princess

Star Jones

I know she's close friends with Barbara but Barbara has got to dump this woman before she kills the show completely.

The dynamics certainly will change when Meredith leaves. :( (I like Meredith but won't watch the Today Show, even for her). But I digress.... I agree that Star ruins that special cohesion they're trying to attain.

"

Her breasts must hurt after the surgery," says our spy. "She kept touching them all night."

Its either that or she knows no one else will.
Have I told you lately that I love you? :DI hate Star on the View too. Meredith was the only reason I ever watched but I can't watch the Today show, either (even though my opinion of Matt raised considerably when he took on the Crazy Cruise). I especially hate when Star gets all lawyerlike and starts talking like she is still a practicing attorney

"Her breasts must hurt after the surgery," says our spy. "She kept touching them all night."

Your idea is much better than the thought that popped into my head when first reading this, Tyler, as I imagined she was touching them to make sure they were still there after she had shelled out so much $$ to get them... :rolleyes: or are there plastic surgeons who do these things for free? :D

"

Her breasts must hurt after the surgery," says our spy. "She kept touching them all night."

Have I told you lately that I love you? :D
No, and I am a very big believer in anonymous internet love. People seem to be such more open and forgiving on the 'net than they do in RL.

nationalenquirer.com

A dramatic 911 call has confirmed the truth about Star Jones' plastic surgery nightmare. The View diva has tried to downplay how she almost died after having a breast lift. But the call from a frantic medic at Pacific Surgery Center in Santa Monica, California, has revealed how close Star came to dying.

"We have a patient who is on our surgery table, who we cannot stop from bleeding," said the desperate aide in a call made at 4:56 pm on March 17.

The call was immediately transferred to emergency services, who rushed to Star's aid.

Within minutes, an ambulance arrived and rushed the 44-year-old from the surgery center to the nearby Saint John's Health Center, where doctors performed a lifesaving blood transfusion.

Beverly Hills plastic surgeon Anthony Griffin, who did not treat Star, confirmed she must have been in grave danger for the clinic to make the 911 call.

He said: "The hospital was just across the street and they dialed 911 — that's extreme. They could have used a private ambulance or another vehicle. It means the patient had a good chance of dying."

Representatives for Star did not return our calls.

He said: "The hospital was just across the street and they dialed 911 — that's extreme. They could have used a private ambulance or another vehicle. It means the patient had a good chance of dying."

If it were THAT extreme and the hospital was just across the street, wouldn't it have been even quicker to just wheel her gurney across the street? This whole thing is so fake. Either that or her plastic surgeon is someone you should never go to for plastic surgery as obviously he/she isn't capable or equipped to handle an emergency. :rolleyes: I don't just want this woman on a plane to nowhere . . . I want her on a spaceship and off the planet completely!

Insiders are reporting that openly gay comic, Mario Cantone, is set to guest-host on The View sometime soon. Apparently, Mario is in the running to replace Meredith Viera. Yeah right, there's no way they will put an openly gay man next to Star Jones! If they do, she'll leave her husband for him!Sources on the show say that when Star Jones got wind of this, she flipped out! She can't stand Mario, because he tells it like it is! In his act, Mario talks openly about Al Reynolds being the gayest thing since ABBA!Star has threatened producers that if Mario is given the job, she's walking! Star's contract is also due to expire this year.Also in the running for Viera's spot is Kathie Lee Gifford, Connie Chung, Patricia Heaton and Soledad O'Brien.

Insiders are reporting that openly gay comic, Mario Cantone, is set to guest-host on The View sometime soon. Apparently, Mario is in the running to replace Meredith Viera. Yeah right, there's no way they will put an openly gay man next to Star Jones! If they do, she'll leave her husband for him!Sources on the show say that when Star Jones got wind of this, she flipped out! She can't stand Mario, because he tells it like it is! In his act, Mario talks openly about Al Reynolds being the gayest thing since ABBA!Star has threatened producers that if Mario is given the job, she's walking! Star's contract is also due to expire this year.Also in the running for Viera's spot is Kathie Lee Gifford, Connie Chung, Patricia Heaton and Soledad O'Brien.

Note to producers: Do it! DO it! DO IT!

I already posted this on "The View" thread in "Television Chatter," but I'm still so worked up that I thought I'd post it here as well.

Ok, I know there's always going to be some tension between strong-minded women with differing opinions, particularly on a show with a set-up like The View, but I think Joy remains somewhat funny when she's bitchy (at least most of the time), whereas Star crosses the line way too much.

Example: This past week they had Kelly Monaco and Eva Longoria on the show. We Tivo'd it for a friend who's obsessed with General Hospital and she came over to watch it yesterday. When the show started, Meredith explained that Elisabeth wasn't there because she had a burst pipe at her apartment and was dealing with that. All the girls were like, "Oh, that's horrible, you know how difficult that can be, we've all had that happen," etc. Star looked so insincere when she expressed her concern, but whatever. (Guess it's harder to hide emotion and lack thereof without all the chub on her face. *Slaps my own hand for being needlessly rude.*) Nobody was saying anything to move on, so Joy, making a joke, said "I think that happened to me at the gynecologist once." Ha ha, whatever. Whether you find her funny or not, people laughed and the girls were about to move on. Just as they're opening their mouths to move on, Star turns to Joy and says, "Yeah, you have had that once. That ectopic pregnancy you had. Burst tube, burst pipe, pretty similiar, huh?" Joy tried to smile and laugh it off (she kept her cool really well), and Barbara looked down kind of embarassed-like and then quickly moved on.

What the fuck??? I know they can get catty and attack each other's view points, and I know Joy was pretty short with Star when she called in to the show from the hospital a few weeks ago and the call ended somewhat less than friendly, but I see a big difference in the two situations: A few weeks ago, Star called in to talk about her medical issues and share her shit with all who would listen, and Joy was trying to shut her up because she, like many of us, are tired of hearing Star's bullshit and self-absorbed half-truths, and Star was going on and on and they had a show to do. Here, Star takes a funny moment and turns it into a jab at Joy about what was probably a very upsetting experience in her life. Yes, Joy obviously must have discussed this at some point with Star either in a private conversation or on the show, however I'm sure it was at a time when they were talking about reproductive issues or pregnancies or something a bit more serious, not during a time when people were making light-hearted jokes and warming up the show.

I think Star Jones is a self-centered, vindictive, cheap-ass bitch who thinks of no one but herself and Big Gay Al and I CAN'T WAIT to see Rosie chew her up and spit her out. Star knows that Joy is better at getting in the jabs, (jabs that most people actually enjoy), and so she's looking for any chance to strike back, whether it crosses the line or not.

Phew. So that's what it feels like to get it all out. Who knew i had a beef with Star Jones? Guess I've been holding that in longer than I realized. Must do it more often!

P.S.: And seriously, did anyone see those pics of Star on vacation a few months ago, reading her own book while she lounged by the pool? I guess she had to read all the sexual and romantic bullshit that she made up because that's the only way she gets a taste of it? Who reads their own book in public?!?! All that weight she lost must have gone right to her ego...

I was going to write a big rant about how much I cannot stand this idiot and how much I agree with every word you said cutielb99, and that Al is more interested in the back end of their family dog than he is in Star (who could blame him), then I saw that photo of her new pretty breasts and realized that a picture is worth a thousand words. UGH!Rosie, we're counting on you!

Edited by mf'smom

I'm speechless.The View is going to have fugly overload when Rosie O'Donnell joins the cast. She looks more and more like a mix between Boy George and a tomboyish version of Topanga from Boy Meets World, I'm debating whether or not she had a penis grafted on.We all know Star has one, why else would Big Gay Al be all over her. Good Lord, her breasts are horrifying. Looking at her chest is like watching bunnies being tortured.

What is the point of marrying a gay man if he lets you walk out the door looking like that?

Bravo, bitter! This is going into my favorite quote treasure trove and will be used appropriately.Posted Image

Yeah, Rosie's not a looker, but she certainly looked better than she does now when she was on a daily talk show... they put makeup on her and did her hair. Now that she's gotten all outspoken and political, perhaps she won't let them. However, if she does, this could be the best thing for her apearance in a while!

(((bitter))) LMFAO at your comment of gay man letting her leave the house looking like that!!! OMG!!! How funny. :lol:

I'm convinced that they hired Rosie to get rid of Star. I can't wait to watch it!

That was my first thought as well. If this doesn't knock Star down a ledge or two, nothing will. Maybe they could do a segment on mud wrestling the first show out and the producers could secretly arrange to have the two thrown into the mud p? Rosie would have so much fun!!

"

wicked, wicked. deliciously wicked :D

I already posted this on "The View" thread in "Television Chatter," but I'm still so worked up that I thought I'd post it here as well.

Ok, I know there's always going to be some tension between strong-minded women with differing opinions, particularly on a show with a set-up like The View, but I think Joy remains somewhat funny when she's bitchy (at least most of the time), whereas Star crosses the line way too much.

Example: This past week they had Kelly Monaco and Eva Longoria on the show. We Tivo'd it for a friend who's obsessed with General Hospital and she came over to watch it yesterday. When the show started, Meredith explained that Elisabeth wasn't there because she had a burst pipe at her apartment and was dealing with that. All the girls were like, "Oh, that's horrible, you know how difficult that can be, we've all had that happen," etc. Star looked so insincere when she expressed her concern, but whatever. (Guess it's harder to hide emotion and lack thereof without all the chub on her face. *Slaps my own hand for being needlessly rude.*) Nobody was saying anything to move on, so Joy, making a joke, said "I think that happened to me at the gynecologist once." Ha ha, whatever. Whether you find her funny or not, people laughed and the girls were about to move on. Just as they're opening their mouths to move on, Star turns to Joy and says, "Yeah, you have had that once. That ectopic pregnancy you had. Burst tube, burst pipe, pretty similiar, huh?" Joy tried to smile and laugh it off (she kept her cool really well), and Barbara looked down kind of embarassed-like and then quickly moved on.

What the fuck??? I know they can get catty and attack each other's view points, and I know Joy was pretty short with Star when she called in to the show from the hospital a few weeks ago and the call ended somewhat less than friendly, but I see a big difference in the two situations: A few weeks ago, Star called in to talk about her medical issues and share her shit with all who would listen, and Joy was trying to shut her up because she, like many of us, are tired of hearing Star's bullshit and self-absorbed half-truths, and Star was going on and on and they had a show to do. Here, Star takes a funny moment and turns it into a jab at Joy about what was probably a very upsetting experience in her life. Yes, Joy obviously must have discussed this at some point with Star either in a private conversation or on the show, however I'm sure it was at a time when they were talking about reproductive issues or pregnancies or something a bit more serious, not during a time when people were making light-hearted jokes and warming up the show.

I think Star Jones is a self-centered, vindictive, cheap-ass bitch who thinks of no one but herself and Big Gay Al and I CAN'T WAIT to see Rosie chew her up and spit her out. Star knows that Joy is better at getting in the jabs, (jabs that most people actually enjoy), and so she's looking for any chance to strike back, whether it crosses the line or not.

Phew. So that's what it feels like to get it all out. Who knew i had a beef with Star Jones? Guess I've been holding that in longer than I realized. Must do it more often!

P.S.: And seriously, did anyone see those pics of Star on vacation a few months ago, reading her own book while she lounged by the pool? I guess she had to read all the sexual and romantic bullshit that she made up because that's the only way she gets a taste of it? Who reads their own book in public?!?! All that weight she lost must have gone right to her ego...

My roommate, who watches The View more than I ever have, told me that I may have blown this out of proportion. Totally possible. However, it doesn't make me regret a thing that I said about Star...

Apparently Joy is very open about talking about her ectopic pregnancy and has brought it up several times. my roommate is not a regular viewer and she claims that she's heard Joy bring it up more than a few times. Joy never seems to get super-serious about anything, so perhaps she jokes around about it... she could have even been referring to it when she made the gynecologist comment. I have no clue.

However, Star's still hideous and I can't wait for Rosie to steam-roll her in September.

Edited by cutielb99