BobbyD

Who Will Come Out Next?

let's bring up tommy. i bet he will die with those gay rumors like paul newman did. no real confirmation from him but just stories from others.

It seems like more and more are coming out. I wonder the Chi fil a thing will lure a few more out. I has to be terrible to live in fear of your fans or your family finding out. I have always felt sorry for Travolta but now it is beginning to sound like he is plain mean and a bully.

Edited by Gracenote

Ezra Miller (that freaky Kevin movie) came out. Lainey hasn't talked about it yet - she does NOT like Ezra......(pretentious brat, basically.....)

Emma emulates Julia

Last Updated: 11:23 PM, October 30, 2012

Posted: 11:22 PM, October 30, 2012

Emma Roberts channeled her famous aunt Julia Roberts for Halloween, dressing as Vivian Ward, Julia’s hooker character in “Pretty Woman.” Emma wore the trademark thigh high black boots, skintight dress and blond wig to complete the look for fashion expert Rachel Za lis and producer Mike Meldman’s “Nightmare on Arden Street” bash on Friday. Stars at the party included Zac Efron and a male pal, who arrived as “Brokeback Mountain” characters, while model Alessandra Ambrosio donned a sexy military outfit. Also seen at the bash: Hilary Duff, in a “Day of the Dead” costume, Ryan Seacrest and Julianne Hough (as Bonnie and Clyde) Cindy Crawford , Rande Gerber and Sean Penn (who was not in costume). Demi Moore and Brett Ratner, who was dressed as a big furry bear. Maria Menounos came as a zombie, complete with a bone sticking out of her face.

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/emma_emula...Vue0R5QwvtKmGSP

Bolding mine ;)

Are they sure Sean Penn wasn't in costume? How random. Maybe he was dressed as Spicoli? Because that would be awesome. :D

if indeed gay, cruise will never ever come out. Not only because it would be embarrassing after his professional denial and the trajectory of his image control ove the years, but i suspect that psychologically his own sexuality is not something he's entirely comfortable with. I mean he's with an organiation that attempts to cure it.

Add Matt Dallas to the list. Not only is he unavailable to women, but presumably now other men. Double congrats.

Big congratulations to Dallas and fiancé Hamilton. Assuming this is legit, it's a very low key but pretty classy way to come out.

Have to agree and double the congratulations. BTW: http://www.reuters.com/article/2013/01/07/...E9060N820130107

Jodie Foster at the Golden Globes.

... be a big coming-out speech tonight because I already did my coming out about a thousand years ago back in the Stone Age, in those very quaint days when a fragile young girl would open up to trusted friends and family and co-workers and then gradually, proudly to everyone who knew her, to everyone she actually met. But now I’m told, apparently that every celebrity is expected to honor the details of their private life with a press conference...

Not that some other sites think this qualifies as being out (they still want that explicit "I am (glbt)")

Edited by sueli

I was left with a big feeling of WTF after her speech. Some parts were great. Some were head-scratchingly obscure.

But she's an amazing actress, good director (and producer?) and gorgeous at 50. And I loved that she talked about her former partner with whom she had the kids - that's a wonderful way to live when you have kids together!

As to Jodie Foster's golden globe speech

<yawn>

She values privacy and then talks about her private life? No one payin' any attention to ya lately honey?

Regardless if she fumbled the delivery (I haven't heard the speech yet), she is one of the most famous people to openly come out to the general public. Props to her. :)

I thought she came out a few years ago, at a different awards ceremony?

In 2008 (?) she thanked her partner Cydney Bernard in her acceptance speech at a Women in Film or something benefit. She didn't then (OR last night) say "I am gay". So some people are still upset about that.

We all know she's gay, so I don't really care about that so much. It's the "give me privacy, while I stand here in a multithousand dollar custom made dress talking to my peers, all of whom are wearing thousands of dollars of clothing and jewelry and oh yeah we depend on publicity to sell our movies or we wouldn't be here" bent of her speech that made me nuts. And now I'm rambling as badly as she did.

I thought Gawker's response summarizes my thoughts pretty well: http://gawker.com/5975748/the-sheer-gall-o...manding-privacy

I use to admire her for the fact that she kept her family fairly private. Then last night, as she went on about privacy, they kept showing her kids thereby eliminating any privacy they might have from here on out. How does that make sense?

About all she did last night was remind me of why I can't stand her interviews.

I actually have a totally different beef with her - she publicly supported Mel Gibson and even gave him a job, even when it was proven he was verbally and most likely physically abusive to his girlfriend. :BangHead:

I'm sure that this is no surprise, but Victor Garber also confirmed:

Victor Garber Interview

Here is the relevant part:

So I got up, walked into the lobby of the Langham Huntington Hotel and found Garber. I just decided to ask him: “Wikipedia lists Rainer Andreesen as your partner. I wondered if that’s something that’s public, that you’ve confirmed.”

He seemed surprised by the question but said: ‘I don’t really talk about it but everybody knows.”

Garber then added: “He’s going to be out here with me for the SAG Awards.”

I use to admire her for the fact that she kept her family fairly private. Then last night, as she went on about privacy, they kept showing her kids thereby eliminating any privacy they might have from here on out. How does that make sense?

About all she did last night was remind me of why I can't stand her interviews.

It makes sense to me. Her kids are older now and more likely to be seen/acknowledged. And if she's gotten knocks for not being out, the turning of 50 has her taking a different approach. If full (rambling) disclosure is what it takes to make the living the rest of your life still on your own terms but opposite of what you've done before so be it. It's the George Costanza!

although, while I understand she might have been very nervous, I can see Jerry's point, too:

“Showmanship, George. When you hit that high note, you say goodnight and walk off.

from today's popbitch :4biggrin:

>> Vin Deasy? <<

Everyone loves Diesel

One Popbitch reader was staying

at a fancy hotel in Rio recently

and fiddling about with her new

camera at the poolside. Before

too long, two heavies drew up

close to her and started making

demands that she delete any photos

she had taken. It transpired that

Vin Diesel was on the other side

of the pool and he had started

getting nervous.

When the reader recounted this

story on Facebook that evening,

two of her male friends chimed

in with their own stories of Vin.

They both claimed to have hooked

up with him.

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...im-gay/related/

Jason Collins comes out. First active major league athlete to do so.

I’m a 34-year-old NBA center. I’m black. And I’m gay.

I didn’t set out to be the first openly gay athlete playing in a major American team sport. But since I am, I’m happy to start the conversation. I wish I wasn’t the kid in the classroom raising his hand and saying, “I’m different.” If I had my way, someone else would have already done this. Nobody has, which is why I’m raising my hand….

I think I love him!

Edited by Hoyaheel

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/201...im-gay/related/

Jason Collins comes out. First active major league athlete to do so.

I’m a 34-year-old NBA center. I’m black. And I’m gay.

I didn’t set out to be the first openly gay athlete playing in a major American team sport. But since I am, I’m happy to start the conversation. I wish I wasn’t the kid in the classroom raising his hand and saying, “I’m different.” If I had my way, someone else would have already done this. Nobody has, which is why I’m raising my hand….

I think I love him!

I look forward to the day when these announcements are neither newsworthy nor necessary. Live and let live, I say.

I look forward to the day when these announcements are neither newsworthy nor necessary. Live and let live, I say.

Absolutely. But like he said - I didn't want to be the one who was different, but since no one else has done it, I will.....