on the show that her teeth are very grey looking (not just the name!) which to me screams eating disorder.

Just like Teri Hatcher's teeth, and Calista Flockhart's. It drives me insane that they think we're stupid!
I agree. Especially when several of the most anorexic women in Hollywood (Lara Flynn Boyle, and Teri Hatcher in particular) have been acting for YEARS and there are still movies of them out there at normal weights. (and looking much hotter I might add) How do they explan this, "Oh, I'm just naturally this thin!" thing in light of that? Ellen Pompeo is SO thin and unhealthy looking that it freaks me out - she is one of these ones like Teri Hatcher who makes me sad because she could be so pretty if she just gained a few pounds, and I wonder who made them think they looked better this emaciated. :( If they look this skinny in pictures just imagine what they look like in real life (seriously, TV/movies/photos add 10 to 15 lbs). Edited by soho2chelsea

rosiedemarioGREY'S ANATOMY star ELLEN POMPEO is frustrated by the way her character in the show is written and finds it a struggle to shoot her scenes.The star, who plays DR MEREDITH GREY, is discouraged because she has no input intoher character's storyline.She explains, "I just show up and say my lines. There's no collaboration on the characters and the writing. "This is a 9-to-5 job. I have to show up and say what they write.

Note to Ellen: Yes, that's called acting. :rolleyes: Wow, if she really said that, she is REALLY annoying.

She also ate all my food and threw it all up.

I think that would piss me off the most.
I would come home and there would be money on the counter and the fridge would be cleared out. I'd have to go to the store and buy stuff for dinner, because she literally ate everything in the house. Luckily, it was my condo and I kicked her out after 4 months. She was ASTOUNDED when I told her I couldn't take her throwing up anymore. She had the NERVE to look at me with innocent eyes and say, I just have a lot of people over while you're at work. OH, OK.
For a moment I thought we had the same roommate, except mine never left me money. Sara the skeleton ate all my food too, but I drew the line when she ate some of my batch of pudding that was setting up in a large bowl, thereby ruining the rest of the bacth. Too much double dipping for me, especially since she was not only bullemic but nympho (oh the germs!!)...I thought Ellen looked prettier in Old School; maybe she was a little less bony?

I've always found her character the most annoying on GA. At least Isaiah Washington's character has a reason for being annoyingly arrogant.

I've always found her character the most annoying on GA. At least Isaiah Washington's character has a reason for being annoyingly arrogant.

Yes, she is sort of like the Ally McBeal of the medical drama world.I liked Meredith the first few shows a lot, but she's gotten so increasingly whiny and face-schrunchy. Now I prefer Heigl

Heigl pissed me off in the finale, so I'm Team Sandra Oh these days ;) I like the Nazi too, esp. when she was carrying the baby around in the sling....Oh wait, this is the Ellen Pompeo thread, not GA....She's too skinny.When Calista Flockhart comes back to TV next year, how many stories do you think there'll be comparing the two skeletons??

There are some scenes I have to mute the sound because i just can't stand to listen to Miss whiny anymore. I just want to smack her. I watch GA for Heigl anyway, if she left the show I'd stop watching.

Edited by alpierce

Stick thin Grey's Anatomy star Ellen Pompeo is about to get a little bit chunkier, because she is pregnant, Patrique Gossip reports exclusively. Sources tell us that Pompoeo has just known for her pregnancy for a week, but is in the process of giving an exclusive interview to supermarket tabloids. No word on who the baby's daddy is, does she have a boyfriend?

http://patriquegossip.blogspot.com/2....html#comments

The cast of Greys is supposed to be on Oprah this Friday.

Oh, thanks for the heads up!

National Enquirer

SECRET REASON GREY'S ANATOMY BEAUTY IS SCARED TO GET MARRIED

By RICK EGUSQUIZA

There's a secret reason why Grey's Anatomy star Ellen Pompeo hasn't wed her longtime love — his criminal past!

Friends say the 36-year-old actress — who plays Dr. Meredith Grey on the hit ABC medical drama — is proceeding with caution when it comes to hunky beau Christopher Ivery, 38, because she can't forget the felony conviction that sent him to jail for more than a year.

"Ellen loves Christopher to death but she can't help feeling that there may be someone else out there better suited for her," a pal told The ENQUIRER.

Chris' criminal past wasn't that important to Ellen when she was a struggling waitress, but now that she's on one of the top-rated TV shows, her feelings have changed as she thinks about her future, says the pal.

"She's had a few of her co-stars try to set her up on dates with some well-known bachelors. Ellen declined the offers for now, but she's having second thoughts.

"Marrying a guy with a criminal past is just not something she envisioned for herself."

In 1994 Christopher pleaded guilty to postal theft and credit card fraud. He served 14 months in prison.

"If she hasn't married Chris by now, it may never happen," said the friend. "She owes it to herself to find Mr. Right and not settle for a man she's having second thoughts about."

He's okay to sleep with . . . . he's okay to get pregnant by (ever heard of birth control?) . . . but he's not good enough to marry? :rolleyes: Ever since I saw her on punk'd, I think she's a "B". I'm sure she'll have a miscarriage when she really thinks about it.

He's okay to sleep with . . . . he's okay to get pregnant by (ever heard of birth control?) . . . but he's not good enough to marry? :rolleyes: Ever since I saw her on punk'd, I think she's a "B". I'm sure she'll have a miscarriage when she really thinks about it.

Has it been confirmed that she's pregnant? People thought Jennifer Lopez was pregnant & they just showed a picture of her in a bikini & she is NOT pregnant. I have to admit, her not dying her hair & letting the gray show had me thinking she was pregnant.

SPECIAL STATUS

PageSix

July 14, 2006 -- ELLEN Pompeo refused to do any interviews with other "Grey's Anatomy" cast members at the Monte Carlo TV Festival last week, said insiders. But Pompeo's rep, Jennifer Allen, said, "It was at the request of broadcasters that she interview alone because she is the star of the show. But I was not there." The actress also had a screaming match with her boyfriend, music producer Christopher Ivery, according to a witness, who said the fighting couple was being driven to the Fairmont Hotel when she jumped out and ran up the road. The driver yelled, "Ellen! Ellen! Get back in the car with your husband!" To which she howled, "He is not my husband!"

SPECIAL STATUS

PageSix

July 14, 2006 -- ELLEN Pompeo refused to do any interviews with other "Grey's Anatomy" cast members at the Monte Carlo TV Festival last week, said insiders. But Pompeo's rep, Jennifer Allen, said, "It was at the request of broadcasters that she interview alone because she is the star of the show. But I was not there." The actress also had a screaming match with her boyfriend, music producer Christopher Ivery, according to a witness, who said the fighting couple was being driven to the Fairmont Hotel when she jumped out and ran up the road. The driver yelled, "Ellen! Ellen! Get back in the car with your husband!" To which she howled, "He is not my husband!"

I hope EGOS don't start messing up the quality of the show. She does sound tempermental!! :blink: Who knows what was going on in the car though.

July 14, 2006 -- The actress also had a screaming match with her boyfriend, music producer Christopher Ivery, according to a witness, who said the fighting couple was being driven to the Fairmont Hotel when she jumped out and ran up the road. The driver yelled, "Ellen! Ellen! Get back in the car with your husband!" To which she howled, "He is not my husband!"

I get cranky like that - when I don't eat. She should EAT. (She looks TERRIBLE).