Sign in to follow this  
princess

Prince William

rosiedemario

Prince Will and Kate's starter home?

The flat waste ground at the end of a once grand driveway may not look much now. But it will soon boast a mansion fit for a King - or even a future King and his bride. According to locals in this small corner of Herefordshire, the neo-Georgian manor house planned for this site is to be Prince William's new home after he marries.

As speculation grows in society circles that William will announce his engagement to long-term girlfriend Kate Middleton at the end of his Sandhurst training in six months' time, many in the Wye Valley have no such doubts.

'This estate is for William and his wife,' said one. 'We all know it and it will be perfect for them.'

There is little doubt that something special is happening on the 900-acre estate in prime countryside between Monmouth and Ross-on-Wye. For more than a year, a team of artisans, builders and restorers has been working on Harewood End, bought by the Duchy of Cornwall six years ago along with 11,000 additional acres of land.

Once one of the finest estates in the county, Harewood - not far from Prince Charles's Highgrove Estate in Gloucestershire - had been reduced to a sad, crumbling collection of dilapidated farmhouses, cottages and barns. Parkland and formal terraces had been lost under farmland, and the Georgian mansion house - last of a line of grand houses on the site dating from 1324 - was left to rot and finally demolished after serving as target practice for the SAS. An ugly suburban bungalow had replaced its classical outline. [Daily Mail]

Thanks to Floh for the tip!

Hm. Well, he's definitely not getting any cuter. The horsey big-ear genes finally kicked in, after years of blessed gorgeousness. Harry's going through the cute phase now.

I'd do him. I think he's still really hot, and then add that nice bod and the accent...well, you've got something pretty darned intriguing. :)

:unsure: He's not that hot. Harry on the other hand, :o Redheads do it for me :D

Princes Lash Out Over Diana Death Photos

FRIDAY JULY 14, 2006 04:00PM EST

people.com

Princes William and Harry lashed out on Friday at an Italian magazine that published taboo photographs of their mother Princess Diana dying in the wreckage of a Paris car crash.

"We feel deeply saddened that such a low has been reached," the two princes said in a rare statement.

"Despite the support shown to us and our mother's memory by so many people over the last eight years, we feel that, as her sons, we would be failing in our duty to her now if we did not protect her, as she once did us.

"Therefore, we appeal to all forms of media throughout the world to appreciate fully that publishing such material causes great hurt to us, our father, our mother's family and all those who so loved and respected her."

Milan-based magazine Chi defended its decision to run the photo, which showed Diana slumped and dying in the mangled Mercedes moments after it slammed into a tunnel at high speed, killing her, her lover and their driver.

A spokesman for the magazine said, "There is nothing voyeuristic or disrespectful in all this. It is just an attempt to get closer to the truth of a drama that is still wrapped in too much mystery and too many lies."

British tabloids, which once revelled in covering every twist in Diana's tortured lovelife, had refrained from publishing pictures of her death, maintaining that taboo throughout the nearly nine years since the crash.

They united on Friday in condemning Chi.

"Shame On You" thundered The Sun, which reprinted the photo in Chi but blanked out the image of Diana. "Outrage at Picture of Dying Diana in Magazine," declared the Daily Express.

The fury of the tabloids was ironic to some.

"There is no doubting the double standards of the British media," leading publicist Max Clifford told Reuters. "There is a huge public interest and if they are not horrendous images, I cannot get myself as stirred up as they seem to be."

AT HER MAJESTY'S SERVICE

Prince William takes walking the line seriously during a parade at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst in Surrey, U.K., where the 24-year-old royal is carrying on the family tradition of military service.

Posted Image

Liz Smith, 8.17.06:PRINCE WILLIAM is known for his prowess on the ski slopes, the polo field and . . . elsewhere. But he has another talent. He juggles. No, no, I don't mean that endless stream of well-connected beauties who dream of being queen. He really juggles - oranges, balls, etc. He learned this trick from a former equerry to his late great-granny, the Queen Mother. I suppose if he ever renounces his fate - King of England - he can join Monaco's Princess Stephanie, who was last spotted running off to the circus.

WHAT A RACKET

Page Six

August 21, 2006 -- PRINCE William has some low-born habits. The rascally British royal was playing tennis with a friend at a private estate near Highgrove last week and "started cursing up a storm after every stroke," chuckled our spy. "Every other word was an expletive." But, our English earwitness also adds, "It could have just served as a distraction to his opponent - which it was - because he won the match." No word on whether his girlfriend, Kate Middleton, was around, but we're sure she wouldn't have minded. Pals say she is a "down-to-earth" girl.

THE PEOPLE'S PRINCE

Prince William brings his royal touch to the people Wednesday at St. Mary's Hospital in London. The 24-year-old returned to the hospital where he was born to open a neo-natal ward.

Posted Image

BABE IN ARMS

Prince William practices his cradling skills Wednesday at London's St. Mary's Hospital, where he helped open the Winnicott Baby Unit. While the prince looks comfortable with his young friend, fatherhood isn't in his immediate future. He tells PEOPLE, "I don't know about that. Not yet."

Posted Image

My husband did and shaved his head (he had a lot less hair at age 26 than Will has -he's what, 24?) I still think Prince William is a hottie, but then, I'm biased in favor of men losing their hair, I suppose. As long as he doesn't do any wacky combovers or anything -_-

Poor guy. It's tough to be going bald in your early-mid 20s!

I realize that his hair is super-short for Sandhurst, but I don't understand why he's not on Propecia. It really works and he certainly can afford it.

Poor guy. It's tough to be going bald in your early-mid 20s!

I think that "Hi, I'm the heir to the British throne..." is a pick-up line that offsets all sorts of physical issues (peanut head, loss of hair, etc)

Posted Image

Is it just me, or does he have a big peanut shaped head?

Lol, I think it's just an unfortunate pic but ah, who cares, he pretty much rocks. He seems so genuine I can certainly forgive him a little balding and a peanut head. ;) It doesn't really matter imo. A nice person is a nice person. He does a lot of good and it's a lot of responsibility for him even now. He seems as if he is able to cope with pressures and press calls and still has fun. :lol:

Edited by GimmeSumSugar

I definitely agree! He seems like a good egg and I am a fan. He appears to be quite bright, not too big a partier, adores his pretty and somewhat down-to-earth girlfriend, does a lot of charity work... He seems to have inherited his mother's emotional side and his dad's seriousness, which is a lovely combination.

However, ince this is a superficial gossip board and I must put in my superficial 2 cents' worth, I feel bad for the kid that he's balding in the public spotlight, and hope he finds a way to make it work for him - like shaving his head - rather than merely looking dorkish like his uncle Eddy.

the cover of the newest star or enquirer is saying he has a tumor on his cheek - the "evidence" might just have been the angle at which the photo was taken...I will try to find

William and Harry's Double Date

By Simon Perry

Originally posted Monday June 09, 2008 08:15 AM EDT

Princes William and Harry proved that they're a hit with the ladies – by taking their girlfriends on a double date to a boxing match.

William's girlfriend Kate Middleton, 26, winced and appeared squeamish as one of their best friends, James "The Badger" Meade, took a whack in a charity fight Saturday night.

With the prince, 25, opting to stand on a chair at his table, his girlfriend of five years (wearing an Issa dress) caught the action ringside. Unfortunately, their shouts of "Badger, Badger" failed to spur Meade to victory in his bout.

Meanwhile, double-daters Harry, 23, and Chelsy Davy, 22, sat at an adjoining table, alongside Holly Branson, the daughter of Virgin tycoon Sir Richard.

William's table included Jessica "Jecca" Craig – who has been linked with the prince in the past, and was there to support her boyfriend Hugh "The Hitman" Crossley. (There seemed no animosity between Middleton and Craig, who were spotted chatting happily).

A Perfect Evening

The fights were part of the Boodles Boxing Ball, an evening of entertainment benefiting the Starlight charity, which grants wishes for terminally and seriously ill children. After dinner, cystic fibrosis sufferer Bianca Nicolas got her wish to sing live in front of a live audience – and she got to have a private chat with William, too.

"It was a perfect evening – it had a bit of everything," organizer Charlie Gilkes told PEOPLE. "It all started quite calmly and quite serious. But when the boxing started it turned raucous."

The close-to-800 guests (who coughed up $200 a ticket) then danced until 3 a.m. to the DJ Rusty Egan.

The next day, Harry took to the polo field in Cirencester, Gloucestershire – with Davy cheering him on from a blue gazebo tent. (The two split briefly last November, but reunited after Harry's tour of duty in Afghanistan.) Alas, Harry's Umbogo team lost to Laird.

The event, sponsored by The Dorchester hotel, benefited two of Harry's favorite causes: Sentebale and MapAction. It also benefited a charity established in honor of a late friend, Henry van Straubenzee.

• Reporting by MONIQUE JESSEN

Prince William Set to Propose to Kate Middleton?

By Stephen M. Silverman

Wednesday April 07, 2010 11:10 AM EDT

people.com

What has long been a royal whisper – that Prince William is prepping to pop the question to Kate Middleton – is now a roar so loud that the Palace is seeking to quell it, reports CNN and, as can be imagined, nearly every newspaper in the U.K.

"We don't comment on speculation," CNN was told by William's official residence, Clarence House, while Britain's Telegraph reported that a spokesman for St. James's Palace declined to comment, and quoted a source as saying that any suggestion of Buckingham Palace's preparing for November nuptials was "wide of the mark."

But even so, America's Today show also joined the royal wedding bandwagon, zeroing in on journalist Tina Brown's Daily Beast report of Tuesday, in which she cites June 3 and 4 as being "mysteriously blocked out" on the Palace calendar, possibly for the announcement of an engagement – with the Prince, 27, and Middleton, 28, then tying the knot in November.

And, while the royal family's engagements are generally not publicized this far in advance, a source was happy to tell PEOPLE on Wednesday that Queen Elizabeth and Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh, will be making an official visit to Plymouth, southwest England, on one of those days, June 3.

Diaries (of what Americans call calendars) of leading royals, mainly Prince William, have not been cleared in order to provide the opportunity to announce an engagement, a royal source says. The prince, who turns 28 in June, will be on a training course in Wales for his career as a search and rescue helicopter pilot on the days that were put up as the likely timing of the engagement “announcement.” William is currently doing some training at a base in Cornwall, but soon will relocate back to RAF Valley, in North Wales.

While on the subject, the Beast also shoots down any idea of St. Paul's Cathedral serving as the setting for the wedding, so as not to have Middleton vie with the memory of Princess Diana's bridal splendor. Also likely to be nixed: St. George's Chapel at Windsor Castle, where Charles and Camilla got hitched in 2005.

Posted Image

Prince William and Kate Middleton Are Practically Family

Update Thursday April 22, 2010 11:45 AM EDT

Originally posted Thursday April 22, 2010 08:30 AM EDT

people.com

They may not be engaged yet – but Prince William and longtime girlfriend Kate Middleton already are practically family.

During a recent lunch at a ski resort in the French Alps, an observer witnessed William and Middleton sharing a very chummy lunch with her parents. Says the onlooker: "William was clearly very close to Kate's father, and every time he spoke to him, William replied, 'Yes, Dad.' "

So, when will an engagement happen?

Oddsmakers are wagering 1 to 2 that Prince William will pop the question soon. "We've seen quite a bit of money, suggesting an engagement is imminent," says Nick Weinberg, a spokesman for the betting house Ladbrokes.

And while nobody knows for sure whether a proposal will happen in June, as some online reports have suggested, someone close to William says the engagement is "a given. It's just a question of when."