princess

Rosie O'Donnell

Sounds like she had some decent guests on. I can't say a variety show is all that great of an idea, we've already got the singing/dancing thing going on and they've already jumped the shark as far as I'm concerned. Reality shows as well, can't tolerate them. Last night was a bad night to choose for her premiere but I also think Rosie's ticked off a lot of people so no one really wants to be bothered with her anymore.

Well the show totally bombed and that's no surprise.

Rosie has made herself into such a shrew these past few years that few can tolerate her.

Hopefully she'll take the hint and retire.

While I agree that Rosie is seen as divisive, whose brilliant idea was it to debut this show on the busiest travel day of the year, and opposite Barbara Walters/Barack Obama? (Were they in the same time slot?) Even so.... they would have been smarter to debut this show at a different time.

Rosie used to be fun. I think The View killed her career.

While I agree that Rosie is seen as divisive, whose brilliant idea was it to debut this show on the busiest travel day of the year, and opposite Barbara Walters/Barack Obama? (Were they in the same time slot?) Even so.... they would have been smarter to debut this show at a different time.

I agree that it was a pretty dumb time to put the show on. I actually like Rosie, but I think a lot of people were turned off by her when she got "meaner" after her talk show ended - apparently more like what she is in real life, but had to be nicer on the show, and probably the View stint helped showcase that again.

I'm not sure if I'm making any sense (it makes sense in my head, lol, but it doesn't seem to be coming out clearly at the moment)

I agree that it was a pretty dumb time to put the show on. I actually like Rosie, but I think a lot of people were turned off by her when she got "meaner" after her talk show ended - apparently more like what she is in real life, but had to be nicer on the show, and probably the View stint helped showcase that again.

I'm not sure if I'm making any sense (it makes sense in my head, lol, but it doesn't seem to be coming out clearly at the moment)

"Rosie used to be fun. I think The View killed her career."

I agree with the first statement, but honestly, I think her big mouth and really pissy attitude killed her career rather than "The View". It seems as though she MUST be angry about SOMETHING or SOMEONE all the time, and IMO THAT is what turned many people off...it did me for sure. I really used to like her. Now...well, not so much. It's too bad because she IS talented and seems intelligent - she should use these positive qualities in a more constructive manner.

Cancelled Already!

Filed under: TV News > Rosie O'Donnell

Perez Hilton

If you missed Rosie O'Donnell's variety show this Wednesday, then you're shit out of luck!

NBC "tested" the show out to see if the audience was interested in Ro and the format, and America responded with a resounding NO.

Rosie Live debuted to disastrous ratings - only 5 million people watched! - and even worse reviews.

O'Donnell herself just posted the following on her blog:

"there will b no more

no ratings

bad reviews

yet still - a thrill 4 me"

Barbara Walters must be laughing her face off!

And Elizabitch Hasselbeck probably too.

And Star Jones.

And the Osbournes! Ozzie, Sharon, Kelly and Jack have their own reality show - on Fox - debuting next month.

All eyes are now on them!

Posted: November 28, 2008 at 9:28 pm

And the Osbournes! Ozzie, Sharon, Kelly and Jack have their own reality show - on Fox - debuting next month.

Seriously? Christ...

Shit. <_< Why can't we as Americans demand that England take the Osbornes back and keep them? I'd honestly rather be forced to watch Rosie's temper tantrum rants then this family again.

Seriously? Christ...

Shit. <_< Why can't we as Americans demand that England take the Osbornes back and keep them? I'd honestly rather be forced to watch Rosie's temper tantrum rants then this family again.

roflmfao!! True! :lol:

ROSIE O' D CONFIRMS ENQUIRER REPORT: SPLITSVILLE WITH WIFE

Rosie O'Donnell confirms ENQUIRER world exclusive that she and her wife "are on the rocks".

Back in August, The ENQUIRER dropped the bombshell that the corpulent comedienne and long time partner were heading for splitsville.

In an interview with USA Today this morning, Rosie, 47, did not deny the split at her Nyack, New York compound she once shared with her wife Kelli Martin.

Back in August 10, 2009 we reported that Kelli, moved out of their home months ago, and now lives with the couple's youngest daughter in a luxury high-rise Manhattan condo that she bought in her own name, sources say.

Rosie, is "despondent" over the breakup, according to a close source, and is living with the couple's three adopted children at their longtime residence

The couple - who were legally wed in San Francisco in 2004 - had no immediate plans to make the separation official, but have worked out a temporary custody arrangement for their children and are said to be dividing their finances.

Kelli was not present during the interview.

Rosie O'Donnell acknowleges partner, Kelli Carpenter, has 'moved out' during Sirius show

Say it ain't so, Rosie!

The outspoken comedian reportedly let slip that she and her long-time partner, Kelli Carpenter, were no longer living together. In fact, she may have left two years ago.

According to People.com, 47-year-old O'Donnell let slip Saturday on her Sirius Satellite radio show that Kelli "moved out two years ago" during a conversation with a pet psychic (why she was talking with said pet psychic, we do not know).

"What happened [was] when Kelli moved out two years ago, I got the dog," she reportedly stated.

O'Donnell has for months dodged questions about whether she and 42-year-old Carpenter - with whom she has four children - were still together. She told USA Today last month that "Kelli and I love each other very much," and insisted, "we will remain a family forever."

Although she has acknowledged the pair were having "issues," she has expressed that they are trying to work them out.

It is unclear if O'Donnell meant to publically reveal that she and Kelli had not been living together for so long, or if the remark was simply a slip of the tongue.

source: http://www.nydailynews.com

Rosie ODonnell Reveals Nephew Has Cystic Fibrosis

Rosie O'Donnell says she wishes a cure for cystic fibrosis could be found in an emotional US ad, during which she reveals her nephew suffers from the potentially fatal disease.

The 47-year-old chat show host has lent her support to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation (CFF) fundraising campaign.

In the ad, she says: 'Hi, I'm Rosie O'Donnell and my relation to CF – my nephew Ryan has cystic fibrosis.

'And my dream is that we never have to have another cystic fibrosis fundraiser because a cure is found.'

She adds: 'Donate more than you think you could because, frankly, at the end of your life, you're going to be glad you did.'

The ad is part of a campaign being run by the Foundation to raise money to find a cure for cystic fibrosis, which affects 30,000 children and adults in the US and 70,000 people worldwide.

In 2006, it was revealed that Fraser Brown, the youngest son of British Prime Minister Gordon Brown was diagnosed with the disease at the age of four months.

O'Donnell's message can be seen at www.cff.org

Source monstersandcritics.com

I do fundraising for CF. It is a horrible disease and mostly affects children. Life expectancy is not very long, lucky to make it into their 20's. May is national CF month. There is usually a bowl-a-thon in larger communities. Please participate or donate if you can. It's a very worthy cause.

Posted Image

Rosie O'Donnell and Tracy Kachtick-Anders

Pichichi/Splash News Online

people.com

Rosie O'Donnell Steps Out with New Girlfriend

By David Caplan

Wednesday December 30, 2009 03:10 PM EST

Rosie O'Donnell is off the market!

The comedian and former TV talk show host – who in mid-November revealed that her longtime partner Kelli Carpenter moved out of their home two years ago – is now dating Tracy Kachtick-Anders, a Texas-based artist, O'Donnell's rep confirms to PEOPLE.

The pair were spotted walking hand-in-hand in Miami Beach on Tuesday.

Last month, when asked if she was enjoying the single life, O'Donnell, 47, told PEOPLE, "I'm not. But on we grow, so to speak."

And in October, in an interview with Examiner.com, Kachtick-Anders said, "Maybe for a future plan, I'd like a date with an inspiring woman!"

Like O'Donnell, Kachtick-Anders is active in lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender parenting and adoption issues. She launched Open Arms Campaign, a non-profit organization to recruit and foster adoptive families that targets the LGBT community. "I have become an activist and work to educate everyone, not only about the plight of foster children," she wrote on TheRainbowBabies.com, "but also the inequality that faces LGBT people in their quest to create families." Kachtick-Anders has six children, five of whom are adopted, according to the Examiner.com.

O'Donnell, meanwhile, is gearing up for the airing on HBO in late January of A Family Is A Family Is A Family: A Rosie O'Donnell Celebration, a documentary that challenges the traditional ideas of family.

Posted Image

people.com

Facebook Twitter Yahoo Buzz E-mail Looks like love's a beach for Rosie O'Donnell, 47, who had a big hug for new girlfriend Tracy Kachtick-Anders on a strand in Miami this month. Dressed casually, the pair seem to be embracing a new life together.

Rosie O'Donnell: New Relationship Is "Delicious"

How is Rosie O'Donnell's new romance going?

Just rosy.

On her Sirius XM radio show "Rosie Radio" Monday, she described Tracy Kachtick-Anders -- an artist and mother of six -- as a "lovely, lovely, lovely, lovely person."

She also called their relationship "yummy. I love it all ... It's almost too good to be true!"

Still, she said she was surprised at all the attention they've received since they stepped out holding hands in Miami Dec. 29. "I had no idea that it would be on CNN," O'Donnell, 47, said of her new relationship. She then mocked a television announcer: "'Rosie has a new girlfriend – tonight at 6.'"

Added O'Donnell, "It's odd for me ... and quite odd for Tracy."

She is relieved people know, though. "Now I don't have to worry about not saying it for two hours a day," she said, explaining how she can now talk openly about her new romance on her show.

It appears O'Donnell's children (she has four with ex-partner Kelli Carpenter) have already met Tracy's kids.

"[10] kids at your house your 4 gf's 6 + Ellis?" a Rosie.com reader asked Sunday on her web site Rosie.com.

"yes," Rosie noted.

In October, O'Donnell announced that she and Carpenter had called it quits.

"We have different styles of living," she later explained to Howard Stern. "I'm very messy. She's very not."

Source Us Weekly

Rosie O'Donnell Tells Oprah She & Tracy Are Moving in Together

Two TV queens, one hour, no holds barred and it all airs Monday – when Rosie O'Donnell sits down with Oprah Winfrey and lets fly with the inside stories on her breakup after 12 years with Kelli Carpenter, her new girlfriend Tracy Kachtick-Anders, her home life with her four kids ... and even menopause.

Gearing up for her Jan. 31 HBO special A Family Is A Family Is A Family: A Rosie O'Donnell Celebration, a documentary that challenges the traditional ideas of family, O'Donnell, 47, talks about co-parenting with Carpenter since their breakup.

The two had four children together: Parker, 14; Chelsea, 12; Blake, 10; and Vivienne Rose, 7.

"Although we co-parent," says O'Donnell, "we share equal time but we're never really without them. Some are here. And that's the way we did it. It's free-flowing, and we do nights together, too." Explaining that Carpenter "lives nearby," O'Donnell also says that is still "not close enough. I wanted her to live in the same town, and she was, like, 'I don't know how good that's gonna be for me.' Like, what are you saying? You can't exist – okay. Calm down. Breathe. Everything's okay."

On what attracted her to her new girlfriend, the Texas-based artist (with six children of her own) Kachtick-Anders, O'Donnell says, "So she got out of the car in Miami and I was, like, zoinks, you know, because she's absolutely gorgeous and, I don't know, I felt like I knew her right away. It was very odd."

"So are you gonna move to live together?" asks Winfrey.

"Yes," says O'Donnell. "As soon as we can arrange the kids' thing where she lives in Texas, you know."

"So you're gonna blend the families?" asks Winfrey. "The six kids and the four kids ... "

"Yes," says O'Donnell. "Can you imagine?"

"No," says Winfrey.

"I know," says O'Donnell. "A lot of people can't."

And since no interview with O'Donnell would be complete without touching upon her abrupt departure from The View in 2007, O'Donnell tells Winfrey that when it came to confronting her boss Barbara Walters: "And for me at that moment, if I had been braver, I would have just cried and said you really hurt my feelings."

Source People

O'Donnell Surprised She's Still Alive

Actress-turned U.S. TV personality Rosie O'Donnell is struggling to live life to the full - because she didn't expect to be alive in her 40s.

The A League of Their Own star's mother died when she was young and O'Donnell felt sure she too was destined for an early grave, so she packed everything into her first 40 years and then stepped back from the spotlight.

During an appearance on Oprah in America on Monday (25Jan10) she revealed, "As a child I never thought I would live past 40, because my mother didn't, and my goal was to do everything I could before I was 40 and then retire and wait for the doctor to say, 'You're gonna die'.

"So every year I get my mammogram and every year they say, 'You're fine,' and I go, 'Would you squish it a little harder, are you sure?' They'relike, 'Y'know, I think you're gonna live'.

"So I had to make a plan for what to do".

Source femalefirst

Out With the Oprah, in With the Rosie O'Donnell?

Today 3:25 PM PDT by Natalie Finn

Eonline.com

Remember when Oprah Winfrey announced she was pulling her talk show in 2011?

While audiences were just bummed to hear the news, network execs have been scrambling to fill the inevitable void on the daytime talk-show circuit.

And sources tell E! News that Rosie O'Donnell is mulling a return to daytime TV once Winfrey signs off.

Since leaving The View in a feud of glory in May 2007, O'Donnell hasn't had much success on the small screen, other than some good guest spots on Curb Your Enthusiasm, Nip/Tuck and Drop Dead Diva. She joined the Sirius XM family last year, launching the daily Rosie Radio show, which she hosts from a custom-built home studio in New York.

Back when she wasn't such a polarizing figure, The Rosie O'Donnell Show won 25 Daytime Emmy Awards, including Outstanding Talk Show every year between 1998 and 2002.

The O'Donnell comeback possibility was first reported by Showbiz411.

Rosie O'Donnell moved up her plans to marry her fiancée Michelle Rounds this month, instead getting married on June 9 in a private ceremony in New York, People reports.

The two decided to exchange their vows early due to Rounds' first surgery on June 14 for a cancer-like disease that causes painful tumors.

"We married in private before [Michelle's] surgery, just the [two] of us," O'Donnell shared on her blog. "When we r both well enough will have the wedding of r dreams surrounded by those we cherish."

"Thankful for the love and support so many have given us during these trying times," she added. "Including all of u stranger-friends connected thru invisible strands of wi fi."

O'Donnell and Rounds, a New York City headhunter, have been engaged since December of last year. This is the second marriage for O'Donnell, who has four children with ex-wife Kelli Carpenter.

Ok am I being cynical or is this a whole lot of Rosie coming out of the woodwork lately? Does she have something coming up?

And I will go to hell for this but - I'm calling a slight BS on the heart attack. I have no doubt her arteries were severely blocked, but she had a "widowmaker" heart attack she did not go the doctor until the next day? Really?

Edited by branchop

According to one of the articles I read she had a stint put in.

FYI -- my brother had a heart attack which he mistakenly thought was a monster case of heartburn. He thought he still had it the next day -- his wife told enough was enough and took him to the ER -- he had double bypass. He was 43. It happens.

Esp women, as heart attack symptoms for women are very different than they are for men. Heart disease is the number 1 killer of women in America. Not breast cancer, not any cancer. I believe it.

On the snarky gossip angle, Page Six today is hysterical and brought back their Liars Corner:

Liars’ Corner

Last Updated: 12:11 AM, August 28, 2012

Posted: 12:07 AM, August 28, 2012

Share on twitterShare on facebookShare on myspaceShare on stumbleuponShare on diggShare on farkShare on redditShare on email|More Sharing ServicesMore Print

One thing that really makes us fume at Page Six is people who tell big, fat lies. In early June, we heard Rosie O’Donnell was going to marry her girlfriend, Michelle Rounds. But O’Donnell’s PMK-BNC rep, Cindi Berger, said, “Not true. The save-the-date has gone out for the wedding in August.” When we heard the ceremony did go ahead on June 9, Berger — having completely lost her grip on the truth — e-mailed us on June 10: “Just spoke to her and no, they did not get married yesterday.” But yesterday, brazen Berger gleefully announced to People that the pair had exchanged vows on June 9 in a private ceremony. Read Page Six tomorrow for more startling Rosie wedding details that Berger will undoubtedly also deny. Liars’ Corner is back. Shady reps, you have been warned.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/liars_corn...M#ixzz24qLde1GZ

I know that Women's heart attacks come on differently and that people have heart attacks all the time and think it is heartburn. I just question Rosie. :) (I do not doubt she had a stint put in)