princess

Rosie O'Donnell

Seriously, why scream homophobia for a person that is denying that they are gay? She is making it worse for him. Especially with her "it is a difficult time in his life, he is so confused" crap that she is spewing.

Exactly which makes the whole thing rather humorous because how could anyone take that as homophobic unless they were assuming the person was gay to begin with.

MC could be on to something or maybe it's a quiet campaign to out people while making it look like someone else's fault. Either way, Rosie will be providing lots and lots of snark before her contract is over! :D

Rosie's an ass -she basically calls Clay an ugly gay guy when she refers to him as homosexual and implies he's not attractive ("if he were someone cute..."), and then sums it up by saying, "TO ME it's homophobic." That's right, Rosie, TO YOU, not to most of the people in the world with common sense. She's starting to sound like Elton John - cranky, self righteous, a tad batty.

But Elton John at least has talent to back him up...Rosie might have been good once, but now??? Her crankiness doesn't disappear when she's on-screen.....

I still can't stand Kelly Ripa, and right now I sort of feel sorry for Clay but I've never liked him either. Guess I have no dog in this fight....

But Elton John at least has talent to back him up...Rosie might have been good once, but now??? Her crankiness doesn't disappear when she's on-screen.....

I still can't stand Kelly Ripa, and right now I sort of feel sorry for Clay but I've never liked him either. Guess I have no dog in this fight....

Actually, you just mentioned 3 or 4 dogs! :D

I guess it really boils down to who you dislike the least in this one.

Barbara Walters: Rosie, Kelly Feud Is Over

WEDNESDAY NOVEMBER 22, 2006 12:45PM EST

By Tim Nudd

Walters (left) and O'Donnell

Photo by: Shane Gritzinger / FilmMagic; Frank Trapper / Corbis

Barbara Walters, who often helps keep the peace among her View cohosts, attempted to close the door on the feud involving Rosie O'Donnell, Kelly Ripa and Clay Aiken on Wednesday's show.

"I love this show to be lively, and yesterday it certainly was lively," said Walters, who had taken the day off on Tuesday. "This is what I want to say. Rosie O'Donnell is one of the kindest, most sensitive people I know. And so is our friend Kelly Ripa. And Rosie and Kelly talked yesterday after the show. Rosie and Clay Aiken have talked. And all is well with the world, and all is well with them. So let's move on."

Calling herself "Mama Bear," Walters said that her speech was not rehearsed and that O'Donnell didn't know it was coming.

When Walters finished, O'Donnell said, "The sheriff is back in town! There you go."

Walters, an executive producer of The View, was returning to a show that saw plenty of fireworks in her absence. On Tuesday, O'Donnell accused Ripa of making a homophobic remark about Aiken on Live With Regis & Kelly , when Ripa told Aiken, who'd tried to cover her mouth, "I don't know where that hand's been, honey!"

Ripa called in to The View to say O'Donnell's accusation was "outrageous."

Aiken hasn't commented publicly on the incident – but did participate in a mini-skit about it during the American Music Awards on Tuesday night. As Aiken and Tori Spelling were introducing John Mayer, Spelling put her hand over Aiken's mouth and said, "I'll tell you where that hand's been later."

She really doesn't want that job anymore does she??? I don't understand why she took it - just to get at Star? To show everyone that she is the queen of talk? What?

I think I could handle Rosie having an opinion if only she wasn't so adamant about her being the only opinion that is right.

I completely agree. She states her opinions like they're supposed to be the word of God. I'm so sick of her and her big mouth. :rolleyes:

I feel bad for poor Clay. He hasn't actually come out and I know we're technically not supposed to know he's gay ;) but still, getting outed like that and being called an unattractive gay guy is just wrong.

CLAY AIKEN: LET'S FORGET ABOUT IT

How come no one is talking about the fact that Rosie O"Donnell blatantly OUTED Clay Aiken? Poor Kelly Ripa is being chastized for her perfectly normal reaction to Clay clamping his hand over her mouth to jokingly "shut her up" on her own TV show. No female TV host WE know of would be okay having a guest clamp his paw over her mouth and having her lipstick smeared on live TV. Granted, Aiken meant no harm - it was just rather tasteless, and Kelly's gripes about "where his hands have been " are perfectly normal. But Rosie's take on the incident - that Kelly's protest was homophobic - is laughable. In calling the incident "homophobic," Rosie carelessly (or deliberately?) OUTED Clay Aiken, who has made it clear he wants to keep his sexuality private. WE bet Clay is VERY upset with Rosie for making an issue of this, and wishes it would go away.

Posted by Janet Charlton

CLAY AIKEN: LET'S FORGET ABOUT IT

How come no one is talking about the fact that Rosie O"Donnell blatantly OUTED Clay Aiken? Poor Kelly Ripa is being chastized for her perfectly normal reaction to Clay clamping his hand over her mouth to jokingly "shut her up" on her own TV show. No female TV host WE know of would be okay having a guest clamp his paw over her mouth and having her lipstick smeared on live TV. Granted, Aiken meant no harm - it was just rather tasteless, and Kelly's gripes about "where his hands have been " are perfectly normal. But Rosie's take on the incident - that Kelly's protest was homophobic - is laughable. In calling the incident "homophobic," Rosie carelessly (or deliberately?) OUTED Clay Aiken, who has made it clear he wants to keep his sexuality private. WE bet Clay is VERY upset with Rosie for making an issue of this, and wishes it would go away.

Posted by Janet Charlton

Between this and the article about little Tommy's girdle, I'm really starting to like Janet... B)

"There's a good chance that I'll do something like that again ... Not on purpose."

– Rosie O'Donnell, apologizing for offensive comments on The View that outraged the Asian-American community

Donald Trump doesn't like Rosie O'Donnell:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xGZaCnfNgLE

Wow!! :o What an immature asshole. I don't know what started this fight, but Donald needs to grow up and be a man. Like I said, I don't know what happened and I haven't seen Rosie's side, so I am not defending her. But insulting someone in this manner is dispicable. :angry:

Wow!! What an immature asshole. I don't know what started this fight, but Donald needs to grow up and be a man. Like I said, I don't know what happened and I haven't seen Rosie's side, so I am not defending her. But insulting someone in this manner is dispicable.

I didn't see it, but from what I read Rosie slammed Trump for letting Miss USA keep her crown. His response was awful, but she was equally insulting in her slam. She called him a snake-oiled charmer or something.

Here is the people article:

Rosie Slams Trump, The Donald Fires Back

WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 20, 2006 03:20 PM EST

WEDNESDAY DECEMBER 20, 2006 05:25 PM EST UPDATED

By Mark Dagostino and Brian Orloff

Photo by: Carolyn Contino / BEI; BARRY TALESNICK-IPOL / GLOBE

Rosie O'Donnell had some fiery words for Donald Trump on The View Wednesday morning, calling him a "snake-oil salesman" following his announcement that he would not fire troubled Miss USA Tara Conner.

After hearing about her comments, Trump fired back to PEOPLE, calling her "a woman out of control" and saying he planned to sue O'Donnell over her statements questioning his financial well-being.

"You can't make false statements," Trump tells PEOPLE exclusively. "Rosie will rue the words she said. I'll most likely sue her for making those false statements – and it'll be fun. Rosie's a loser. A real loser. I look forward to taking lots of money from my nice fat little Rosie."

The battle began on Wednesday's show, when a peeved O'Donnell said: "(He) left the first wife – had an affair. (He) had kids both times, but he's the moral compass for 20-year-olds in America. Donald, sit and spin, my friend."

O'Donnell, who impersonated Trump by deepening her voice and flipping her hair to one side, aimed her criticism at his comment from the Tuesday press conference that, "I've always been a believer in second chances. Tara is good person. Tara has tried hard. Tara is going to be given a second chance."

Conner, who just turned 21, will go to rehab but keep her crown, following reports of alleged drug and alcohol abuse. A grateful Conner apologized for her behavior at the press conference, and she thanked Trump for his compassion.

But O'Donnell was not as touched. After repeatedly saying she "didn't enjoy him," Rosie discussed Trump's finances – saying he went bankrupt, which Trump denies – and likened him to the "snake-oil salesman on Little House On The Prairie. This is not a self-made man," O'Donnell said.

And while O'Donnell and her View co-hosts discussed Conner's alleged drug and alcohol abuse, Rosie was dismissive, saying, "She went out and she was partying – doing what Paris and Lindsay do."

She also turned her wrath toward the Miss USA organization itself. "Miss America is the prestige," she said. "Miss USA is a different thing. It's basically a model competition. Let's be realistic."

Trump's response? "She talked about the Miss USA contest, which has terrific ratings on NBC. Miss America got thrown off of network television! It's (on cable), where nobody watches it," he said, countering her statements. "And my father never gave me tons of money."

He also thinks Rosie's rant against him was personal. Trump says he once sarcastically chastised Rosie about her "failed magazine" and "failed talk show." Added The Donald: "I think she's just terrible."

For her part, O'Donnell seemed to realize she was in for a fight after she criticized Trump, adding: "Here comes the lawsuit. Get ready. This is going to be good."

On Wednesday afternoon The View executive producers, Bill Geddie and Barbara Walters, issued a statement in support of O'Donnell – and Trump.

"Both Rosie and Donald are high-spirited, opinionated people. Donald has been a friend of The View for many years and Rosie, of course, is our enormously popular moderator. We cherish them both and hope the new year brings calm and peace."

And the follow-up from people.com:

Rosie Blogs: Trump Is 'Charming'

THURSDAY DECEMBER 21, 2006 08:15 AM EST

By Stephen M. Silverman

Photo by: Carolyn Contino / BEI; BARRY TALESNICK-IPOL / GLOBE

The war of words between Rosie O'Donnell and Donald Trump continues to flare with a volley from her side posted on her blog.

In a new entry that went up on her personal Web site Wednesday night, O'Donnell reproduced a lengthy article from the online encyclopedia site Wikipedia about Trump's finances – in particular, his reported 1990 business bankruptcy and his being on brink of personal bankruptcy. (Through all his business ups and downs, he has never personally filed for bankruptcy.)

The entry is to help support her claim, made on The View Wednesday, that Trump has a shaky financial past – which he has threatened to use as a basis to sue her, because, he told PEOPLE, "You can't make false statements."

In her posting, O'Donnell adds in her blog's haiku style: "loving the wiki/i use it/do u."

As for Trump's threat that he's considering sending some of his friends to go steal O'Donnell's companion, Kelli Carpenter, away from "nice fat little Rosie," the View cohost also writes, "i will let u know if the donald sues me/or if kelli leaves me for one of his pals/dont u find him charming."

The clash between the two began when O'Donnell expressed fiery words about Trump on Wednesday's edition of her ABC show, on which she called him a "snake-oil salesman" following Tuesday's announcement that he would not fire troubled Miss USA Tara Conner.

After hearing about her comments, Trump fired back to PEOPLE, calling O'Donnell "a woman out of control" and saying he planned to sue her over the statements questioning his economic well-being.

Trump Fires Back: "Rosie Is Disgusting"

Posted Dec 21st 2006 10:01AM by TMZ Staff

Posted Image

People, this is celebrity mudslinging at its finest!

Never one to back down from a fight, Donald Trump has gone BACK after Rosie O'Donnell, via Entertainment Tonight's website, calling her "disgusting, both inside and out. You take a look at her, she's a slob."

The bashing only got worse as it went on, and Trump seemed to enjoy every venomous word. You can see him trying not to crack a smile as he explains his reasoning for possibly taking legal action saying, "I'll probably sue her because she doesn't tell the facts. I'd like to take some money out of her fatass pockets."

Posted Image

The rivalry, which seems like it's been brewing for years, started just yesterday after Rosie attacked Trump on "The View" for acting as America's "moral authority" during his public pardon of Miss America Tara Conner. "[Donald] left the first wife, had an affair. Left the second wife, had an affair ... but he's the moral compass for 20-year-olds?"

Wow! Today's "View" should be a good one. Stay tuned.

Trump and Rosie Argue Over Miss USA

AP

NEW YORK (Dec. 21) - The Miss USA partying episode has led to a war of words between Rosie O'Donnell and Donald Trump. O'Donnell, co-host of the ABC television morning talk show "The View," said on Wednesday's show that Trump's news conference with Tara Conner had annoyed her "on a multitude of levels."

"Left the first wife, had an affair, left the second wife, had an affair. Had kids both times, but he's the moral compass for 20-year-olds in America," O'Donnell said to roars of audience laughter. "Donald, sit and spin, my friend."

She continued: "He inherited a lot of money. wait a minute, and he's been bankrupt so many times where he didn't have to pay. ... I just think that this man is sort of like one of those, you know, snake oil salesmen in 'Little House on the Prairie."'

"Rosie O'Donnell is disgusting, I mean both inside and out," Trump shot back on the syndicated entertainment show "The Insider." "Take a look at her, she's a slob. She talks like a truck driver. ... Her show failed when it was a talk show, she failed on that. The ratings went very, very low and very bad and she got essentially thrown off television. Her magazine was a total catastrophe, she got sued.

"I never went bankrupt, but she said I went bankrupt. So probably I'll sue her because it would be fun. I'd like to take some money out of her fat-ass pockets," he said.

Trump, owner of the Miss Universe Organization, which includes Miss USA and Miss Teen USA - said Tuesday at a news conference that he would allow Conner to keep her title if she settled down and entered alcohol rehab.

Conner tearfully admitted drinking as a minor at New York nightclubs. She turned 21 a day before the news conference.

On Wednesday, Mothers Against Drunk Driving said it was severing ties with Miss Teen USA Katie Blair because it was "disappointed" by news reports that she had been spotted partying with Conner in New York clubs.

"We do not feel, at this time, that Ms. Blair can be an effective spokesperson on underage drinking and will not ask her to represent MADD in future initiatives," MADD spokeswoman Heidi Castle said in a statement.

A message left for a representative of Blair, an 18-year-old from Billings, Mont., wasn't returned.

Miss Universe Organization spokeswoman Lark-Marie Anton said Blair's crown also was safe. Anton said the organization respected "MADD's decision as much as we respect their work. We look forward to working with them in the future."

I'm no big fan of Rosie or Donald, but I love that Rosie says what a lot of us are thinking without worrying about the outcome. I also love The Donald's quick and witty response, which was basically, "Oh yeah, well you're fat and ugly." Nice comeback, Don. :rolleyes:

Edited by RedandBlue

Yep, I agree with that. I'm no Rosie fan, but I like "The Donald" even less....And he came off REALLY bad in that video. This could (pleasepleaseplease) turn into a PR nightmare for him, even if loads of people don't like Rosie....

The fact that Donald Trump, one of the most laughable looking humans on the planet thinks he has any right in the universe to insult another human is beyond belief. To call someone fat-assed when he is no skinny minny and he must have at least ten feet of hair swirling around his head is beyond pathetic.

Donald, you dickwad, did you actually forget that you were almost in bankruptcy..owing like BILLIONS of dollars? And, word has it that you have overextended the hell out of yourself once again. So, slamming someone for calling you on your money mismanagement is typical of your arrogance and pea brain.

I keep wanting to call him swami because his hair looks like a turban.

This whole fued is hysterical! Since Rosie joined The View has never been more popular. Every week there is a new "scandal"!

Now, Rosie and Donald are generating tons of publicity for both of thier shows! Both are laughing all the way to the bank. Personally, I am very entertained by both of them... Right now though, I am "enjoying" Rosie more.

This whole fued is hysterical! Since Rosie joined The View has never been more popular. Every week there is a new "scandal"!

Now, Rosie and Donald are generating tons of publicity for both of thier shows! Both are laughing all the way to the bank. Personally, I am very entertained by both of them... Right now though, I am "enjoying" Rosie more.

I agree, except my description of the combatants is that I find Rosie "a tad less despicable." She can dish it, but doesn't take it. His response was over the top rude and juvenile, once again proving that money doesn't buy class.

Edited by Serendipity