Sign in to follow this  
Rebelgirl

What Ever Happened to.....?

The Dirt on Ashley

Posted Mar 12th 2008 5:32PM by TMZ Staff

The 24-year-old former child star resurfaced at a Hollywood premiere recently, looking older.

Posted Image

For it's final season, Leonardo DiCaprio was also added to the cast of "Growing Pains." He became a huge star.

The Dirt on Ashley

The 24-year-old former child star resurfaced at a Hollywood premiere recently, looking older.

Posted Image

For it's final season, Leonardo DiCaprio was also added to the cast of "Growing Pains." He became a huge star.

She looks great!

The Dirt on Ashley

Posted Image

She looks great!

Check out this picture from her stint on Dirt. It doesn't look anything like her. Ashley Johnson

Must learn how to post a pic. <grumble grumble>

The Dirt on Ashley

Posted Image

She looks great!

Check out this picture from her stint on Dirt. It doesn't look anything like her. Ashley Johnson

Must learn how to post a pic. <grumble grumble>

It is not her. It is the actress who plays Milan Carlton. Ashley plays another character (the Britney-based one, I think.)

Oh, thank goodness--I thought she had had some major league plastic surgery done. I was just rewatching my season 5 Monk episodes this week and I watched the one where Monk goes undercover as a butler for Samwise Astin. She plays Susie the maid, and she was rather funny.

I liked her in What Women Want. Back before I knew Mel was batshit crazy. :) I thought it was a pretty good movie.

Edited by GovMarley

Thank you for bringing up What Women Want because I knew I'd seen that face (and not as the toddler in Growing Pains) but I couldn't place it....shame on me for not IMDBing but thank YOU for saving me from my lazy-butt self :D

I'm thinking that's a bum link on IMDB's part. Ashley's face is a lot more "oval" like and her cheekbones are far less pronounced.

Just sayin'.

I'm thinking that's a bum link on IMDB's part. Ashley's face is a lot more "oval" like and her cheekbones are far less pronounced.

Just sayin'.

I have no idea, I don't even know who this chick is but if it's her and her face used to be more oval with less pronounced cheekbones, I call chicken cutlets.

What happened to Jim Caviezel?

Yum, he was sexy. I saw him a few days ago on some religious channel while I was flipping around on tv. He was talking about some book or something.

And what happened to Michael Biehn ? After the Terminator and Navy Seals, you'd think he had a promising future ;)

I thought he was SO hot in Terminator. Sigh. He bulked up later, and I liked him better lean.

And what happened to Michael Biehn ? After the Terminator and Navy Seals, you'd think he had a promising future ;)

Alcohol

Alcohol

It has claimed many folks, that demon in a bottle.

Alcohol

It has claimed many folks, that demon in a bottle.

If you look him up on IMDB, it looks like he's worked pretty steadily over the years. But his cuteness has worn off.

Picture here

China protester says he will not appeal suspended sentence on Rose Parade arrest

Posted Image

The more than eight hours that Andrew Koenig spent detained in a Pasadena jail cell on New Year’s Day for briefly walking in front of a controversial China-themed Rose Parade float was punishment enough for his act of civil disobedience, a Pasadena Superior Court judge ruled Friday.

Koenig — best known for his childhood role as Richard “Boner” Stabone on TV’s “Growing Pains” and as the son of Walter Koenig, “Star Trek’s” Lt. Pavel Checkov — was convicted earlier that week of violating a city ordinance against disrupting public events drafted in 1992 to prevent tortilla-throwing and the spraying of Silly String at the Rose and Doo Dah parades.

The ordinance was introduced at the time by former Pasadena Mayor Bill Paparian, who served pro bono (or pro Boner, one might say) as Koenig’s attorney and argued that the law was designed specifically not to inhibit constitutional free speech rights. “In all my years in public life,” said Paparian, “I never thought I’d find myself in court arguing the merits of an ordinance I introduced.”

Judge Suzette Clover instead ruled that Koenig’s act of walking in front of the float designed to celebrate the upcoming Summer Games in Beijing constituted a potential threat to the welfare of parade participants.

Koenig held a sign reading “China: Free Burma” to draw attention to the Chinese Communist Party’s support for and arms sales to that nation’s despotic regime.

Renamed Myanmar by its government, the East Asian nation was recently hit by a devastating cyclone that according to reports killed more than 100,000 people and has left more than a million struggling to survive without food or shelter. Authorities have prevented international aid workers from helping victims and have seized humanitarian aid such as food and medicine.

Koenig was initially charged with a misdemeanor, which carried up to six months in jail and a $1,000 fine. By the time the case reached trial, city prosecutors filed their charge as an infraction that carried a fine of up to $100. Clover ordered a $50 fine but suspended that sentence after Paparian argued Koenig had already been punished enough for spending so much time behind bars.

Although Paparian had asked for the case to be dismissed on First Amendment grounds and questioned why Koenig was held for so long after the conclusion of the parade, Clover ruled that Pasadena Superior Court was not the venue to settle such questions.

Koenig, however, said he’s taken the case as far as he’s going to and has opted not to appeal.

“The whole point of this trial was to bring attention to what’s going on in Burma. The cyclone that devastated the country shines a bigger light on Burma than I possibly could,” said Koenig, 39 and a Venice resident, outside the courtroom with his father.

Walter Koenig has supported his son’s actions and traveled with him to visit a Burmese refugee camp last year.

“Even in these darkest of skies, the silver lining — and I don’t use that expression frivolously — might be that we see even more clearly just what a despotic, ruthless administration they have there and how badly the people are suffering. Perhaps this finally will be the instigation to bring some real political reform to that country,” said Walter Koenig.

Both urged readers to learn more at www.uscampaignforburma.org and www.humanrightsactioncenter.org.

“I’m going to continue working to help the Burmese — just not by jumping in front of floats,” Andrew Koenig said.

Melissa Gilbert back on 'Prairie'

Actress set for musical version of 'Little House'

By GORDON COX

Melissa Gilbert is heading back to the prairie. Thesp has signed on for the world preem of the tuner version of "Little House on the Prairie," bowing at the Guthrie Theater in Minneapolis this summer.

Gilbert, who grew up starring as protag Laura Ingalls Wilder on NBC's 1974-83 series rendition of "Prairie," will play Laura's mother, Ma, in the musical. Steve Blanchard ("Beauty and the Beast") will play Pa, and recent Carnegie Mellon grad Kara Lindsay will portray Laura.

Jenn Gambatese ("Tarzan") will play older sis Mary, with Sara Jean Ford as neighborhood brat Nellie and Kevin Massey as Laura's eventual hubby, Almanzo Wilder.

Gilbert appeared in a developmental workshop presentation of the musical last year, with Patrick Swayze co-starring as Pa.

Ben Sprecher, who heads a team of commercial producers attached to the project, approached Gilbert about returning to "Prairie," a property that remains much loved today.

"I'm very careful about the way the legacy is handled," she said. "My primary concern was that the material was done the right way."

Plot, based on the autobiographical series of books by the real-life Laura Ingalls Wilder, centers on the pioneer lives of the Ingalls clan in late 19th-century South Dakota.

Francesca Zambello ("The Little Mermaid") will helm the show, with music by film composer Rachel Portman ("Emma") and lyrics by Donna DiNovelli. Rachel Sheinkin ("The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee") provides the book, replacing the previously attached Beth Henley.

"Prairie" looks primed for future life if its proves successful, although no concrete plans for Broadway or a national tour have yet been made.

Tuner begins previews at the Guthrie on July 26 ahead of an Aug. 15 opening.

Yea! I live in the St Paul area so I am definitely getting tickets. lol Should be interesting to hear the reviews.

Edited by esherk

This is a face without Botox (and looks kind of like what Angelina will look in 15 years, without the aid of plastic surgery...)

Linda Hamilton

Posted Image