princess

Hilary Swank

HILARY: DUCK & COVER!

Page Six

November 7, 2006 -- STRIP-teasers can be dangerous. Just ask Hilary Swank, who was watching Scottish hunk Gerard Butler bump and grind for a scene in "P.S., I Love You," when one of his suspenders snapped and whacked her above the eye, opening a gash that required three stitches. "It was close," an insider told E! Online, which broke the story. "If she was hit just a little bit lower, it would have been a major eye injury." Oscar-winning Swank - playing a widow who discovers messages her late husband wrote her before he died - was back at work the next day on the set in New York.

Chad Lowe: I'll Always Love Hilary Swank

By Tim Nudd

Chad Lowe says he was upset his ex, Hilary Swank, talked publicly his substance-abuse problems, but he'll always love her.

"It has been a tough year and not something I expected. It's very humbling," Lowe tells TV's Extra in an interview airing Monday.

"I was disappointed that the details of our relationship became public," he says of Swank's interview in Vanity Fair over the summer, in which she talked about the toll his substance abuse problems took on their marriage.

But he admits that her comments "were absolutely true, absolutely true. I've been sober for three and a half years and very grateful for that."

Lowe, 38, and Swank, 32, announced their split in January after eight years of marriage and, after attempts at reconciliation, told PEOPLE in May there were divorcing.

More than anything, Lowe says, he was worried the Vanity Fair revelations would make Swank look like an uncaring wife. "I am so grateful to Hilary for her support of me in a very difficult time in my life three and a half years ago," he says. "What hurt me more than anything is that people would think that she wasn't there for me and she was."

He adds: "She was the love of my life, and that's not something you just shut off. I will always love her."

The actor also says he is "very open" to the idea of finding love again. "I take great solace in the fact that I know I am capable of really deep love," he says.

Lowe is currently promoting Beautiful Ohio, his first feature film as a director. He also joins the cast of 24 for the upcoming season.

STONEWALLED

Harry Connick Jr. and Hilary Swank take in the air up there with their coffee while filming their upcoming movie, the comedy P.S., I Love You, in New York's Battery Park on Monday.

Posted Image

Hilary Swank Says She Wants Kids

TUESDAY DECEMBER 05, 2006 08:15AM EST

By Stephen M. Silverman, People.com

She's not married, but she is dating, and the prospects are high for everything – including children, says Hilary Swank.

"I am to the point that I'm so optimistic that most people tag me as naïve," the double Oscar winner said at a press gathering to promote her new movie Fiction Writers.

Though she didn't talk about the new man in her life (she's been seeing her agent, John Campisi), Swank did say that being single is "a big change" after her eight years of marriage to actor Chad Lowe – and revealed that she'd like a family.

"I definitely would like kids someday," says Swank. "That's definitely something that I've always thought about as a very, very young girl."

She added, "I just love kids and that would be an important thing to happen for me someday … whenever the time is right."

In the new movie, Swank, 32, plays a schoolteacher whose career interferes with her marriage. Asked how this situation compared to her real-life relationship with Lowe, Swank said "From (my movie character) Erin's point of view … there's like a support that is missing, an enthusiasm that's missing."

She said that such a lack of support "kills you, because this person that is supposed to be in your life, sharing your life, who loves you supposedly more than anyone and is supposed to understand you more than anyone, is trying to bring you down when you already have enough of that out there in the world. … I think that people who are scared don't allow someone else to be fully realized."

For his part, Lowe has been a subject covered in Swank's interviews before, which hasn't always been happy about. In November he told PEOPLE that he was upset when Swank, talked publicly about his substance-abuse problems, but he'll always love her.

Hollywood PrivacyWatch Special Holiday Edition: An Accidental Chad Lowe Christmas

Defamer.com, 12.18.06

Posted Image

A reader shares this incredible and heartwarming tale from a Saturday night holiday party, which from this late December day forward we fully expect to be passed down through the generations like that story about the virgin, the baby in the manger, and the three rich guys who showed up with some presents (or, at the very least, like the one about the depressed bald kid with the sickly Christmas tree):

"Wow! Was at the home of good friends Ted & Sue for an annual Christmastime party last night (Saturday, December 16th). Was in the living room with 15 other guests when there was a knock at the front door. Someone shouted "come in" and none other than Chad Lowe opened the door and came inside. He immediately realized he was at the wrong party (no celebrities here, not even celebrities' spouses) and he said "I think we are at the wrong party!". He asked, "Is this Diane and Michael's house?" and some of us said no while some other cranks in the room shouted, "Yes, there in the back yard!" Really fun stuff for a whole minute as Chad tried to figure out where the fuck he was. Very nice and smiling, and apologetic upon discovering he was being teased. I glanced outside and caught sight of his companion, and lo it was NOT Hilary. Good luck Chad, we think you rock just the way you are!"

Although this story had a happy ending, with the wayward celebrity being sent on his way without first being forcibly detained and waterboarded with eggnog until he surrendered all of his Hollywood secrets (as would have happened if he'd showed up uninvited to the Defamer holiday event), we still can't help but feel badly for Lowe; how many more Christmas parties does he have to accidentally stumble into before people stop expecting him to be accompanied by Hilary Swank? We suspect he'll have to wander door-to-door with his date at least a few more times with that new ladyfriend before he finally establishes a holiday party identity separate from that of his more famous, double-Oscar-winning ex-wife.

Chad Lowe: I'll Always Love Hilary Swank

By Tim Nudd

Chad Lowe says he was upset his ex, Hilary Swank, talked publicly his substance-abuse problems, but he'll always love her.

"It has been a tough year and not something I expected. It's very humbling," Lowe tells TV's Extra in an interview airing Monday.

"I was disappointed that the details of our relationship became public," he says of Swank's interview in Vanity Fair over the summer, in which she talked about the toll his substance abuse problems took on their marriage.

But he admits that her comments "were absolutely true, absolutely true. I've been sober for three and a half years and very grateful for that."

Lowe, 38, and Swank, 32, announced their split in January after eight years of marriage and, after attempts at reconciliation, told PEOPLE in May there were divorcing.

More than anything, Lowe says, he was worried the Vanity Fair revelations would make Swank look like an uncaring wife. "I am so grateful to Hilary for her support of me in a very difficult time in my life three and a half years ago," he says. "What hurt me more than anything is that people would think that she wasn't there for me and she was."

He adds: "She was the love of my life, and that's not something you just shut off. I will always love her."

The actor also says he is "very open" to the idea of finding love again. "I take great solace in the fact that I know I am capable of really deep love," he says.

Lowe is currently promoting Beautiful Ohio, his first feature film as a director. He also joins the cast of 24 for the upcoming season.

I know it's People magazine and all, but I have to say that this little story makes Chad Lowe come off extremely well--gracious, forgiving, and intelligent. I rarely read comments about exes from high-profile people that seem this genuinely well intentioned. So either you go, Lowe, or you go publicist.

Hilary Swank Goes Public With Her New Relationship

After filing from divorce in May of this year from her husband, Chad Lowe, it seems Hilary Swank has found love again--and she's mixing business with pleasure. FemaleFirst.co.uk reports:

Newly-single actress Hilary Swank has confirmed she is dating her agent John Campisi. The Oscar-winning star filed for divorce from her husband of nine years Chad Lowe in May (06). Swank says, "I'm dating a great guy. You rely on your friends when you go through something so big. My friends are my family."

I know this is superficial and probably not in good taste (let's be honest, though--those are probably my best qualities) but congrats, Hilary, on winning the break-up, cause by finding someone to share the holidays with before your ex basically means that you win. As long as she can hold on to him till Valentine's Day, she can probably secure her lead through the Spring.

Swank Is Dating Her Agent. [FemaleFirst.co.uk]

Swank gets fail grade in "Freedom Writers"

Intriguing glimpses into the lives of poor, disadvantaged, racially divided kids in contemporary American society get waylaid in "Freedom Writers" as it becomes a 21st century redo of "Blackboard Jungle."

Because the film is based on a real-life high school English class in Long Beach, Calif., whose teacher is played by two-time Oscar winner Hilary Swank, this undoubtedly was a foolproof way to get a commercially risky subject developed and greenlighted. But it ill serves the original material, a published collection of journal entries by at-risk students written over several years that explain and explore their lives, fears and aspirations.

So the Hollywood development process has produced a movie at war with itself. On one hand, this is a Hilary Swank vehicle with undue focus on the mundane problems -- at least compared to the high drama in her students' lives -- of a neophyte teacher. On the other, there are these students starting to make connections between their lives and the lives of others through introspective writing.

The film does boast inspired moments and fine performances from its young actors, but Swank marches through the story with a curiously inappropriate grin on her face. No teacher in America could possibly smile this often. Never once do you see the iron in the character that enables her to cope and connect with such challenging students.

The Swank imprimatur might boost the urban drama's box office potential into the $25 million-$30 million range, which considering its modest budget would be a success.

According to this movie, written and directed by Richard LaGravenese, Erin Gruwell (Swank) comes to Wilson High School after the Rodney King riots, much like Alice the day she fell down that rabbit hole. Brimming with self-confidence over her lesson plans and holding a concept of inner-city youths that can charitably be called naive, Erin is shocked by the blatant disrespect, racism and hostility exhibited by her students.

Remarkably, she quickly turns into a savvy teacher with seemingly years of experience. She turns a racist classroom drawing into a brilliant teaching aid and instinctively realizes that reading "The Diary of Anne Frank" will hugely impact her students' outlooks. Before you know it, her class is one big rainbow coalition/summer camp love-in. Only in the margins do the students share their lives with viewers -- abuse, broken homes, drive-bys, drugs and racism are everyday challenges. Strangely but presumably to maintain a PG-13 rating, the film never touches on the teens' sexual activity.

The key student is Eva, played by April Lee Hernandez with a bitter scowl darkening her strikingly beautiful face. Indeed, the film starts off as if she were the central figure before the focus shifts to her teacher, then fragments into a classwide diffusion. Yet her dilemma -- as a Latina caught up in gang culture who faces a moral decision about testifying in court against one of "her own" -- is the on-and-off central thread of the film.

Other glancing though effective performances come from Jason Finn as a young man living on the street, Grammy-nominated Mario as a teen coping with his brother's travails in the legal system, Hunter Parrish as a white youth ostracized from all camps and Jaclyn Ngan as a Cambodian survivor of a refugee camp.

Far too much time is spent with Erin and her naysayers: the husband (Patrick Dempsey) who sulks nightly over red wine when she comes home late, an ex-civil rights champion father (Scott Glenn) who now scorns ghetto youths and a jealous fellow teacher (Imelda Staunton) who has several "Captain Queeg" moments that betray her utter contempt for the students.

Production values are sharp with a fine use of contemporary music and smart cinematography. But the film is both too short and too long at two hours-plus. Not enough time is spent with the teens and far too much with their teacher.

Reuters/Hollywood Reporter

^^ I find it absolutely fabulous that Hilary Swank is stinking up this movie. I hate what this bitch exposed about her ex-husband and hope she gets all the bad karma she so richly deserves. I'm REALLY hoping her career hits rock bottom and she is found begging for a spot on Celebrity Big Brother with Lindsey Lohan and Britney Spears by 2008.

I was watching Leno last night and she was on. I don't like her either, especially after the whole thing with Chad. However, by the end of the interview, she grew on me. It was an extremely long segment (per Leno standards) and she was funny, witting, charming and down-to-earth.

I am easily swayed - so she is back in my favor ;)

I was watching Leno last night and she was on. I don't like her either, especially after the whole thing with Chad. However, by the end of the interview, she grew on me. It was an extremely long segment (per Leno standards) and she was funny, witting, charming and down-to-earth.

I am easily swayed - so she is back in my favor ;)

I still find it amazing that she's won two Oscars. Granted, she was amazing in Boys Don't Cry, but in my opinion she's been terrible in everything else I've seen her in.

I saw her on Leno too. I still think she is a two-faced self-serving bitch.

Great photo of two horses snorting:

I reuploaded the pic because it wasn't loading in the message.

Posted Image

Edited by TubaGirl

From imdb.com today...

Swank Set To Sell Off Freebie Collection

Double Oscar winner Hilary Swank has vowed to give away the freebies she's picked up at awards shows in recent years as her leading New Year's resolution. The actress feels awful taking home gift bags because when she was a struggling actress she was so broke she had to buy outfits for auditions and take them back to the store the next day. She says, "Now, I'm getting all these free things thrown at me and it's so strange. My New Year's resolution is to get rid of some stuff because I bring it in and I can't get rid of it. With my background, and how I grew up; I didn't grow up with a lot of stuff and now I just have this terrible thing." Swank isn't the only celebrity sparking a backlash against the freebies handed out at awards shows - Edward Norton is campaigning to get gift baskets banned at leading awards ceremonies. In a recent TV interview, he revealed, "A lot of us have talked to the Academy Awards producers about this and I think they're actually going to scuttle the gift baskets and that kind of stuff. I mean the gift baskets, worth amounts of money that a low income family could live on for a year, (are given to) people who have so much already. It gets depressing."

There is just something about her that seems off.. or fake. I have a hard time looking at her, especially after the way she spilled the beans on Chad Lowe.

And that girl should NEVER (and I mean NEVER) wear bangs... between the horse face and teeth and now the bangs. Ugh! Doesn't she have a stylist or gay friends?

Walk of Fame Has Swank New Resident

Posted Jan 8th 2007 2:00PM by TMZ Staff

Filed under: Movies, Awards/Awards Shows

Mr. Miyagi would be proud.

One time "Karate Kid" turned Oscar-winning actress Hilary Swank was honored with a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame today. The two-time Academy Award winner has definitely come a long way since her role as "Julie Pierce" in "The Next Karate Kid" -- something one fan was quick to note at the ceremony.

Though she'd probably like to forget those days (as well as her turn as a single mom on "Beverly Hills 90210"), Swank was ecstatic about her star. In old-Hollywood style, she even signed photos for fans after the unveiling.

I read somewhere (answer B!tch Eonline.com?) that says that Celebs basically pay to have a star on the walk of fame. Did she have to pay double?

Triple I think.

Hilary Swank received a star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame earlier this week. These are actually paid for by the stars, their agents, or a production company of an upcoming movie. Some ‘fame’ requirements do have to be met though.

Posted Image

From bumpshack.com

Hilary Swank Flying Solo

In a recent interview with InStyle Magazine, Hilary Swank talked about the fact that her divorce from husband, Chad Lowe, has left her living by herself for the first time in her life. People reports:

Swank's independence has also translated into an international adventure that has included performing charity work in India, vacationing on Italy's Lake Como, and acting in three movies one after the other, according to the magazine.

Not that being peripatetic keeps her from being domestic. "I love Italian food and I make my own pasta," she says. It also does not mean she is alone. As PEOPLE first reported in September, Swank is keeping company with her talent agent, John Campisi, who reportedly is also going through his own divorce.

"I'm in a relationship with a great guy who's not a public person," she tells InStyle, "and I want to respect that. But, yes, I am in a relationship."

In addition to the information I gleaned from that article about Hilary Swank, I also learned that the people who blog for "People" are a hell of a lot smarter than me. (See peripatetic.)

Hilary Swank was too cool for school

In "Freedom Writers," Hilary Swank inspires troubled kids, but in real life, Swank couldn't find that inspiration, and dropped out of high school. :D

By Jeannette Walls

MSNBC

Hilary Swank is facing some tough questions about her latest movie role as an inspirational high school teacher — because the Academy Award-winning actress was a high-school dropout.

The star of “Freedom Writers” addressed the potential controversy while promoting the flick, which is based on a true story.

“I’m not proud to say I’m a high-school dropout,” admitted Swank. “I’m not proud that that’s something that happened, but it happened. I think school is really, really important and we have an education problem in this country and it’s a shame. It’s a shame for any kid to feel hopeless about their future.”

Swank says that unlike the inner city kids depicted in “Freedom Writers,” she never felt hopeless about her future because her mother was always supportive. Her biggest problem with school was all the rules — and that she talked too much.

“It was kind of the relentless, ‘Stop talking, Hilary. You’ve got to stop talking,’” the actress said. “On the report cards it said, ‘Hilary will not stop talking. She’s a jabbermouth.’ That kind of thing.”

Hilary Swank was too cool for school

In "Freedom Writers," Hilary Swank inspires troubled kids, but in real life, Swank couldn't find that inspiration, and dropped out of high school. :D

Swank says that unlike the inner city kids depicted in “Freedom Writers,” she never felt hopeless about her future because her mother was always supportive. Her biggest problem with school was all the rules — and that she talked too much.

“It was kind of the relentless, ‘Stop talking, Hilary. You’ve got to stop talking,’” the actress said. “On the report cards it said, ‘Hilary will not stop talking. She’s a jabbermouth.’ That kind of thing.”

That is the stupiest reason i have ever heard for dropping out of school.. This woman should just keep her mouth shut.

RAPPERS DELIGHT

Common, Hilary Swank and will.i.am find some common ground Thursday while promoting their film Freedom Writers on MTV's TRL. The Black Eyed Peas bandmate, who provided the film's score, offered high praise for Swank's performance: "She was so good in the movie that after the premiere, I thought she was a teacher."

Posted Image

Hilary Who?

HILARY Swank didn't get a regal reception when she arrived at the Golden Globes Monday night. The limo carrying the star and her boyfriend, CAA Agent John Campsi, tried to pull up in front of the Beverly Hilton to drop her off but was stopped by security. Spies say a guard admonished the driver for not having the right credentials and refused to let Swank pass. She tried leaning her head out the window to show who she was, and asked politely to be let through, but "the guards didn't recognize her and refused," we're told. So Swank and Campsi got out and found another limo to pick them up. But before Swank got in, she turned to the security goon and "flipped him off."

Hilary Who?

HILARY Swank didn't get a regal reception when she arrived at the Golden Globes Monday night. The limo carrying the star and her boyfriend, CAA Agent John Campsi, tried to pull up in front of the Beverly Hilton to drop her off but was stopped by security. Spies say a guard admonished the driver for not having the right credentials and refused to let Swank pass. She tried leaning her head out the window to show who she was, and asked politely to be let through, but "the guards didn't recognize her and refused," we're told. So Swank and Campsi got out and found another limo to pick them up. But before Swank got in, she turned to the security goon and "flipped him off."

That's not sciencelogy of her to do that.