Sign in to follow this  
princess

Christina Applegate

Page SixTURNS out Christina Applegate wasn't the only one in her marriage with a wandering eye. Applegate's soon to be ex, Jonathan Schaech, arrived at the opening of the new Las Vegas club Seamless After Hours on Saturday with his best friends Shannon Elizabeth and pro poker player Antonio Esfandiari, but quickly met his secret new girlfriend inside, sources say. Schaech and the petite blonde, named Maria, made out all night in the VIP section.

Guest Wandafulofit

Page SixTURNS out Christina Applegate wasn't the only one in her marriage with a wandering eye. Applegate's soon to be ex, Jonathan Schaech, arrived at the opening of the new Las Vegas club Seamless After Hours on Saturday with his best friends Shannon Elizabeth and pro poker player Antonio Esfandiari, but quickly met his secret new girlfriend inside, sources say. Schaech and the petite blonde, named Maria, made out all night in the VIP section.

Don't believe everything you read...It's just a TYPICAL pack of bad journo's that are trying to stir up shit because both Johnathon and Christina are so private and the press want some dirt on them ..... so they make it up.... -_- Cheershttp://groups.msn.com/JohnathonSchaech

Christina Applegate's New Catch

Thursday Dec 29, 2005 1:00pm EST

people.com

Christina Applegate may be in the middle of a divorce from actor Johnathan Schaech, but she seems to be learning that there are other fish in the sea.

Her latest catch is Alaskan fisherman and aspiring photographer Lee Grivas, whom she met in the fall through a dancer in her Broadway show Sweet Charity.

“We're very happy with each other," Grivas, 24, tells PEOPLE in its upcoming issue. "I like making her smile and she likes making me smile. It's really innocent and fun."

Schaech, who filed divorce papers Dec. 5, seems to be moving on too: He was partying Dec. 17 at the Las Vegas club Seamless. The couple officially separated six months ago.

Applegate, 34, plans to head back to Los Angeles after Charity closes Dec. 31, and Grivas has a fishing boat to hop on in Alaska this month. But "we're really good friends," says Grivas, "so we'll keep in touch."

Christina Applegate takes a walk on the wild side for Bob Saget's Farce of the Penguins. The R-rated spoof of last year's Ocsar-winning documentary features the voices of Samuel L. Jackson, Lewis Black, Tracy Morgan and Mo'Nique. The penguins march again later this year.

justjaradChristina Applegate and new man Lee Grivas (Alaskan fisherman/rocker/skateboarder).

:o I guess there will be no, we're just "friends" from these two. B)

Christina Applegate at Mercedes Benz Polo Challenge, Bridgehampton, NY (07/29/2006)

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

HWB

I wish that Christina Applegate did more. I really like her as an actress and think she's beautiful. I've also never seen her go the too skinny celeb chick route.

He's Finally Free To Be With Me

That hot bitch of a man Jonathan Schaech's divorce to Kelly Bundy became final today. He filed for divorce in 2005 after a 4-year marriage. It was rumored at that time that Christina was boinking someone from NYC while she starred in "Sweet Charity" on Broadway. You must have tit milk for brains if you cheat on that piece of hotness.

Us Weekly reports:

As part of their divorce agreement, Schaech will receive a 2001 Mercedes convertible, the contents of numerous bank accounts, a cement Buddha, and one-time payment of $105,000 from Applegate. He has agreed to forego his right to collect spousal support.

For her part, Applegate, who will next be seen starring in new ABC series Samantha Who?, will keep the couple's houses, her 2006 Lexus, and the contents of numerous bank accounts.

DAMN! Are they broke?! A 2001 Mercedes Benz?! Do those even exist anymore? I know, I know. I don't even have a car, so I'll shut my damn mouth.

2001 Benz or Not...Schaech is mine! I'll gladly take Kelly Bundy's leftovers.

Posted Image

Yeah, she took a lover during Sweet Charity AFTER they split. The husband cheated on her with.... it escapes me, but it was a name actress, possibly a co-star of his. Damn - I wish I could remember!

Anyway - he was the douchebag. Christina Applegate's a lovely person and a cool chick.

Did You Know?

http://blinditems.typepad.com/dish/

Christina Applegate attended the 1989 MTV Movie Awards with Brad Pitt, but dumped him at the event and left with someone else. "We were really good friends when I was about 16. We went to the awards and I ditched him! I left him there and I feel really bad about it...I really really do. I left with somebody else."

Oh the Drama! Christina Applegate and Her Ex Smooch at L.A. Club

Christina Applegate and Johnathon Schaech’s divorce was finalized in August, but the two apparently still have eyes for each other. Applegate, 35, and Schaech, 38, ran into each other unexpectedly at L.A. hot spot Les Deux on Friday night – and ended up having a close encounter.

“They just made out all of a sudden,” an observer tells PEOPLE. “They didn’t really look around to see who was looking, it just happened, but it wasn’t that weird after. They just went along talking to friends and separated soon after and both kept partying.”

The flirty former couple were also seen holding hands, but they each ended the evening with their pals. Applegate, who stars in the new comedy series Samantha Who?, was hanging out with her girlfriends Eva Longoria and Sara Ramirez, while Schaech was with his actor friend Clifton Collins Jr. Applegate and Schaech married in October 2001 and separated in December 2005. They have no children.

Surprise! You're Still In Love With Your Ex!

Posted Image

Botox=permanent surprise. Christina Applegate was seen making out with her ex-husband Jonathan Schaech at LA nightspot Les Deux on Friday night. Ex sex is the best sex!

"They just made out all of a sudden," an observer tells PEOPLE. "They didn't really look around to see who was looking, it just happened, but it wasn't that weird after. They just went along talking to friends and separated soon after and both kept partying."

The flirty former couple were also seen holding hands, but they each ended the evening with their pals. Applegate was hanging out with her girlfriends Eva Longoria and Sara Ramirez, while Schaech was with his actor friend Clifton Collins Jr.

Christina and Jonathan split in December of 2005. Since then, Christina has had a couple of hit shows and is currently starring in "Samantha Who?" on ABC. Jonathan wants to know if you're going to finish that.

http://socialitelife.buzznet.com/

Johnathon Schaech on Making Out With Ex Applegate: "No Comment"

Johnathon Schaech isn't kissing and telling about his recent makeout session with ex-wife Christina Applegate.

A solo Schaech, 38, hit the Maxim launch party of the new Assassin’s Creed game at Hollywood hot spot Opera Tuesday night.

When asked about Us' recent report that he and Applegate, 35 — who split in December 2005, amid allegations she cheated on him — smooched at L.A.'s Les Deux November 3, he laughed and replied, "No comment."

When pressed further about whether they were friends again, Schaech smiled again and said, "No comment."

On the November 3 night in question, Applegate sipped a vodka cocktail, chatted with Eva Longoria and danced to Michael Jackson’s "Thriller." Around 1 a.m., Schaech, who arrived separately, made his way over to her table, a witness told Us — and proceeded to lock lips with his ex!

“They were laughing and hanging out,” said the witness, “and then they were kissing!”

The two spent at least 10 minutes together, and even walked around the club holding hands.

Said the partygoer, “It was clearly just a comfortable thing for them.”

No word whether they will reunite for Thanksgiving the year.

Schaech said he will be spending the holiday in Maryland with family.

"I will just be with my family and eat turkey," he said. "You don’t want me to cook. The turkey is the dad’s job."

Edited by NYCat

‘Samantha Who?’ is an unlikely sitcom queen

Christina Applegate plays smart, wacky and energetic in this comedy

COMMENTARY

By Wendell Wittler

MSNBC contributor

It’s not often that a show with a female lead is TV’s most-watched comedy. The last one with that honor was “Roseanne” in the early ’90s.

“I Love Lucy” was dominant in the ’50s, of course, but Lucy without Desi in the ’60s, not so much. The only No. 1 comedy that decade with a woman on top of the credits was “Bewitched,” starring Elizabeth Montgomery as a witch named Samantha.

Now, the new top comedy also has a lead character named Samantha. She is not a witch, but is instead something that rhymes with “witch.” Or at least she was, prior to her series-starting bout of amnesia.

The oldest trick in the soap-opera plot playbook sets Samantha Newly (Christina Applegate) up for a fish-out-of-water scenario as surreal as the other Samantha marrying a mortal. Because, along with the memory loss, Sam’s head injury also apparently gave her a conscience she didn’t have before, which makes finding out about her past much more horrifyingly funny.

It may be a tough premise to buy into, but then, who ever bothered thinking about how the ’60s Samantha could turn her husband in to frog?

More brains than Bundy

As a character who could become as unlikable as she is unlikely, Applegate pushes on through with a performance that is energetic, emotional and just plain wacky. The actress formerly known as Kelly Bundy is playing anything but dumb; she portrays Sam as a quick-witted and sharp woman, a person who’s capable of outsmarting almost anybody, including herself.

And Samantha’s state of mind is perpetually on display, with her voice-over narration (a device that’s very common on single-camera sitcoms these days) supplemented by on-screen titles representing her handwritten notes. Those notes are constantly being re-written as she explores this strange alien world that is supposed to be her own life.

Applegate is surrounded by a talented supporting cast playing mostly un-supportive characters. Jean Smart, who was upstaged by everyone else on “Designing Women” only to make a big comeback last year as the “crazy first lady” on “24,” channels manic energy into Sam’s self-absorbed mother. Likable Kevin Dunn plays her dad as a sidekick, delivering the show’s most-repeated line: “Apologize to your mother, Sam.”

Some me of the show’s funniest moments come from a tug-of-war over Samantha between two opposites. On one side, Jennifer Esposito is her “AbFab”-styled friend and proud enabler of the old, bad Sam. Melissa McCarthy also brings humor as a rediscovered childhood buddy who deftly balances being the voice of goodness and niceness with hints of creepy obsessiveness.

Barry Watson’s distrustful ex-boyfriend Todd doesn’t appear often, but his role is still more interesting than whatever he did on his last series, the also question-marked “What About Brian?” And former “Star Trek” star Tim Russ’ doorman, mixing some leftover Vulcan wisdom and stoicism with New York snark, is the best peripheral sitcom character since the janitor on “Scrubs.”

No plot twist untwisted

After watching the pilot, I wondered whether this show could maintain the outlandish premise and stay funny, and what of many possible directions it would end up going. Now, a half-dozen episodes in, “Samantha Who?” is just getting better, and is doing so by going in all directions at once.

And as Samantha’s constantly crossed-out and corrected notes demonstrate, this is one sitcom that will leave no possible plot twist untwisted (even if viewers realize after the show is over that they should have seen half of them coming).

Will Sam ultimately get back together with Todd, or just keep using the closet space of their previously shared apartment? How long will the development company she works for put up with her do-gooder activity?

Will she make a list of everyone she needs to make amends with and become an upper-class “My Name Is Earl?” How long can she keep a balance between her two opposite friends? Will she ever find out who was driving the car that hit her? When will she learn enough about her own past to stop taking notes?

Taking on Charlie Sheen

Perhaps more importantly, is “Samantha Who?” going to stay the No. 1 sitcom? Critics say the show is riding on the white tie and coattails of “Dancing With the Stars.” By the end of this month, that won’t be the case, and “Samantha Who?” will be in direct competition with the previous No. 1 sitcom, “Two and a Half Men.”

While she may appear to be outnumbered two-and-a-half to one (and facing a potentially lengthy writer’s strike with far fewer rerunnable episodes as “Men”), Samantha has some numbers on her side. She already has a lead of over 15 percent (or the equivalent of two-and-seven-eighths men), and the week-to-week ratings are trending slightly upward.

And the show is doing a lot better holding onto the “Dancing” audience (especially with the all-important 18-49 demographic) than the last time Christina Applegate got a plum timeslot. Does anyone even remember her show “Jesse,” one of the many shows NBC used to fill the half-hour between “Friends” and “Seinfeld”?

You don’t need amnesia to forget that, but you would to forget “Samantha Who?” which increasingly has the potential to become a memorable piece of TV history.

When so many new ideas fall flat, it’s a delight to see an old cliché reworked in a fresh new way. But don’t tell that to network executives; they’ll just try to revive “Bewitched” again.

© 2007 MSNBC Interactive

REALITY INTRUDES

January 6, 2008 -- CHRISTINA Applegate says the final straw in her decision to divorce actor Johnathon Schaech after five years of marriage came after living in New York for over a year during her Broadway run in “Sweet Charity." “A lot of stuff happened there, so it was interesting to come home [to Los Angeles] and face my reality and my truth. I think I was sort of in a fantasy world there," she tells next month's Redbook. The “Samantha Who?" star also says the story of her making out with her ex at a club were “incredibly exaggerated . . . We just talked and hung out for a little while and that was the end of it."

page six

Applegate Reunites With Ex Boyfriend

Actress CHRISTINA APPLEGATE has reunited with her skateboarder ex LEE GRIVAS, and moved him back in to her Hollywood home, according to reports.

The pair briefly dated after 36-year-old Applegate's marriage to Johnathon

Schaech ended in 2006, but they split soon after.

But they were photographed leaving a Los Angeles restaurant together last

week (23Apr08), and now insiders claim the romance is back on.

A friend says, "Lee's a simple guy and he took good care of Christina the

first time around. And he'd love to make a baby with her - which is Christina's

number one priority right now."

Applegate recently revealed her desire to become a mother: "That's

(motherhood) something I really need to get on soon, which is difficult in the

current situation. I feel complete when I'm with babies and kids... If I end up

doing it on my own, I don't see anything wrong with that."

Source: contactmusic

Christina Who?

Posted Image

Christina Applegate's style has come a long way from her days on "Married With Children" as Kelly Bundy. How did the actress go from being rebellious to refined? The "Samantha Who?" star reveals her fashion secrets to In Style magazine.

The Christina Applegate you see in these pictures isn't the same Christina who is casually sipping tea in her Tuscan-style Hollywood hills home. "I have a friend who always calls me a chimney sweep because I tend to dress like one," she says. "I don't like doing my hair, so I wear the same cap every day -- an ugly tweed old man golfer's cap."

The Real Christina

So which is the genuine blonde: grunge or goddess? Chuck Taylors or Christian Louboutins? Both. Or neither. It all depends on the day, her mood, whether she's working on her show, the hit comedy "Samantha Who?" or her upcoming movie, "The Rocker," or walking the red carpet at some fabulous Hollywood event.

"I love sophisticated fashion, and I also love to be funky, " she says. "I don't follow trends. I like things that are a little bit off and a little bit interesting."

Style Evolution

As a child actress working in film and TV commercials, Applegate lived in a community of "colorful, edgy" kids who, like her, more or less raised themselves. "Our parents were very, very lax," she says. Applegate's look then was appropriately anarchic to the setting: She had a small Mohawk, flannel shirts, fishnets, combat boots, and eyeliner. "All we ever wore were ripped up clothes and thrift-store stuff," she recalls. "I remember the principal came up to one of my girlfriends and said, 'We have a program here, if you need money for clothing.' And my friend's dad was this huge director."

From there, Applegate regressed a decade to her Led Zepplin/Janis Joplin-inspired phase, which dominated her Kelly Bundy years. After taping her show each night, she'd shimmy out of Kelly's Lycra and into her flowing skirts -- three at a time. "I would wear my mom's old clothes. 'How ugly can I make myself' was, I think, how I dressed."

She Feels Pretty

In her mid-20s, Applegate decided to end her fashion mutiny: "I wanted to look pretty," she says. She stopped looking to rock stars for style cues and became her own muse. "If you're wearing something that isn't you, you're just uncomfortable. I know what is going to look good on my body. I don't want to be concerned all night about whether or not it fits or if my backside is hanging out."