Sign in to follow this  
princess

Sheryl Crow

I read the Vanity Fair article on her recently and if I remember right, she said her cancer was caught early enough that she only had to have radiation, not chemo. I know from family members who have had it that radiation, while not a picnic, isn't nearly as hard on a person as chemo is.

Thanks, Willy, for the reply. I was wondering how she could go on tour again so quickly.

I read the Vanity Fair article on her recently and if I remember right, she said her cancer was caught early enough that she only had to have radiation, not chemo. I know from family members who have had it that radiation, while not a picnic, isn't nearly as hard on a person as chemo is.

Even if they caught it early I am surprise that her oncologist did not suggest having chemo. While it is not a day at the beach the type I had was doable. I worked 40 hours a week and took care of my six month old daughter. Mine was caught early also but since I was 36 my oncologist wanted to give me a little bit of fighting power.

Even if they caught it early I am surprise that her oncologist did not suggest having chemo. While it is not a day at the beach the type I had was doable. I worked 40 hours a week and took care of my six month old daughter. Mine was caught early also but since I was 36 my oncologist wanted to give me a little bit of fighting power.
Sounds like you're doing OK? I hope so. Just having a 6-month old child without fighting anything is a difficult task. Much harder when you have so much on your plate. Good for you.

Larry King and His Dubiously Brown Hair Interviews Sheryl Crow

Us Weekly

We always thought that Larry King Live was, well, you know, live. So we don’t quite understand how CNN has a pre-taped interview with Sheryl Crow, but they do (something about the Middle East and breaking news and pushing it to a later date). So we have a sneak preview of her interview from the show — scheduled to run next August 23 — in which Sheryl, age 44, talks with Larry King, age infinity, about surviving cancer, her breakup with Lance Armstrong, and dating again.

Crow on discovering she had breast cancer right after breaking up with Armstrong:

KING: “Did he offer to come right to you?”

CROW: “Yeah, he was one of the first people I spoke to about it and clearly it was a complicated situation and the one person I would have loved to have gone to was the one person who knows more about cancer than probably anybody that I know.

“But there was a big conflict there for me and I was at a point in my life where I really needed to have people around me who could really be there unconditionally, who I could trust to be there and they were my family and my very, very closest friends and people really rallied and although - even though that was really unfortunate and very, very difficult for me, it was necessary.”

KING: “Was it unfriendly, the breakup?”

CROW: “No, not at all.”

KING: “Are you friends now?”

CROW: “I haven’t seen him in a long time. But I think, yeah, I think so… I have great respect for him and a deep, deep love and we just - like I said a thousand times, we’re just different places in our lives.

KING: One other thing I’ll ask you and I won’t bug you again. How did you react to the doping allegation?

CROW: “Oh, you know, I can’t even step back in time and talk about all that stuff.”

KING: “Did it shocked you that it’s even alleged?”

CROW: “I have to tell you, I have not had my nose in that world in a long, long time. I haven’t.”

Crow on her cancer diagnosis:

KING: “Did you ever say during this cancer thing, why me?”

CROW: “Gosh, I didn’t really…I think I was just in so much shock and I was trying to get through the whole experience. Not just the cancer but the whole experience and really get through it. Not make myself busy and put it away and deal with it later because I think when you do that you really don’t ever heal yourself.

“I really wanted to work my life through this process and be present for it and it’s difficult to say why me when I’ve known so many people who have fought a really hard fight with cancer. So I’m going to come out of this and I’m going to be OK and I have a message to share with young people about their bodies and about cancer.

“It’s difficult for me to say, ‘Why me?’ when I knew I was going to live.”

Crow on her radiation treatment:

CROW: “I have minimal scars. I have a scar in both areolas and it’s interesting because I got a couple different opinions because I thought I was going to be treated in Nashville and everyone thought the doctor that worked on me was just - she was an artist, she was fantastic so I don’t think you can actually even tell that I’ve had a lumpectomy.”

Crow on dating again:

KING: “Are you dating again?”

CROW: “I am. Terrifying.”

KING: “Anybody you like?”

CROW: “Yeah. Yeah.”

KING: “Aw, that’s good news.”

CROW: “It is good news, you know.”

Nice. Classy interview. She doesn't trash Lance. She doesn't give information about who she's dating. Hilary Swank and Teri Hatcher should take note...

AXE TO GRIND

Sheryl Crow soaks up the audience appreciation during the first of a two-night stand at Denver's Red Rocks Amphitheatre on Monday. The singer has been coheadlining a U.S. tour with John Mayer.

Posted Image

Laura Dern kept a straight face as Sheryl Crow pinched her butt during an interview last week. Dern, who was defending celebrities who voice political views, was at Aerin Lauder's luncheon in Beverly Hills to celebrate Gwyneth Paltrow's "Pleasures" bath and body line. "I think it's odd that there's a slight issue about Hollywood and causes. For any of us who have been given the opportunity to speak — why not utilize it to speak about what's important?"

SHE'S GOTTA CROW

Page Six

October 18, 2006 -- SHERYL Crow had a lot to be thankful for yesterday at the Breast Cancer Research Foun dation luncheon in the packed Waldorf ball room. Not only is Crow alive and cancer-free after early detection, she avoided a mastectomy: "If you've been following pop music, you all know how important cleavage is in my line of work - more important than your voice." Mar isa Acocella Marchetto, the cartoonist honored for her brilliant new graphic memoir, "Cancer Vixen," showed a panel of herself confronting the Grim Reaper saying, "Cancer, I'm going to kick your butt, and I'm going to do it with 5-inch heels." Marchetto thanked Evelyn Lauder, "the patron saint of breast cancer pa tients," for raising the awareness that saved her life.

Bicycle built for two?

Are Lance Armstrong and Sheryl Crow back in tandem?

The two had a messy split a year ago, but reportedly got together recently and are so friendly, that some are predicting they’ll start dating again.

Armstrong and Crow were spotted in Solvang, California, in a restaurant they used to visit when they were a couple, according to Star. The two reportedly stayed at the Royal Scandinavian Inn.

“I saw Sheryl in the lobby with Lance but she was only here for one night,” an inn staffer told the tab.

The source wouldn’t confirm whether the pair shared a room, but did reveal that in the past years, they booked separate rooms “for appearance’s sake,” and possibly to avoid detection.

Another source told Star that Crow was merely visiting members of the discovery Channel Pro Cycling Team, and Armstrong was there to lend support to his former team, which practices there.

But yet another insider says that the singer and the cyclist have become “extremely close” — but insists that as for now, they’re “just friends.”

Crow Flies On

SHERYL Crow may not be single much longer. Eagle-eyed spies caught the singer enjoying a cozy dinner with Hank Azaria and Patricia Arquette at the Tower Bar on Friday.

Azaria and Crow, dumped last year by Lance Armstrong, seemed to have eyes only for each other. Armstrong, meanwhile, was down the street in a Chateau Marmont bar with his new girlfriend, designer Tory Burch.

Source NY Post

Sheryl Crow: 'I'm Looking for a Cowboy'

By Wendy Grossman

Things didn't work out between Sheryl Crow and Austin native Lance Armstrong, but the singer is still optimistic about the Lone Star state.

"My sister said I needed to come out here and just say it: I'm looking for a cowboy," she told a rodeo crowd on Wednesday. "I'm not giving up on Texas – yet."

Amid cheers at the Houston Livestock and Rodeo Show, Crow then launched into her hit "Are You Strong Enough to Be My Man." Mid-way through the song she hollered, "Anybody up for the job?"

The past year has been emotional for the Missouri-born Crow, 45, who split with Armstrong in February and was diagnosed with breast cancer that same month (she has since successfully completed treatment).

"This is a real special night," she told the crowd on Wednesday, "because this time last year I got diagnosed with breast cancer and we couldn't come and we were so disappointed."

Crow cancelled her performance at the 2006 rodeo after undergoing surgery. In a show of support, fellow breast cancer survivor Melissa Etheridge played at the event instead.

Wednesday's event had a "Paint the Rodeo Pink" theme in honor of the battle against breast cancer. Vendors sold pink cowboy hats with awareness ribbons on the brim – and Crow urged the audience to join the fight.

"We appreciate you wearing your pink," she said. "I know cowboys don't normally wear pink – but real cowboys can get away with it."

Crow entered the rodeo ring on her own horse, a black and white-spotted Tennessee Walking Horse that reared on cue. She rode around the ring waving to the crowd before her horse extended its front left leg and bowed deeply.

"My horse, Lady C, she's not used to all these spotlights – she's new in the world of rock and roll," Crow said when she took the stage, thanking trainers at the Red Horse Ranch. "That was our first rodeo experience with Lady C – one of these days, I'm gonna be paying Lady C to open up for [me]."

Crow played a few songs before making an unexpected announcement. "I'd like to bring Kid Rock out," she said, prompting excited gasps from the audience. "But he's just not here tonight, so we'll have to do this one without him."

Instead, she sang "Picture," her duet with Rock, with bass player Tim Smith – and proved she's no Ashlee Simpson. Forgetting the words to "Soak up the Sun," Crow quipped: "That, ladies and gentlemen, is how you know it's live – when you screw up the lyrics. No lip-synching here."

Afterward, she left the rodeo in suitable style – driving away in a red Mustang convertible.

Sheryl Crow Criticizes Tabloids, Reality TV

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sheryl Crow is urging cancer sufferers to stop reading tabloids and gossip magazines - because the negativity contained inside hampers recovery.

The singer/songwriter, who battled breast cancer a year ago, found her own circumstances changed when she stopped picking up the supermarket magazines, in which she regularly features.

She tells the upcoming issue of Ladies Home Journal, "Don't waste time reading those trashy celebrity magazines. Every third person has one of those magazines open on planes.

Feed your body good things, but also feed your mind. It sets a strange precedent for us to laugh at people so we can supposedly feel better about ourselves. It's strangely exhilarating, like taking a hit of a crack pipe.

"I read one of those mags during radiation and it was so offensive, I haven't picked one up since. It's the same with reality TV. I say, 'Eat salmon and not a Big Mac, read something that will expand your mind and not tabloids. You'll feel better and be a lot happier."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Eat salmon and not a Big Mac

She totally crossed a line here! I cannot think of an occasion when salmon would make me happier than a Big Mac. I just don't know how I can support some one who feels this way.... ;)

Sheryl Crow is urging cancer sufferers to stop reading tabloids and gossip magazines - because the negativity contained inside hampers recovery.

"I read one of those mags during radiation and it was so offensive, I haven't picked one up since. It's the same with reality TV. I say, 'Eat salmon and not a Big Mac, read something that will expand your mind and not tabloids. You'll feel better and be a lot happier."

Um, yeah, Sheryl, I think most people know that a healthy diet, exercise and reading a good book does wonders for you and they didn't even have to get cancer to figure that out. :rolleyes:

(People.com)

Sheryl Crow 'Rooting for' Elizabeth Edwards :)

By Susan Mandel

Breast cancer survivor Sheryl Crow is rooting for Elizabeth Edwards, who recently revealed that her own cancer has returned, the singer tells PEOPLE.

The two women spoke on the phone Tuesday, according to Crow, who told Edwards: "We are rooting for her, we are praying for her, our love goes out to her and her family at this time."

Crow, who was in Washington, D.C., Wednesday to help promote legislation that would create a national strategy to research the links between the disease and the environment, tells PEOPLE that Edwards called her. "[she] said how much what we were doing here today meant to her," says Crow. "I feel like she's really brought it home for us."

On the subject of cancer, Crow, 45, who underwent a lumpectomy and six and a half weeks of radiation last year, says, "It's around us at all times. It's entering in our homes. It's in our families. And none of us go untouched by breast cancer. Having her support in this, I really feel makes it even more urgent."

The singer-songwriter's D.C. visit was to join Democratic Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid of Nevada, who introduced a bill that "would help to identify the role of the environment in the development of breast cancer so we may learn more about this complex illness, including ways to prevent, treat and ultimately cure it," he said in a press statement.

"Sheryl Crow's personal story of breast cancer survival offers hope to women across the country and in Nevada, and now Congress has the opportunity to offer hope through this important legislation," Reid added.

(Pagesix.com)

Packing Tusks For Luck

SHERYL Crow sur prised the No. 2 Demo crat in the Senate, Asst. Majority Leader Dick Durbin, when she showed up at his office on Capitol Hill last week wearing an elephant hanging from her neck. "Oh, no, it's not a political statement - it's a Buddhist symbol for good luck," the singer explained. Crow wanted luck because she was lobbying for the Breast Cancer Environmental Bill with Revlon owner Ronald Perelman, who sponsored a reception that night. Bipartisanship filled the air as House Majority Leader Steny Hoyer chatted with House rival Rep. Eric Cantor, and former Dem Senator Bob Kerrey talked to GOP Rep. Peter King.

Crow 'most unlucky in love'

Posted Image

SHERYL Crow has been voted the most unlucky in love female in Hollywood.

The All I Wanna Do singer beat Jennifer Aniston, the ex-wife of Brad Pitt, to the unwanted title.

Crow, 45, said: "I don't want to spend the rest of my life alone. That's the only true fear I have."

The singer has previously dated guitarist Eric Clapton, actor Owen Wilson, Pamela Anderson's ex-husband Kid Rock and was engaged to cycling legend Lance Armstrong.

Jennifer took second place following her much publicised failed marriage to Brad and her recent split from The Break-Up co-star Vince Vaughn.

Cameron Diaz also featured on the list after failed romances with Matt Dillon, Jared Leto and Justin Timberlake.

Tyra Banks and Mariah Carey were also considered to be unlucky in love.

Banks has had publicised splits from NBA star Chris Webber, singer John Singleton and actor Tyler Perry.

Carey has had troubled relationships with Luis Miguel, Yankee Derek Jeter and her music producer ex-husband Tommy Mottola.

The top 10:

1. Sheryl Crow

2. Jennifer Aniston

3. Paula Abdul

4. Hilary Duff

5. Tyra Banks

6. Lauren Conrad (US reality TV star)

7. Mariah Carey

8. Carrie Underwood (American Idol winner)

9. Kirstie Alley

10. Cameron Diaz

Source: In Touch Weekly

http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/story...5-10388,00.html

Road Warmers

LAURIE David and Sheryl Crow have become best buds during their cross-country trip aboard a biodiesel-fueled tour bus to educate students on global warming. "I didn't know her a year ago. And now we're sleeping together," Larry David's activist wife told the crowd at the Hearst Magazines Management Conference in New Orleans. Laurie, co-producer of "An Inconvenient Truth," added: "I've traveled with a political rock star and now an actual rock star. There are perks to traveling with a real rock star. I can share Sheryl's makeup, which I couldn't do with Al Gore."

Rush & Molloy

Warming plea steams Rove

Monday, April 23rd 2007, 4:00 AM

Print Email

The smoke is still clearing from the ideological bomb that exploded at Saturday's White House Correspondents' Association dinner when GOP overlord Karl Rove faced off with showbiz ecowarriors Sheryl Crow and Laurie David.

David, the wife of churlish "Curb Your Enthusiasm" star Larry David, said she and her rock-star pal had hoped Rove might take a "fresh look at the science of global warming" when they met him at the black-tie gala in D.C. But, according to David, Rove "immediately got combative. . . . Throwing a tantrum, Mr. Rove launched into a series of illogical arguments."

As he headed toward his table, "Sheryl reached out to touch his arm," David writes on TheHuffingtonPost.com. "Karl swung around and spat, ‘Don't touch me.' How hardened and removed from reality must a person be to refuse to be touched by Sheryl Crow?

"Unfazed, Sheryl abruptly responded, 'You can't speak to us like that, you work for us.' Karl then quipped, 'I don't work for you, I work for the American people.' . . . Sheryl promptly reminded him, 'We are the American people.' "

Rove later told The Washington Post that David "came over to insult me and she succeeded." (The man known as "Bush's Brain" was open-minded enough to sit with staffers of The New York Times, not exactly a White House organ.)

Good thing there was something laughable at the dinner. The Correspondents' Association had hired hoary comic Rich Little, hoping he would roast our commander in chief as Stephen Colbert did last year. A couple of Little's gags and impersonations (Nixon's "jowl movement"; Johnny Carson's lawyer dig) took wing, but most plummeted like Icarus.

At the Bloomberg News after-party, Little admitted to the Daily News' Celeste Katz, "It's a little bit of a hard room. Next year, they may go back to someone a little more biting."

Curiously, many in the crowd went gaga for an even-less-stellar performer, "American Idol" reject Sanjaya Malakar, who thankfully didn't sing. The skinny 17-year-old's handlers at the People magazine table tried to shoo away one autograph hound - until the guy explained that he was the governor of New York.

Having succeeded in getting a scribble for his three daughters, Eliot Spitzer said he considered the rooster-maned Sanjaya a potential donor - but not of money. "I was trying to get a hair transplant," Spitzer told us. (The attorney general-who-became-governor also chatted up California's Jerry Brown, a governor who became an attorney general.)

Even though it's true, I seriously doubt Government workers think/believe they work for us. Imo, they think/believe they answer to no one.

Ummm actually, most government workers do feel that way, including me. That's one reason why I recently refused a business trip to Atlanta that was going to cost $700 to fly from Washington DC to Atlanta. (Waste of taxpayers money.) Other people in my current, and in my old office, have done similar things, so it isn't just me being conscientious. Of course, there is deadwood, and many that abuse the system, but I bet not as many as you'd think. And I saw deadwood in the private sector too when I worked there.

Back on topic, Sheryl Crow and Laurie David are the epitome of what people like Karl Rove and his buddies hate. Not surprised their encounter didn't go down well. ;)

Edited by plick

As a federal employee, I agree with plick. It's part of our department ethos, constantly reiterated in most of the things we do every day (I work for the VA, so all that I do is "for the veterans")

I will, however, make an exception for some at the highest levels of govt that are, perhaps, political appointees?? While there might be some who truly feel they work "for the people", I don't think Karl Rove is one of them.....

Even though it's true, I seriously doubt Government workers think/believe they work for us. Imo, they think/believe they answer to no one.

Gov't worker here, and gotta weigh on this. I truly do feel that I serve the people, and will readily make my direct number available to the public and not use our front desk personnel to screen people. I'm paid fairly well for what I do, have very good benefits, and my position allows me the chance to help people during dire times in their lives (I work with dead people). However, there are those among us who do abuse their positions, and their behavior will always reflect negatively on the rest of us.

(Does surfing ChitChat during work hours count as abuse of position??? :unsure: )

(Does surfing ChitChat during work hours count as abuse of position??? :unsure: )

GOOD LORD!!! Perish that thought! (I hear the collective groan - pun was half way intentional!)

(Pagesix.com)

Fill Her Tank

SHERYL Crow should eat crow. The save-the-environment rocker who's on a "Stop Global Warming College Tour" with Laurie David and just proposed a limit on toilet paper usage is a big gas-guzzler. Her performance rider demands for each show include three tractor trailers, four buses and six cars for her entourage, TheSmokingGun.com reports. She also insists on 12 bottles of Grolsch beer, six bottles of "local" beer and a bottle each of "good Australian Cabernet" and "good Merlot." Crow's flack said the rider was "an old one from 10 years ago" but declined to show us a current one.