princess

Star Jones

Thanks Leia, that was a helpful recap. I'm just curious to see what's next for the show. I haven't cared about the show in years, up until now. We'll see if it survives next season.

The claws finally come out Star takes bitter 'View' on canning BY JANE RIDLEYDAILY NEWS STAFF WRITER There is no love lost between Barbara Walters and Star Jones Reynolds of 'The View.' Star Jones Reynolds has launched a bitter counterattack after Barbara Walters sensationally dissed her on yesterday's edition of "The View."In an exclusive interview with the Daily News, the TV diva fought back after the show's creator said she felt let down, and that she was no longer welcome on set."For Barbara to say she felt betrayed is the height of hypocrisy," Jones Reynolds said last night.Walters, who opened yesterday's show with the remark: "And then there were three," told viewers she was surprised when Jones Reynolds interrupted Tuesday's broadcast to say she was quitting."We gave her time to look for another job and hoped that she would announce it on this program and leave with dignity," said Walters, confirming Jones Reynolds' contract for a 10th season had not been renewed."But Star made another choice."Speaking candidly to News contributor Jawn Murray, Jones Reynolds said she was humiliated by Walters' decision not only to let her go but to hire archenemy Rosie O'Donnell as co-host."Rosie had attacked me on every single evening entertainment program," said the 44-year-old former lawyer. "Barbara used that week to call her and invite her to be part of a show that I helped launch nine years ago."O'Donnell criticized Jones for not confirming that her 150-pound slimdown was partly due to gastric bypass surgery.Jones Reynolds recalled the April 21 phone call from her agents telling her she was being dropped from "The View.""Barbara did not call me herself," she said, bitterly. "After nine years, she didn't call me. They told me my contract would not be renewed because my approval rating had gone down. ... I was like, whoa!"She claimed producers had previously assured her that her job was safe when she challenged them about replacement rumors."I came to work every day. I held my head up. I operated in grace and dignity," she explained. "I knew since April but I still came to work."The catfight really began after Jones Reynolds told People magazine that "The View" had not offered her a new contract and "I feel like I am being fired."Fur flew when Walters retorted in an interview that Jones Reynolds "lost the audience" and viewers were turned off by her astonishing weight loss and divalike behavior preceding her 2004 wedding.Jones Reynolds countered by blasting Walters' decision to install O'Donnell as co-host in the fall. "[O'Donnell] had been so vicious and nasty to me."O'Donnell couldn't resist another swipe, writing on her Web site blog yesterday that she had spotted swarms of camera crews waiting outside ABC's Manhattan studio."Drama is as drama does," O'Donnell wrote. "Everybody breathe."A source at "The View" said the staff was glad to see the back of Jones Reynolds, adding: "Star has very effectively alienated everybody on the show." Meanwhile, a friend of the outspoken star said Jones Reynolds and Walters have not been in contact since Tuesday's show.

You know, for the next few weeks, Star Jones will probably milk this shit for all it's worth and won't shut up about it. But, after a while everyone will lose interest and she'll be gone forever.It's bittersweet: we have to deal with her pictures for the next few weeks, but after that...NO MORE STAR!So, based on the ChitChatters celebrities they want gone: Star Jones is first on the chopping block. I, actually, never thought it would come to fruition. I figured she would be smarter than she is, but if you're married to a man who looks better in drag (which he probably does all the time) than you do in real life...you can overlook a lot of things.

Edited by Babloo328

Ted's Column for June 30.... MEOOOOOWWWWW:

Backstage SassI've appeared on The View a few times (three, to be exact-a-rooney about it). Was always a blast, a little bitchy, and most pleasant. After all, what's more gonzo than gabbin' with a bunch o' broads? Nothing. Wanna know why? Because men are typically unnecessarily acidic when they gossip--which, by the by, they do much more so than do gals, I'm convinced--the femmes just know how to have fun with the juice!Except for Star Jones Reynolds, that is.Every time I was on that morning talkfest, off-camera, the women--especially Barbara Walters and Joy Behar--were incredibly gracious with me. Oh, with the single exception of Star, that is. She would barely acknowledge me, even when I said hullo.Mind you, I've never written more than three words about the woman, not really interested. But she always had a way of laser-daggering me with those little eyes of hers, as if she was going to hate me, regardless, just in case I ever did write something about her in the future.Well, here it is, Ms. J.R.: I'm a writin' about you now, so maybe, just maybe, you were onto something all along.No wonder Jones Reynolds isn't missed at The View, as has been widely reported. Do you know, I'm told, she attempted to have it written in her contracts what could--and could not--be said about her by others? Talk about an un-impromptu chitchat show! Also, S.J.R. rarely spoke with her coworkers, when the cameras weren't whirring. Certainly not when I was there. She was imperious, chilly and very impressed with herself, was the general consensus.Not really a surprise, then, that S.J.R. and her esteemed coworkers had a public falling out, which has been deliciously damning reading for us all--says the sometimes acidic male goss columnist. What the hell did this operator expect?Also, what will she do? Open up an online agency for hooking up perfectly mismatched mates? (Can't think of two opposites who more deserve each other than pushy Jones and prissy Al Reynolds).However, Jones Reynolds hangers-on tell me the woman wants to enter into politics. Uhmawgawd! Jeez, isn't she already there, what with these heavy-handed machinations she's been pulling? Oh, the locale, so say these Jones Reynolds know-it-alls, for Ms. J.R.'s possible future stomping will be in--of all apropos places--Texas.This is just perf.Can't think of a big-ass state that deserves her more.Religious P.S.: According to whispering New Yawk worshipping types, Jones used to attend, quite regularly, a Brooklyn church. That is, until the slimmed-down pistol hooked up with Reynolds. Then--poof!--no more Star in that sanctuary. Why's that, Ms. Jones? The devil get in ya, or somethin'?

I think I'm in love with Ted!

Me too!

Mind you, I've never written more than three words about the woman, not really interested.

Ouch

I think Star is in for a rude awakening when she finds out how uminterested the general public is as well.

would bet that Star saw Ted as serious competition for her BGA's attention

I am thinking that Ted has better taste.

I think I'm in love with Ted!

Get in line :D :wub: :wub: Today's entire column rocked. The Star dish rocked. I was especially intrigued by this part:

Do you know, I'm told, she attempted to have it written in her contracts what could--and could not--be said about her by others? Talk about an un-impromptu chitchat show!

I wonder what was attempted to be restricted in those contracts!!

:lol: Hey Star........Dont let the door hit ya in the ass on the way out. :lol: GOOD RIDDANCE! :lol: I could not stand her. :lol:

now, now - I think we all need to have a moment of silence for the death of SJR's career. Poor woman's probably never been laid in her whole life! No wonder she is such a shrill, bitter, self-absorbed bitch! -_-

I was stuck in the waiting room at my car dealer this morning and someone had the tv tuned to NBC. I was subjected to Al Roker's interview of Star Jones Reynolds on the Today show.

It was a rehash of what she said on Larry King, playing the martyr and victim. Ad nauseum.

It reminded me of that song by Dan Hicks and his Hot Licks:

How can I miss you when you won't go away?

I keep telling you day after day,

But you won't listen, you always stay and stay,

How can I miss you when you won't go away?

Star Jones Reynolds sorry for wedding spectacleFriday June 30 9:51 PM ETNewly fired co-host of "The View," Star Jones Reynolds, apologized to fans on Friday for getting "caught in the euphoria" of marital bliss when she planned her lavish, freebie-filled wedding in 2004.Reynolds' mea culpa for behavior that earned her the label "Bridezilla" in tabloid headlines two years ago came during an appearance on NBC's "Today" show, one of several interviews she has given since her messy departure from "The View" this week.ABC and Barbara Walters, creator, executive producer and lead host of "The View," has said the negative publicity surrounding Reynolds' wedding extravaganza was a key factor in turning viewers against her, which ultimately cost Reynolds her job. The former prosecutor, then known as Star Jones, came under fire around the time of her November 2004 wedding to Al Reynolds when she accepted expensive wedding supplies and services for free, donated by corporate "sponsors" in return for publicity.On Friday, Reynolds, 44, acknowledged that she had gotten carried away with her nuptials."I don't think I took the viewers on the right journey with me, and I want to apologize for that," she said. "I was a 40-year-old who, according to urban legend, had a better chance of being kidnapped by a terrorist than getting married. And I was caught in the euphoria. And I think I used, and some would say abused, my celebrity in planning the wedding."If she had it to do over again, Reynolds added, "I would be more humble, and I would allow them to see the genuine character of who I am, which I hope they see right now."But Reynolds was less forthcoming about another issue that ABC and Walters said came up in network research last year showing that Reynolds was falling out of favor with viewers -- her abrupt and dramatic weight loss.While Reynolds is widely assumed to have shed more than 100 pounds with the help of gastric bypass surgery, she has never publicly acknowledged undergoing such an operation while promoting the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.Asked about the issue by Roker, who himself has undergone gastric bypass, Reynolds would only say that "a medical intervention, doctors, had to step in to save my life." And she said found it "disheartening" that ABC "would use something so private ... at this moment."Reynolds touched off a wave of public blood-letting when she caught Walters and ABC off guard by announcing on Tuesday's broadcast of "The View" that she would end her nine-year tenure on the show in July.That same day, People magazine published excerpts of an interview in which Reynolds complained she had been given notice days before learning that Rosie O'Donnell, one of her most vocal critics, would be joining the show in the fall.Walters, who had clasped hands with Reynolds, warmly wished her well and led the studio audience in a standing ovation on Tuesday, opened the next day's show with the frosty declaration that Reynolds was not welcome back.Walters later said that she felt betrayed that Reynolds refused to stick to an understanding she had reached with ABC to leave the show with "dignity" -- by inventing a reason for her exit that the network and "The View" would support.Reuters/VNU

She is not of this planet. She is so arrogant, she actually believes that we would "be with her" if she had "shown the genuine character of who she is"? ARRGGHHH. If I have to see one more second of her in my life, I want to scream.

Have you ever seen the big gay Al and Star wedding website? IF you want a gigantic gagging laugh, look at it sometime. You have to register. I used starisapig@aol.com...go ahead and use it too.

Saggy and the Flame

She is not of this planet. She is so arrogant, she actually believes that we would "be with her" if she had "shown the genuine character of who she is"? ARRGGHHH. If I have to see one more second of her in my life, I want to scream. Have you ever seen the big gay Al and Star wedding website? IF you want a gigantic gagging laugh, look at it sometime. You have to register. I used starisapig@aol.com...go ahead and use it too.Saggy and the Flame

omg that site is so funny, she's completely delusional :D love your e-mail addy, I used it too Edited by jgr0602

She is not of this planet. She is so arrogant, she actually believes that we would "be with her" if she had "shown the genuine character of who she is"? ARRGGHHH. If I have to see one more second of her in my life, I want to scream.

Have you ever seen the big gay Al and Star wedding website? IF you want a gigantic gagging laugh, look at it sometime. You have to register. I used starisapig@aol.com...go ahead and use it too.

Saggy and the Flame

omg that site is so funny, she's completely delusional :D love your e-mail addy, I used it too

I used that email as well. I was going to leave a message in the guest book but then I saw "Note: This is a place to celebrate love and the blessings of marriage...only guestbook entries that want to join us in our joy will be posted." so I passed. :rolleyes: (Think I've got too much free time on my hands...)

Saggy and the Flame

omg that site is so funny, she's completely delusional :D love your e-mail addy, I used it too

I used that email as well. I was going to leave a message in the guest book but then I saw "Note: This is a place to celebrate love and the blessings of marriage...only guestbook entries that want to join us in our joy will be posted." so I passed. :rolleyes: (Think I've got too much free time on my hands...)

AH, heck. let's all go leave a happy message, from all of us at chit-chat. I REALLY want to join in the joy of that union. Just IMAGINE the awesome sexual pleasure that is derived from that coupling marriage. :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

I was just reading Rosie's comments and they asked her again about what she said about Star. Here's what she really said- March 29, 2006:

STAR VIEWPosted by ro @ 1:44 pm in in the newsthere is drama at the viewregis went on yesterdayand saidhey there is an elephant in the living roomno one likes to pretendas if it were realthere comes a pointwhere u become complicitstar jones had weight loss surgeryshe had part of her stomach bypassedthat is how she lost 1/2 herselfshe refuses to say thiswhich is her rightbut we do not have to pretendwe do not knowany fatty will tell uit is nearly impossible to gofrom where she wasto where she iswithout medical interventiondats da fact jackand it is oktalk to ur doctordecide for yourselfif this is the option for uby all means do itit is hard to be fatu get tiredur knees hurtpeople stare at uthink u less thenu feel less thenwhen i see one of r ownfly away from planet plusi wave with misty eyesproud astonished worriedwe have a high recidivism ratewe us r tribesis and bros welargeso star shrinks b4 our eyeswe know the truthbut nod as she talks aboutpilates and will poweri am sure star jonesbeneathe the beyonce bravadois a scared lil girlwho grew her body bigstrong and safethere is no delete buttonin real lifegeorge bushtalking about the successin iraqwith star like showmanshiphe thinking we still believewhat we know is not truewe dont buy itpeace to star jonesevery wave hits the shore

I couldn't agree more, and hated the way Star lied about this. It wasn't just your wedding that off-put people Star, it was saying you lost 150 lbs. from doing Pilates.

Based on all what I'd heard about the Star vs. Rosie "war," I thought that Rosie must have said something really nasty. I don't think this poem is nasty at all.

Based on all what I'd heard about the Star vs. Rosie "war," I thought that Rosie must have said something really nasty. I don't think this poem is nasty at all.

Yea, I heard the same, that's why I posted it. I really like Rosie and love reading her comments. It is refreshing to have someone be fat and gay and have real problems and TALK about them like a human being. She has also been known to say how overpaid and overrespected show biz people are. I wish Rosie had Star to diss just for ONE day. I would have paid to watch.

As is so often (but not always :) ) the case, I'm in total agreement with MF'sMom. While I'm not a huge fan of Rosie, I do like the fact that someone fat and gay has a voice, and actually wants to talk about issues like what it's like to be a heavy person in the public eye, and how someone in that position feels when another overweight person decides to take the gastro-plunge.I was actually sort of touched by the way Rosie describes Star in her poem. She was much more charitable that I would be... or am... about That Woman.

Cindy Adams' entire column today (7/5/06) was about Star:JULY 4th's over. The fireworks aren't. We speak now of Al Reynolds' wife, who talks softly but carries a big shtick. My hat, even my hairpieces, are off to her. Forget Hillary, forget Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg, forget Mme. Curie, we're talking the sharpest toughest keenest brain in captivity. If this former Brooklyn prosecutor ever decides to go back to lawyering, Gotti should hock his gold fillings to hire her. Star Jones is that smart. The woman copped more airtime than Nelson Mandela when he got out of prison and she only got out of "The View." And Barbara Walters, being portrayed as a villain, refused the "Today" Show, "Good Morning America," "Letterman," etc, and only sent a written prepared statement to Larry King. Barbara's not speaking. Keeping her mouth shut per ABC's orders. Here's what I know. Not what I think. What I know: For over a year focus groups determined Jones' earlier high ratings had tanked. Too much negativity. Co-workers disliked her. Viewers soured over the B.S. about her wedding, husband, freebies, dieting, posturing. Artists like decorator Carleton Varney, an Architectural Digest staple who's worked for the White House, complained, "She told me to do her home for free, and she'd see I get mentioned. Is she kidding?" And Barbara sighed repeatedly. She knew. In November ABC wanted Jones gone. Her reps said they would be the ones to tell her. Barbara wanted her out but had compassion. Wouldn't do it that close to Christmas. Then wouldn't be mean enough to kill her coming book tour which, incidentally, also suggested her popularity might've peaked. She criss-crossed the country, put her name out even to Eskimos who'd write it in yellow snow, yet the book didn't take off. Then another delay for more surgery. Cosmetic surgery on her breasts. Barbara wanted dignity for her. The longtime star wanted the so-named Star to have it easy. To first find another job. To then tell her fans whatever she chose and the show would back it up. Barbara could easily have told the public that too many wrong turns had caused Jones to hit a dead end. But things dragged on. It was never the right time. Finally, July 13 was to be D-Day. From my own resources, I reported she'd be history before August. Just three days prior to everything blowing up, it was dinner with Barbara, the Times' Frank Rich and Alex Witchel and mutual friend Suzanne Goodson. I asked when is Mrs. Reynolds' final day. A made woman in the secret society of interviewers who nail exclusives, Mama Bear Walters has taken the vow of omerta. Possibly, we've survived hacking into each other's professions because she has her secrets and I have mine. Frank Rich laughed, "Good try," when she wouldn't answer me. Thus, when the quit hit the fan and Barbara went silent and I was upset at blowing this story, I phoned her in the south of France. Last week municipal bond lady Alexandra Lebenthal talked about Ken Langone, who's A) being sued by Attorney General Spitzer for a stock exchange investigation and B) embroiled in a Home Depot probe. "Ken thrives on controversy," she told me. That's the polar opposite of Barbara Walters, who hates conflict. Immediately this happened she left the country. "Look, you know I'm not speaking," Barbara said. "But the truth is, and all I'm going to say is, I was looking to be so nice to her. I damaged my own credibility by trying to protect her." Then: "I feel sadness, but I'm not sure I'd have done it any other way. Even now . . . " Face it. You have to respect Star Jones. Like a comet blazing through the atmosphere - and leaving a long tail in its wake - she generates heat. She took Sinatra's mantra, "I'll do it my way." She turned the tables. She picked the time and place. She decided when she'd leave. She left everyone stunned. However, Star Jones is no Frank Sinatra. He paid his dues. She hasn't. She's a relatively new kid on the block. Fans Out There may love her, but people who work with her don't like her. She was at Court TV. No more. She was at E!TV. No more. She was at ABC. No more. Able, larger-than-life, a megapersonality, she just pushed it too far. Too much brio, gusto, bravado, diva-esque demands, in your face, too full of herself. Too much me-me-me. Too plain pushy. But, Lordy, is she clever. Suddenly, now, she recognizes she might have overstepped. Now, only now, she admits making mistakes maybe. Newly, at this moment, she acknowledges that possibly her dieting might have been assisted by - and her terminology is precise and repetitive - "a medical intervention." Brilliantly, she's come off as the victim. But don't cry for Argentina. This lady is too over the top not to show up somewhere on television. In any case, she could always work for Dick Cheney. Not even in the underground bunkers of Washington, D.C., can anyone spin like Star Jones Reynolds. All I want to tell her is, don't try to beat a pro like Barbara Walters, honey. Ain't gonna happen.

OMG ~ Is Cindy Adams delusional or what? Does she honestly think anyone is buying into Star being a victim? Just because Star succeeded in shocking Barbara and crew by making the announcement 2 days early, the only thing Star got out of that is a little satisfaction for herself and nothing more. Yes, it got her huge publicity but at what price? Ms. Adams herself listed every network that has hired and fired Star. Is that something bodes well to future employers? I think not! Go back to law, Star. If you're truly as smart as Ms. Adams think you are - and I have to disagree as I don't equate being argumentative merely to be argumentative as brilliance - I'm sure they'd love to have you back in Brooklyn.Oh, and let me add, no one is crying for her let alone do we want to see her on tv again EVER!

Edited by kappy22

Apparently. Kathy Hilton went to say hi to Star at a Hamptons party over the holiday weekend--and assumed the black guy she was with was Big Gay Al and addressed him as such (probably not the "big gay" part) Alas, it was Bryant Gumbel :lol:

So Paris got her mom's brains??

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/pagesix/star_...es_pagesix_.htm

Edited by Hoyaheel